Thread: Still Dissappointed

Default Still Dissappointed

I am still dissappointed about the loot in Horizons, combat is not very interesting without interesting loot IMHO.

So I venture onward to other games.
    Revisited EVE Online briefly, the market economy is kinda sad in EVE, but I do love the spaceships. The PVE gameplay is pretty dull but at least they have plenty of loot, even if its not always interesting.

So even though my account here is paid up through January I've been AWOL a lot, my appoligies to my guild members and the other people in Order community who might have missed me.

I closed my EO accounts and moved on to a new release from NCSoft called Aion. Graphicly very nice and the combat system is a little more skill intensive than what you have here at Horizons. Never had a great love for PvP games though, but in Aion i think its pretty much unavoidable, so I might not like it in the long run. One thing is clear from the begining, your coin spends very quickly, and the demand for coin is huge.

For some reason or another my guildleader status was transfered to another player. I have been informed that this might be due to an automated game feature, but the folks at Virtruim don't seem to know anything about it. If it is automated I don't know what I'm going to do. I may have to boot all my members in order to maintain control over the guildname here if my account becomes inactive. For the time being it is PAID, and I may pay again in order to preserve my plot here.

I do have some goals here for my friend Unger Smith, progress has been slow but at least there has been progress made. But its hard to focus on more than one game at a time.

So I'm curious what the rest of the folks here in the Horizons community think about this game feature. Automatic transfer of guildleader role when leader has been AWOL for at least 2 weeks, whether or not the account is paid or expired. At least this is how i think it works.
    Guild Metal Sun on Order Shard.
    Featureing Unger Smith the Human, focused on Construction trades,
    and Token_Dawn Star the adult dragon of 70 seasons.

Default Re: Still Dissappointed

Hello Token,

I'm sorry that you are disappointed in the loot drops in Istaria currently. I know this is something which the design team does continue to work on as they revamp each tier, but an overall loot revamp is still a ways out. Adding a wider variety of loot and more interesting loot is certainly something which can be done, but right now they're focused on the tier revamps to improve the play experience overall.

As for your question about the guild leadership, I have checked again with the programmers, and they have confirmed what you said, that promoting one guild leader and demoting the current guild leader is not something which is in the code. I've also looked at your guild and it appears to us that your character is still a guild leader in Metal Sun guild. If you do not see your character as being the rank of "Guild Leader" (Rank 1), then you have found a display bug in the game's client and I would ask that you please submit a support ticket so the team can work to fix that. If your character does not have the permissions that a "guild leader" would, they will need to know that as well.

Keep watch here on the forums over the next few months and hopefully you'll see something new added as loot that peaks your interest enough to return.

Well as a matter of fact I am still listed as an officer, but I do not have the guildleader role. I can not assign as Guild Master or Resign as Guild Master, those options are ghosted out. Currently the info page shows Ryzaak as guild master. Also I do not have all the guild master permissions because I had the officer rank limited to officer commands. I tried to create a Guild Leader rank and give that to my alt Token, but for some reason or other even with the permissions set, the system views that created rank as lower than Initiate. I know this because Token was unable to give promotions within the guild, I kept getting an error message that he could not promote above his own rank.

I have never experienced otherwise, then that after a few weeks of not logging in (not sure if it's 2 or 3 weeks, though I think it's 3) the guildleadership does automatically go to another person in the guild. So I don't understand the observation on dev-side that this isn't in the code.

I've seen this change, in our own small guild, perhaps 3 or 4 times allready within the last few years. Without any of the players changing anything as to who is guildleader... just stay away a few weeks as guildleader, and then another becomes it... (just heard another example of this in another guild yesterday btw, changed by itself within the last few weeks) *scratches head now*

The devs should take my advice, my experience with these games is considerable. The Loot has everything to do with the gameplay experience in an MMORPG.

The crafting system is already appealing as it is and doesn't really need to be fixed.
    Last edited by Token; September 26th, 2009 at 01:55 PM.

I respectfully disagree Token. And I'm sure a number of us can claim "experience with these games considerable". Loot does not have everyting to do with the gameplay experience for everyone.

And I think there are several things that could be definitely fixed about hte crafting system. For me its ultimately boredom (I alt tab when I craft almost 100% of the time outside of clicking nodes) grind to seperately have to build thousands and thousands of pieces for a single room *shrugs*. I've played other games who's crafting system is equally indept that doesn't require the grind this one does - (including housing).

And my experience with these games is considerable..so let's listen to me instead *chuckles and winks*.

Btw, HI! Nice to see you pokin around!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I can say I've observed this as well. If the GM of the guild does not log in within a certain period of time, GM-hood gets transferred to another member in guild.

I believe this was instituted after the server merge, when GMs would vanish and then the remaining guild members were unable to perform GM functions. It could be that 2 weeks is too short a time and could be extended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

this was happening before vi - just before the evil gods cast the sunset spell on blight, when the hardcore blighties were gone or leaving in droves, many guilds folded due to change in leadership.....
    if a guildmaster does not log in for a period of time (but longer than 2 weeks, i know...), the leadership is transfered to the next member who logs in.....vel was leader of the kraken guard for a bit just before the end......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

What Frith-Rae said.

Although...hey, maybe you're halfway right Token. Because if Istaria's crafting system was anywhere near the best in the industry, there would be no equipment loot. *puts out buckets to collect the tears of dismayed readers*
    Last edited by Vaz; September 26th, 2009 at 08:25 PM.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Well as a matter of fact I am still listed as an officer, but I do not have the guildleader role. I can not assign as Guild Master or Resign as Guild Master, those options are ghosted out. Currently the info page shows Ryzaak as guild master. Also I do not have all the guild master permissions because I had the officer rank limited to officer commands. I tried to create a Guild Leader rank and give that to my alt Token, but for some reason or other even with the permissions set, the system views that created rank as lower than Initiate. I know this because Token was unable to give promotions within the guild, I kept getting an error message that he could not promote above his own rank.
    If you cannot resign as guildmaster (likely you cannot quit the guild either) it is because you are the guild steward. the Guild Steward is a single toon appointment that in a sense outranks guildmaster, in that you cannot be ejected form the guild. I believe only the current steward can assign another steward as well (unless account lapses).

I believe its after 30 days of not logging in, without another GM who does login, then a new GM gets appointed to the next character to login who is a guildmember. This was added at some point after the merger.

If you want to quit the guild you will first have to assign steward to someone else. You should still be able to set GM rank on yourself or others.

I'll test it out here in a minute and post an update.

Update:
    GM's cannot change the rank of the steward
    GM's cannot assign a steward. Only the steward can assign steward.
    The steward cannot change his own rank. I tried this as GM, and tried setting myself one step down. It said the rank of the steward cannot be changed. This is how its supposed to work.

I believe you are still both the GM and the guild steward. When a new rank is created it always defaults to the lowest permission. You can to go into the Guild window - Structure Tab to change the new ranks' permission level.
    Last edited by Guaran; September 26th, 2009 at 09:40 PM.

It's been my experience that if the owner of the guild (the name listed as the owner in the guild window) does not log in for 3 weeks, the ownership of the guild is transferred to a new member. The new owner must have logged in within 3 weeks and preference is given to either rank or number of days in the guild (I'm not sure which).

When the ownership change occurs, the old owner's rank is not changed and the new owner's rank is promoted.

Among other things, this means that if you continue to log in and the current guild owner does not log in for 21 days, then you'll become the owner again.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I have several characters ranked as Guildmaster and another player also has one character ranked as GM. Somewhere along the line, the game changed who it recognized as the "true" guildmaster. In the guild info it is now listed as that other player's character rather than any of mine.

I was not gone for weeks at a time. In the last few months I have logged in at least once every two or three days. It was in fact the other player who hadn't logged in for nearly a month.

My characters still have the proper title and all the powers, as they are still GM rank. It is just the game that shifted who it considers the "top dog" so to speak, when displaying the guild info.

For us, it is no big problem, but it could be for a guild with many members.

Drev

You know loot was not always this bad. When the game first came out it was omost respectable.

First off this is a video game so the freaking loot tables dont have to be like real life. Yes you can have coin drop from every mobs its ok.

Becouse when it did you have customers that played people could pay and the markets and payed construction work ran ramped.

And thus fun was had.

Out side of that the loot tables need to be fixed with a revamp of or added capablitys to the crafting system.

The fun loot is blight drops and the special gear that drops from them too.

What needs to happen at the same time or not is that Gear and spells of all kinds drop form all the other mobs too. Ranging from referbist of all teirs to normal of all teirs. Plain no techs on them.

The added crafting capablitys will be to make and sell techs that players can buy and add to this gear as they see fit. Like the dye kits. That would easy the pain of the first timer's and then more of them mite stay and tell there friends to come play.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Perhaps I will just retire to Istaria permanently. The whole forced grouping thing fails with me. Aion has it, you gotta have one tank and one healer in every group for balance, and sometimes its hard to find those people ready to do ur quests.

Of course you could just forgo all the questing and do a pure grind on mobs of the appropriate level, the quest rewards aren't really that great with the exception of the XP.

Grouping means waiting for someone else, putting up with personality conflicts of all sorts.

Since i've spent most of my Unger time building stuff in Istaria, i pretty much do that on my own. But I do like to chat! :-)

The customer service wouldn't help me with my guildmaster dilema here. Since I'm still a rank 1 officer in my guild, i guess this is viewed as the same thing as a guildmaster or maybe i should say the stewardship is preserved. I don't really see why the issue must be so complicated, to me it seems pretty simple.

I guess the only solution is to speak with Ryzaak/Reagle and have her transfer the title and rights back to Unger; but I just haven't been able to speak with her about it.
    Last edited by Token; October 11th, 2009 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Update:
    GM's cannot change the rank of the steward
    GM's cannot assign a steward. Only the steward can assign steward.
    The steward cannot change his own rank. I tried this as GM, and tried setting myself one step down. It said the rank of the steward cannot be changed. This is how its supposed to work.

I believe you are still both the GM and the guild steward. When a new rank is created it always defaults to the lowest permission. You can to go into the Guild window - Structure Tab to change the new ranks' permission level.
    What you say amounts to pure gibberish as far as i'm concerned.
    I am steward and GM, but can not go into the structure pane and create ranks or edit permissions. The steward rank was titled as officer by default, and I gave that rank all officer permissions and below. The GM permissions were granted to a GM rank which i created, which by default is a lower rank than Initiate or member in the guild. Furthermore I do not have the means to transfer stewardship as far as I know, unless it is done with a text command of some sort.

Once again I say that the issue seems a bit more complicated than it really needs to be.

Virtrium offers no explaination for how the transfer took place, unless it was due to a bug or exploit, or else denys that anything at all has happened. Somehow the members of my guild promoted Ryzaak into the guildmaster position in my absence. Unfortunately an indication that even the devs don't know how the game really works.

Thread Information