Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: truning off the death bell

Question truning off the death bell

i was windering how can i get back the death crys ? the bell sounds lol i dont like to much XD
    i looked threw the sound files and in the peep files cant find the bell sound to trun it off XP
    i do that he sound emote pack thing and all the sound files i deleted the . kill_bad thing but i still get the bell XD
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: truning off the death bell

The bell sounds are located in \resources\sound\music. Not sure which file it is using but it will be one of the 3 that start with "battlephrase" or "kill". If you want to make changes to them, save a file by the same name in the \resources_override folder and it will play that file instead of the default one. If you change the one in the \resources\sound\music folder and save it there it will be overwritten next time your client patches.

Modify .def files for a permanent change:

=> http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18723
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Does anyone actually like having the "Yay! Some mob got killed!" and "Someone friendly just died!" sounds on?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I dont care much for the mob got killed sound. But I rather like the friendly just died, reminds me to start looking to see who needs a rez . Tho I do wish it'd be removed from undead npc dragons and a few others, really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Modify .def files for a permanent change:

=> http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18723

i looked threw them all and it does not have kill_bad in the files in both the games ones and the over right ones

" heh i juset find the death bell more like a slap in the face in heh u died let me play a little song for u XD "juset my view on it XD "

the geath crys are more real esh like ...

and i looked in the Sound _music.def and didnt kind it as well and its called kill_bad
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Personally I like the "some mob just got killed" sound.

lol "DING Mobe down " XD

The death bell only tolls for those who use our Sound Emotes Pack. This sound have not been part of the official .def files for long now. Thus, you have to go to the resources_override files and modify files to get rid of it, but it will take a while.

[Technical stuff]

First, let's me explain why some mobs have this sound. Some undead mobs (undead Dragons, Dryad Zombies, maybe some others) use the .def files from players' characters .def files: then, devs didn't have to create there own files. For example, for undeadwar_u_track_death.def:

Code:
    TAnimTrackData fiend_m_death_n
    {
        	TAnimTrackKeyframe list keyframeList = 
        	{
            	//float when = 0.0
            	//string soundName = ""
            	//string tagName = ""
            	//string attachName = ""
            	//float soundVolume = 100.0

{
                	    float when = 0.0
                	    string soundName = "fiend_m_death_n"
    		}    
    	        {
    	            float when = 0.0
                	    string soundName = "body_fall_m"	
            	}   
    	}
    }
    Yes, it uses male Fiends sounds. I think this causes the death bell sound to Dryad Zombies, even I'm not 100% sure.
    It is a smart way to reduce the amount of work on files, but it's not very clean way because entities are pretty dependent of others.
    However, I used the trackRace system as well for some emotes to go faster as well.
    But as it is a working system and considering the amount of work to have an almost invisible change for players, I don't think it will be ever reworked.

[/Technical stuff]

So, what you have to do for a remove the death bell sound permanently is to go to ..\resources_override\resources\definitions\charac ters then enter in each race folder you want to have the sound removed.
    There, go to the track folder then open the [race]_[gender]_track_death.def and delete the following lines:

Code:
    	        {
    	            float when = 0.0
                	    string soundName = "kill_bad"	
            	}
    If you want to have this sound removed from monsters, then you have to remove it from characters.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

i looked and None have kill bad but i did find it in sound / peeps . and i got rid it of but i still get the bell looked all over the over right folder and i dont see Kill_bad o in any of the file but i still get the bell ?
    Last edited by Hellenia; September 22nd, 2009 at 04:04 PM.

i looked every were in the over right folder and i didnt see any thing with kil_bad but i still the the bell XP . i even look in the main folder and dint see it as well "is lost "

Just an example: human_m_track_death.def located in ..\resources_override\resources\definitions\charac ters\human_m\track

Code:
    //// Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.1.1

TAnimTrackData human_m_death_n
    {
    	{
    	        //float when = 0.0
    	        //string soundName = ""
    	        //string tagName = ""
    	        //string attachName = ""
    	        {
    	            float when = 0.0
                	    string soundName = "kill_bad"	
            	}	        
    	        {
    	            float when = 0.0
    	            string soundName = "human_m_death_n"	
    		}
    		{
    	            float when = 0.0
                	    string soundName = "body_fall_m"	
            	}
    	}
    }
    Unless you changed something in the pack installation, it should be there.
    Just to be sure: have you checked that the sound you want to remove is really kill_bad.mp3 located in ..\resources\sound\music (play it with any mp3 player)?

i look all trew the foler i even did a search thing for kill_bad in the over right folder and it didnt find any thing . and the u_ track_death.def i all the peeps look like this //// Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.1.1

TAnimTrackData dragon_u_death_n
    {
    {

//float when = 0.0
    //string soundName = ""
    //string tagName = ""
    //string attachName = ""
    float when = 0.046
    string soundName = "dragon_u_death_n"
    }
    {
    float when = 0.0
    string soundName = "body_fall_drag"
    }
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Does anyone actually like having the "Yay! Some mob got killed!" and "Someone friendly just died!" sounds on?
    Yes, as the player of an ancient dragon I do like knowing in an ae situation when to mash my looting macro. Depending on location (such as satry islands or trying to get those accursed purple necrofly wings that quests like to have you chase), I may be bailing out before everything that decided they wanted to take a swing at me is dead. Corpses can poof so fast it is likely to be gone if I lift off and try to come back for looting.

I don't run any add ons and the normal game sounds are fine. Please don't take them out. I don't consider one bell tone too much. Not sure if others are hearing church bell tolling or what that they don't like. (computor illiterate and I don't mess with files to even know how to do the mp3 file thing to hear what people are talking about)

Dracaena

That's precisely why I was asking if it really was the kill_bad sound Hellenia wants to remove.

As far as I know, 2 sounds are involved with death.
    - the one in my emote pack: kill_bad.mp3, for players' death (and occasionaly a few mobs that share the files)
    - another one which was added to the official files a few patches ago: battlephrase_monsterdeath_00.mp3 (even it sounds more as a piano than a bell)

The workaround I gave is only for the kill_bad file. For the other one, I have no idea... except removing the guilty mp3.

I think you can drop a replacement mp3 in resources_override with the same name (you might need the same path too). Try a zero-length file first.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

i'm juset whant the death bell to stop XD the ... kill_good i'm ok with

kill_bad .. a player dies

kill _good a mob dies

hmm ok i tooke out bothe mp3 sounds kill_good and kill_bad from the game but i still get the sounds XP now i am relly lost .. "i took them from the fiolder and put on desktop "

i looked up and down hr game and did a search on kill_bad ... nothing ...

i am truly lost on how to find and or get rid of thee sound . : (

Just to be sure: have you checked that the sound you want to remove is really kill_bad.mp3 located in ..\resources\sound\music (play it with any mp3 player)?
    That's precisely why I was asking if it really was the kill_bad sound Hellenia wants to remove.

As far as I know, 2 sounds are involved with death.
    - the one in my emote pack: kill_bad.mp3, for players' death (and occasionaly a few mobs that share the files)
    - another one which was added to the official files a few patches ago: battlephrase_monsterdeath_00.mp3 (even it sounds more as a piano than a bell)

The workaround I gave is only for the kill_bad file. For the other one, I have no idea... except removing the guilty mp3.
    Have you just listened to the file to know if it's the right sound you want to remove?
    And as far as I know, killl_good is not used.

ok i am lost i did not find in any of the char folders . Kill_bad ..

soo i when to the mp3 file and renamed it None . .. and the window poped up sosos may not work soo i did ok ... heh but it STILL plays Auuug .. *falls over *

Thread Information