Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancients

Drayen

Default Ancients

After seeing the ancient NPC in Chiconis, i have to say im not impressed. There is a definate size difference, yes, but i was hoping for bigger. Dragons dont get any cool looking armor or amazingly flashy weapons/shields, etc. I was already somewhat dissappointed with the adults, but you can make up for it with the ancients. I hope that you have more install for us. I would like to see them at scale size 2.0 or larger than regular, more hornes, larger spinal spiikes, more define features, and if you could change the winges some how to make them like a double set that would be great too. Bottom line, i'm expecting a lot, and considering how much we give up by being dragons, i dont think thats to much to ask for,

Thankyou for reading, and thankyou for your time and consideration,

-Drayen

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Default Re: Ancients

Yeah, I have to say I wasn't struck with awe either, you only really see a sizable difference when they fly - looking from utilizing the 'offline mode' trick. I was looking for more appendages too, in fact all of the dragon head designs stay roughly the same - but bigger - except that 'traditional' dragon head - which I wish I chose instead of the 'all crest' one - with the side crests, horns and long snout- when adult the horns straighten out and to me, that's the most discernable change of all the head designs - but even that head design doesn't get so much as an appearance change on an ancient dragon.

I don't know about the 'two pairs of wings' though, I'd personally like that but I know a lot of people might not. There should be like a second 'character creation' you go through upon reaching ancient status or something.

I'm not saying anything else yet, because as I said on the other forums: don't 'work' on the Ancient Rite of Passage 'til the Adult one is fixed first. Heck I'm still waiting to do mine. :/

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Calinor

Post this in the suggestion forum?

Sure they are not much bigger to look at but adult are already impracitcally large. Ancients will be worse.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

...take a look at the one on the Floating Island...

Two pairs of wings? hmm... the fore set would interfere with the aft set, and it would look very odd... I've never ready about any bi-plane dragons. But a fancy head crest, some unique back scales and to be able to see the armour your wearing would be awesome...

I've got a long way to go for ancient, whatever the req's end up being; and they need to sort out the wraith drop rate first! Will be interesting to see.

I pray to the Lord of our Kindred that a little immagination comes into play here...

Spirit

Two sets of wings? *sits back in horror* NO!!!! I am not a butterfly.

Adult dragons are already the biggest player character in ANY MMORPG I know of by a HUGE margin. Size does NOT give a benefit. Quite the contrary. It's a disadvantage. You ever been in a group of dragons trying to kill a human sized enemy? Even with adults we're literally on top of each other. If it weren't for select nearest enemy I often wouldn't be able to fight in a group of dragons.

In fact one of the reasons I'm hoping for more really big monsters is so dragons can group up and kill stuff without getting in each other's way.

I remember them mentioning ancients long ago (probably in beta or maybe even before). They did indeed originally plan for them to be bigger but finally decided they was just too big so they scaled them back. I for one would like to be able to enter the dragon areas in Dralk and Chiconis without going to Khutit form.

Actually it is more then a size change. The proportions are slightly different. If they did anything more drastic it's a safe bet some people wouldn't like them (like 2 sets of wings ewwwww). Short of letting people recustomize their dragon the safest thing to do is to make the ancient a straightforward extrapolation of adult.

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    Two sets of wings? *sits back in horror* NO!!!! I am not a butterfly.
    Myvisualization of a double pair-winged dragon is morealong the lines of aDimar kind i.e. they're just minor sail-like appendages at the stump of the tail. I wasn't really hinting at something like two fully functional pairs of wings, that'd be a bit bizarre. oO;

I'm not too bothered by the size to be honest - they certainly look big in flight - I know of the havoc that ensues within a group consisting of mainly adults, I've been there. Really, it's just additional appendages that seem to be lacking, I'm aware of the modification of physique but, meh... an ancient dragon's looks are certainly not my primary concern right now anyway.

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Ahhh.. okie dokie.. [:)]

Me's understands nows...

Spirit, Unity

As far as I know, the ancient design is finished, they are making the aROP, and will be larger than adults, but not by that much because its just not practical.
    The amount of time it would take to create a new model is pretty large, and with all the lairs and housing changes their artists are working hard.

yey! even bigger dragon asses when fighting...

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    As far as I know, the ancient design is finished, they are making the aROP, and will be larger than adults, but not by that much because its just not practical.
    The amount of time it would take to create a new model is pretty large, and with all the lairs and housing changes their artists are working hard.
    Ancients are about 2x the size of adults.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Fridlekh

wow that was a while back when I made that...

Big wings make me smile... [:D]

Spirit

I think the existing dragon models are fine. The dragons look great and for the most part are nicely animated. Sure ancient dragons aren't enormously larger than adult, but the difference is still quite noticeable, especially when flying.

Any larger and it would be hard to zoom out enough to see what you are fighting.

Still, one time I saw a dev online in the body of double or triple sized ancient. Looked awesome. As an adult dragon standing next to him, the top of my head didn't even come up to the bottom of his chest.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I think you should be able to modify the way your dragon looks both at adult and again at ancient with additional horns, frills, plates, ect. However, there are more important things to be taken care of first, many more important things.
    Vesuvius Veix
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius
    I think you should be able to modify the way your dragon looks both at adult and again at ancient with additional horns, frills, plates, ect. However, there are more important things to be taken care of first, many more important things.
    I completely agree.

Some added customization would be nice (adding extra horns, different shaped horns, lion manes, tail spikes, etc.) But the models look good enough as is so such modification should have low priority.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Have the Ancients gain the ability to cast an aura..your choice of colors. With that much power and primal magic inside some has to leak out someplace. Adramaleck as a red dragon and his name meaning Prince of Flames would look great wreathed in a firey aura.

A white could have an icey one...a blue an electric one...green gaseous (?) ...ahh well. You get the idea so whether or not it is the AD&D pattern as above or something different.....it would be fun!
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Aye I was thinking the same thing, in fact I even suggested it a long while back on the sister thread to this one ;)
    Vesuvius Veix

Perhaps that is where I got it from and if I stole your idea you have my most profound apologies. [;)]

I still like it however.....I can dive from 30,000 feet to the ground trailing smoke and fire and screaming my might to everyone.............

........forget to pull up in time and crash into the ground! [8-)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Thread Information