Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Gaileach: The Myloc Queen (Part 2)

Default [Fixed] Gaileach: The Myloc Queen (Part 2)

I got this quest two days ago and went to deliver the letter to Barrakhen in Kirasant. Chatted with him and bought his formulas, then to Aug and bought what purified radiant orbs I found and logged for the night. This is on my ancient dragon Dracaena on Order shard. Yesterday when I logged in the quest was disabled. Thinking maybe I made a mistake logging out in khutite form I shifted to dragon and relogged. Still disabled. I went to Auberdine and gathered the Pure Water and still disabled. I tried changing crafting school from lairshaper(lv66) to dragoncrafter(lv100), still disabled.

Checked my completed quest log and it was already marked as done. I did not complete any of the steps for the cleansing bath besides gather the pure water trying to get that thing to reactivate. Since the quest was marked complete I went ahead and talked to Gaileach and took Part 3 that she was offering.

I also tried to make a ticket on this twice yesterday and once today and they seem to go directly to black hole, do not pass dev. It says I have no current tickets.

Thank you,

Dracaena

Default Re: Gaileach: The Myloc Queen (Part 2)

Trusting my memory, in order to submit a ticket in the new support site it is necessary to press a "Submit Ticket" button on no less than 3 different pages:

First time "Submit Ticket" button brings you to a screen for preparing your ticket (shouldn't his button say "Prepare Ticket" instead of "Submit Ticket"?)

Second at the bottom of the screen where you compose your ticket text there is another "Submit Ticket" button. Pressing this one brings you to a page of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and if you scroll down to the bottom of the FAQ page there is yet another "Submit Ticket" button and it is this third one that actually posts the ticket to the support site.

Should not the second "Submit Ticket" button simply read "Next" instead of "Submit Ticket"? And why is it that we are to compose the ticvket and then be asked to review the FAQ's to see if we really need to submit the ticket?

Knossos

That is very strange behavior you're getting, Knossos.

I just submitted a test ticket myself, didn't even log in, just did it as if I were a guest using only an email address. I selected "Submit A Ticket" from the support site window. Then had to pick what category to submit it to. Then I entered the Subject and actual ticket information (and yes, had to do the captcha thing). Knowledge Base articles came up based on the keywords in my ticket, but I behaved as if none of those articles solved my problems and hit submit.

(To answer your question on that, how would we know what your ticket was about until after you'd submitted it and can pick up on keywords? )

So after actually filling out the ticket, the only time I had to hit "Submit" again was to confirm that none of the KB articles worked.

Maybe we're just calling things differently, but the various windows all made sense to me from a user point of view.

Well did you not push a button to reach the FAQ page and did it not say submit? If so that would be second submit and the third is at bottom of FAQ screem.

Knossos

I looked again at the ticket site. I think what happened to me was after typing all the details out the next screen that popped up was a long list of entries and I didn't see the additional submit button all the way at the bottom. I simply went from there to the my tickets link to see if the darn thing had posted. Since I didn't see the additional submit button of course there was nothing under my tickets. At least I will know what to look for next time but it was rather frustrating to me.

Thanks,

Dracaena

I always had the same Knossos-its right what you say
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I looked again at the ticket site. I think what happened to me was after typing all the details out the next screen that popped up was a long list of entries and I didn't see the additional submit button all the way at the bottom. I simply went from there to the my tickets link to see if the darn thing had posted. Since I didn't see the additional submit button of course there was nothing under my tickets. At least I will know what to look for next time but it was rather frustrating to me.

Thanks,

Dracaena
    Yup. I've had this too. There's been many times where I simply forget that there is another button I need to hit in order to actually submit it. Many of my tickets were "lost" this way where three days will pass before I check on the ticket. Lo and behold it was never submitted in the first place.

I got this quest two days ago and went to deliver the letter to Barrakhen in Kirasant. Chatted with him and bought his formulas, then to Aug and bought what purified radiant orbs I found and logged for the night. This is on my ancient dragon Dracaena on Order shard. Yesterday when I logged in the quest was disabled. Thinking maybe I made a mistake logging out in khutite form I shifted to dragon and relogged. Still disabled. I went to Auberdine and gathered the Pure Water and still disabled. I tried changing crafting school from lairshaper(lv66) to dragoncrafter(lv100), still disabled.

Checked my completed quest log and it was already marked as done. I did not complete any of the steps for the cleansing bath besides gather the pure water trying to get that thing to reactivate. Since the quest was marked complete I went ahead and talked to Gaileach and took Part 3 that she was offering.

I also tried to make a ticket on this twice yesterday and once today and they seem to go directly to black hole, do not pass dev. It says I have no current tickets.

Thank you,

Dracaena
    This quest has been bugged since it came live. If you relog for any reason before finishing it, it disables itself.

Go to Aughundell and greet Gaileach, she will consider part 2 completed, and get you started on part three. After that, you can delete the disabled part 2.

I am unable to find anything wrong with this quest... The only requirements to get it (and therefore the only way it can become disabled) is that you've completed "The Myloc Queen (Part 1)" and that you haven't completed "The myloc Queen (Part 2)". So if you somehow got the quest twice then that might explain why this showed up disabled.

I'm sorry, Guaran, but I am unable to reproduce this behavior and I can see nothing in the quest that would cause it to do this.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I am unable to find anything wrong with this quest... The only requirements to get it (and therefore the only way it can become disabled) is that you've completed "The Myloc Queen (Part 1)" and that you haven't completed "The myloc Queen (Part 2)". So if you somehow got the quest twice then that might explain why this showed up disabled.

I'm sorry, Guaran, but I am unable to reproduce this behavior and I can see nothing in the quest that would cause it to do this.
    Hmm, well this has happened to everyone I've talked to. Logging out seems to disable the quest. Might be logging out + some time passing. But It disables itself for sure.

Get to the point where you have greeted barrakhus (npc in aug who sells forms) and when he sends you off for the 5 greater fire elemental trophies, etc. then log out and back in. Its when you get to that point that it will disable itself if you log out.

It does not do it for me. There is no time frame on the quest, and the fire materia is simply a loot step (which exist in many different quests).

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

After acepting the quest from Gaileach I went to Kirasant to deliver the letter. I talked to Barrakhen, got his shopping list and purchased his forms before leaving. I went to Aughundell and purchased what purified radiant orbs I could find at the consigner. I logged for the night and did not speak to Gaileach. When I logged in the next day the quest was disabled. I did not notice until later in the day that it had already been put in my completed quest log. I did not speak to Gaileach while trying to get the thing to reactivte.

On the disabled quest there were check marks for:

Clean the heart shaped artivact before activating it.

Deliver the letter and heart shaped artifact to Barrakhen in Kirasant.

Help Barrakhen creat a cleansing bath for the artifact.

The following sub steps for the bath components are not checked as I hadn't done them.

I did some research here on the forums when the first relog after shifting to dragon from khutite didn't do anything and found out that others have run into this problem before. I fiddled around some more with the other things before I thought to look in my completed quest log. Since the quest was marked complete I didn't see any other solution and went ahead and talked to Gaileach then and took the quest for Part 3. I don't see any way I could have been given the quest for part 2 twice.

Mainly I was just wanting to let it be known that there was still a problem with this quest.

Dracaena

I don't know if this is related to the same problem or not (my apologies if it's already a know issue) but my vault quest (to obtain more vault space for a fee) randomly disables and re-enables itself for some reason. If I log in and it is enabled, it stays enabled. If I log in and it is disabled, it stays disabled. No idea why

It's not a problem at the moment since I do not desire to upgrade yet. And, when I do decide to upgrade in the future, if it is disabled at the time I can just wait a bit

Last time I logged in to play it was enabled. (This is on AzureFire).

Hope this information helps. Just trying to provide some more clues.

Sent
    Last edited by SentientSeeker; September 14th, 2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Added last line before sig.
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

I do want to point out that in this quest you must create the Purified Radiant Essence Powder and Travertine Bowl YOURSELF, you must loot the Greater Fire Elemental Materia YOURSELF, and you must gather the Pure Water YOURSELF.

Right. But if you don't do the steps as soon as you get to that point, the quest gets disabled (or maybe its getting put into the completed quests automatically?).

Is it possible that the quest itself is fine, but some other "quest cleanup process" is running or something? Maybe something passed over from blight shard. (Just guessing at this point)

did those having issues with the quest start the series earlier on? i know in earlier versions, once the pure water was collected, the quest disabled, but when folks showed up to gaileach with all the items in their inventory it went to the next step for them.
    at one point i handed a bowl, the essence powder and the fire golem materia to someone else after they had finished gathering the water, and they were able to continue the quest.
    i believe updates were supposed to have fixed the issue, but it could it be tied in to something earlier in the quest series? such that taking part 2 now would still be affected by it? (sorry, clueless here just trying to brainstorm)

I did not create the bowl, powder, water, or looting the night I got the quest as it was late and I went to bed. I play a dragon, the only way for us to make the powder is aquire the purified radiant orbs from a biped. Said bipeds hadn't stocked enough orbs on the consigner to make the powder that night. And late enough that trying to find a crafter at that hour was just silly. Nor was I going to start transmuting travertine bricks that late, or go chasing off to Auberdine, or figure out where the heck to find a fire elemental. The quest was FINE when I went to bed. It was disabled when I logged in the next day.

In fact the disabled quest is still in my log, I did not delete it. It did strike me as odd the next day staring at that disabled quest for the umpteenth time why was there a check mark for "Clean the heart shaped artifact before activating it." and "Help Barrakhen creat a cleansing bath for the artifact." When the componants for the bath were undone and therefore the heart hadn't been cleaned. I do not recall if those items were checked or not when I logged out the night before with an ACTIVE quest. Those are all the clues I can give as to what happened.

I have continued the quest chain and have the activated heart in my inventory and now need to kill Shaloth.

Dracaena
    Last edited by Dracaena; September 14th, 2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling correction

its the same bug that is was at the beginning.
    It is not fixed yet it seems.
    My mates and me found the quest disabled after the first steps, took the next quest and got the heart.

BTW- Surtheim on IoF drops the fire elemental materia.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

When I did the quest it was well known that it wigged out at random and disabled itself. I set out to try and to the entire part 2 in one go. I crashed out very near the end of it and sure enough, returned to a disabled quest. Just for giggles I went back to Gaileach and she decided I had completed the step and started part 3. I still had the quest disabled in my journal, and also had it as a completed quest in the completed list.

I have heard from various people at various steps within part 2. Regardless of where it gets disabled, it seems to get flagged as complete and they can progress to part 3.

Sounds like a syntax or logic ordering error in the quest.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Sounds like a syntax or logic ordering error in the quest.
    No, it isn't. Like I have said several times now, the quest is setup properly. There is something else going on with it, likely related to the reason vault quests randomly disable as well. We're looking into it.

Thread Information