Thread: Q: Trying to avoid Cleric/Mage as support...

Hybrid View

Default Q: Trying to avoid Cleric/Mage as support...

Howdy.

I've played Cleric and Mage types in Horizons and multiple other MMORPG's and decided no more!

I've just returned to Istaria, and am tentatively levelling up lowbie Ranger and Reaver characters. I know it used to be commonplace to level in Cleric and/or Mage for support but I'd like to avoid them completely.

Could anybody suggest a good direction to go? I had vague ideas of backing up my Ranger with either Spiritist and Bloodmage for ranged offense or taking Shaman if its useful at all... The Reaver I'm wondering about, either going nature and Shaman or Guardian or alternatively the Monk route...

Yes, its a funny way to go...

Any advice welcome

Default Re: Q: Trying to avoid Cleric/Mage as support...

Theres a few ways you can go about doing this.

1. Assuming you still want heals an such but dont want cleric/healer you can always ake up paladin an still get the life skill needed, but to scribe the spells youd need to be in a class that could usem(such as druid spiritist etc).

2. To back up ranger, id go elemental archer because they can use lightning arrows from ranger so its kinda nice. It adds 10 bow which is good to. Scout id get to maybe 20 for long shot.

3. Ranged offense, while bloodmage is good i do believe spiritist is better as you get 10 blight an spirit. You get dubuffs and spirit spells. Bloodmage mostly has dots.

4. Shaman an guardian would actually go really well together, You recieve 2 an 1 hand crush with both. hey both use nature and shaman adds the debuffs/buffs. I would still back it up with druid tho for Field of Growth II.

If you ever want any arcane spells/classes youll ave to at least get mage to 20. Just a heads up. I believe ya also need at least lvl 20 cleric for paladin.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

I'd second that call on Spiritist. With 10 Blight and 10 Spirit per level they are the debuff/leach masters I am currently enjoying my Spiritist/Reaver combination - Spiritist for Spirit Bolt damage and debuffs, with Reaver armor and special attacks.

Blood mage gets Blood Bolt which IMHO is the most devastating repeater spell in-game, but they only get 8 Blight per level (still 10 Spirit however).
    Last edited by StalePopcorn; September 7th, 2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: more wiki-link-spamming! :)
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Thank you both.

No, I'm not putting a single level in Cleric or Mage, so it takes all their skill derived Prestiges out of the loop...

I'll go into a little detail, but you've got me thinking...

1st character (atm)

1) Ranger, primary class. All others used for extra abilities and spells for it.
    2) Druid, secondary.
    3) Scout, tertiary. Neglected but I think only Scout gets Long Shot?

And for a different ranged damage type to Nature, Spiritist and/or Blood Mage? Group usefulness a plus.

2nd character (lowbie atm).

1) Reaver, primary, see Ranger...
    2) Warrior/Spiritist.

And for a different melee damage type to Blight, and survivability... I did consider Shaman or Monk (plus Disciple).

Thanks!

Do not forget that Monk or disciple gives you 1000 evasion at 100 (nice to have)

Knossos

Since your not gona take a life class that means youll only have revitalizes an ressurection. no other heals. In that case i would definately take druid for field of growth II. an It does heal more than Regrowth V. Guardian also has morning dew which is a heal an adds magc evasion.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Thread Information