Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fps and lag

Default Fps and lag

i have noticed that my fps had gone down in the last week or soo : ( it now sits around 10 . 13 12 or 4 :P ...
    it ues to stay in the 2o's or hie teens
    and the lag and the dc's and mod lag pops // lag in spawing mobs .

has any one ecl got this as well .?
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: Fps and lag

logging in lasts as long as it never did
    porting is a pain
    lags when fighting with groups
    lags at SoG`s and Reklar`s and on Satyr
    freezes with no reason
    crashes (Knossos wrote about that)

very unsatisfying situation atm
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I agree. I am fortunate enough to have a new computer, but run XP Pro. Since the Vista client I get 1/3 or less of the FPS that I used to, a ton of lag (opening vault, looting, general movement lag, even worse mob loading lag than before which is saying something, etc), very long porting times, and so on.

Mind you, I am not complaining-- it IS frustrating because the game used to run so much better for me-- but I am thankful that the Vista client is live, in hopes that it'll get more people playing again (that said, the decrease in player activity on Order as of late has me a bit worried).

I am sure our devs are probably aware of the decrease in performance for XP users (does this effect all XP users?)-- I am curious if anyone knows why it's happening and if it can be fixed?

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Many of my friends tha play use XP, and they have all the same problems as me, crashes, lags, hang ups, patcher that acts up with no reason etc.

My friends that have vista or win 7 have not anymore problems. The game really needs to be fixed now for the XP users, since the majority of the players have probably still XP. And people won't just buy a new OS because of a game, honestly.

Yes I will sooner or later get probably WIN 7, but at the moment I see no reason to buy it, since my XP pc works fine (no vista, really stay away from me with that). All my applications work fine with XP , but istaria, that act now like a little brat since the vista "fix".

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I can't stand the looooooooooooong wait when porting. Yes, I understand that if its a town or location Ihavent been to, however, when I have been to a town and it takes up to 5 minutes to finish porting, I have to ask whats going on? I have the boxes not checked upon login, sorry can't remember the name of it. No problem with my fps, 38.4.

hmm soo every one that has xp has the same problems ?
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

seems so Helle

And I share Nambroth`s concerns about the fading population.

There might be other reasons too-
    but the technical probs keep some players away from our beautiful land.
    Some can`t, some won`t do the installs/steps that are necessary to cope with the countinuous technical probs.
    I said that long ago in another thread- and it became even worse.

Concerning Flame and me: Without the help of Vasilios we would not be able to play in an acceptable way- if we could play at all.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Not at all Hellenia.

And for those who are having difficulty patching or experiencing serious lag, I would ask that you please submit a support ticket. While there is a slight chance that our team can't do anything to specifically help with your case, I can say for certain that they won't ever be able to if they aren't made aware of it.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Yep, I have these problems too. Seems to be crashing a bit less than it was for me, but I still get pretty laggy.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

For everyone experiencing very long ports:

Are you clearing your world cache every time upon exit?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post

I find clearing the cache folder makes the loading time a bit longer in haveing to re -install the .. "some stuff " ?
    than agin i may be worng"

Yes, clearing the world cache WILL make your ports take a very long time. Don't clear the cache unless you have a very good reason to.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post

No. Only on the occasion that I have really bizarre and sometimes hindering graphical bugs. Though that occasion has increased as of late.

I'm still getting black terrain on ports and on flying into different areas (even though I've deleted world cache and gone through the zones already). This doesn't happen all the time (not every port). Seems to happen after 4-5 ports where I start getting black terrain. Sometimes it finally loads in, sometimes it doesn't and I have to relog.

I will say that Bristugo sure does look pretty when only the landing pad and the lair loads. All those cool lair structures all visible when you port in. It can take upwards of 3-4 minutes for the land to load and stop seeing all the completed lair structures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Is your loadscreen set to true or false? (As in, are you using it or not?)

I too have been getting large swaths of missing land textures. The land is still there, I can land on it and stomp around.. it's just 'invisible'. I can see all the structures below, such as lairs. I have screenshots if anyone needs them.
    Porting or flying 'out of range' does not seem to fix it. The only thing I can do is log out, clear world cache, and log back in and deal with my extra-extra long loading and porting times.

I have my loading screen turned on.

i'v had that happen once over by the spir tower thing / the tel to pvp . heh it was like were the world go XD heh i even fell thrw the wold once .. nice grass trees ... and no grass still trees but no ground . and i can see all under it like lairs and some odd shadows from trees that seem to reach all the why to the bottem of nothingens :P heh i had a Littel fun with it than i had to re-log to fix it . the odd thig was i was flying to the tower not teling and it seems like the ground forgot to load up or some thing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Loadscreen false; not clearing cache every time.
    I am getting more lag and black environment (just the buildings showing) after just a few ports. Occasionaly get invisible ground. Also seem to be more glitches around. Getting thrown out: not all too often, does happen though. I'm using XP and no plans to change that anytime soon. All this since vista-patch.

For world cache clearing check your launcher options. If you set it there once, it will stay active (deleting each time) until you deselect it.

If you run windowed mode and get visual troubles, did you check how much memory istaria.exe was using?

okay glad I'm not the only one with horrible lag time while playing and today, I cant even get into the game it freezes while loading up. I've had to reset my comp each time to unfreeze everything. any ideas on how to fix that?
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Thread Information