Thread: So Is Everyone A Dragon?

Default So Is Everyone A Dragon?

I'm new to Istaria (still on the trial in fact), and after reading a bit of the forums it seems that things here seem a bit Dragon-centric.

Now I realize that there's a Dragon in the Istaria logo, and that playing a Dragon is a big draw for many, but is there a balance representation of all races in-game? Or are we looking at half the population being Dragons, and the other races combining for the remainder?

I'm still just trying to get a feel for this game. In other games I've played there was never a really dominant race, but it looks different here in Istaria.

Default Re: So Is Everyone A Dragon?

Dragons tend to make up the dominant race in Istaria. Normaly averaging half of all players on at any time. Very rarely will you see the peds out number the dragons, and even rarer are the times when a single race out numbers dragons

Dragons are dominant by nature, big, loud, arrogant (the good ones excluded of course ), they think the world revolves around them and act like that (more in the forum than in play, not speaking about Order, the RP server, I don't know about that). To avoid problems like being squashed or eaten as a snack, we, the other races, leave them thinking they are right.

It doesn't matter much for game play, a lot of dragons play other races too and vice versa.

*Hatchies are cute though.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most peeps have a mix, phel, to test out class combos and such, but it is not unheard of for someone to strictly play dragons or a particular ped race.
    i have one of each - a draggy and a ped - and i find it to be a different game for each. plus and minus, pro and con - i recommend you try them and just do what you like!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

also lots of dragons have alts or bipeds have alt dragons ^^ tends to vary.

I got 3 draggies and 2 peds. I'm arrogant to dragons when I play my Sslik character on chaos. I have a helian mentality in-game and irl of course. I do get chased and mock-eaten by Lunus, but Sslik are wicked fast so I don't worry about getting away. Plus I know good hiding spots. The chase usually starts when they call you lunch and its entertaining because there are so many of them. Unfortunately, I stopped when one got angry out of the blue and started yelling over tell. I'll still call a Lunus 'scalebag' if they call me a derogative term for biped.
    Living is the only revenge we Jedi can partake in. If the Empire fails to kill us all, we win. http://baishenlong.deviantart.com/

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

The signature says it all.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Most play both biped and dragon. IMO those who do not are missing out on three things:

in no particular order

1) understanding of game balance
    2) lots of diversity/fun
    3) new challenges/perspectives (birds eye view for example)
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Thread Information