Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Istaria cancelled my account?

Default Istaria cancelled my account?

I got notification at the beginning of this month that my payment did not go through Paypal. I changed payment methods to my checking account. Istaria tried again and I saw that it failed again. I went in to check to make sure my changes took effect. They did. My checking account has enough to cover my payment. Today I get an email that my account has been cancelled. I tried the link at the bottom of the email and it came back that it is not supported and to file a ticket. I tried that and don't have permission to file a ticket. What is going on here? I know that I have been absent for a while but have been paying the Grandfather monthly payment for quite some time and now they cancel my account? Maybe someone is telling me to move on. How do I let support know that I am having issues if I can't even get hold of them? HELP!!!!!

Default Re: Istaria cancelled my account?

ok first calm down

i think they might phase out the grandfather sub eventually but i have not herd of this as of yet .

Second
    use there support link and hit billing as the topic (i have been on there sight it works )

then calmly enplane whats going on and i am prity sure there be ok we got one of the best dev team in the universe of mmos (devs that actually give a dame about the community ) take it one step at a time and give them 24 hours to respond to the ticket . in case they need a nuge after that time update this post .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thanks Lightning. Can you post the link for me to use? I have gone to http://support.istaria.com and that is where I get the error message that I don't have permission to access it. I can't check old tickets either.

cgacfox, the old support system was replaced. You can access the new one at:

https://support.istaria.com/

Notice the https which means it is a secure site. You may need to register first.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Another thing to keep in mind, you can file a support ticket WITHOUT logging in. You will be filing it as a guest.

https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...de=open&step=2

Fill out the form, hit submit ticket. It will bring up another window of FAQs. At the bottom, you MUST hit submit ticket again for the ticket to go into the system.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Well I tried to do this as a guest and it said that my email address was used by a member and to login or use another email. I don't have not want another email address. Now what do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by cgacfox View Post
    Well I tried to do this as a guest and it said that my email address was used by a member and to login or use another email. I don't have not want another email address. Now what do I do?
    Its likely in use by you.

https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...er&code=forgot

To reset your password if you forgot it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cgacfox View Post
    Probably the member (already) using your email adress is you yourself. So if you remember your password you can log in with that (same password as for logging into the game to play)

Another possibility you could try is to just send an email to Istaria Customer Support. The email adress is (afaik) [email protected].

Hope either of these suggestions works for you! Good luck!

I'm having the same problem. I canceled two of my subscriptions a few weeks ago (had three running), now the third has been canceled, and I didn't even touch it.

It doesn't even list that it's canceled.

I also can't open a ticket. I'm logged in and it shows:

'Sorry, you do not have permission to access the ticket center.

Please go back and try again. If the problem persists, please contact an administrator.'

I need to open one as a guest or something, then?

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I've heard of this error more than once, where expired or cancelled accounts somehow mess up on the support site, Amon. The support site refuses to allow an e-mail address to a cancelled or expired account to submit tickets.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Another victim of this issue chiming in.

Its happened twice now that my sub gets cancelled, even though I'm pretty damned sure I chose the renewing subscription both times.

The first error might be because for some reason PayPal suddenly didn't have the funds to pay for my sub (I never used to manually transfer money from the bank to PP to pay for things and i never had problems until now) and now perhaps its due to a change in visa numbers... still though, I don't quite get whats going on, and I hope in the end I won't be sending the game owners more money than owed due to these errors.

There's a couple of things happening here.

First, there is an issue with Paypal and account renewals. I've spoken to our billing expert and he says it's something that he has been working on for a few days now, and continues to, but it isn't resolved yet (obviously). I apologize to those who had hoped to play this weekend and can't because their accounts did not renew correctly. We'll get this resolved as soon as we can with Paypal people.

Second, the issue with logging in to the support site with a log in for an expired account is another known issue. We were assured at one point that it had been resolved, but obviously it hasn't. I'll go back to the people who program the "behind the scenes" of the site and let them know this is happening again (still?). If you do have a secondary email address to use, then you can use that to submit a support ticket as a "Guest", but rest assured that we have heard about the Paypal issue and are working on it, so you may want to hold off for further information.

Thank you for your patience while we try to get these problems worked out on a weekend (where everything seems to be 10 times harder to resolve.)

Well I am glad...or not glad...that I am not the only one having this problem. I will wait until I hear more and hopefully can get my sub going again soon.

I really do not like doing business with pay pal. They just make too many errors which sadly, affects our time of being able to play ingame. Good luck, I sure hope you can get this resolved soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    There's a couple of things happening here.

First, there is an issue with Paypal and account renewals. I've spoken to our billing expert and he says it's something that he has been working on for a few days now, and continues to, but it isn't resolved yet (obviously).

For whatever it's worth, I had this very problem over a year ago- I hope, and I mean it sincerely, that it has not taken till 'now' to get looked at. XD

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

So does this mean we're just out of luck for another week or so? Or however long?

I don't fancy the idea of activating another subscription if this one's going to automatically be continued when it's fixed.

Should I be sending in a ticket as a guest, perhaps, to have someone forcefully continue the 'stopped' sub?

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Well we are into November and I haven't heard a word yet on what is going on. I really would like to come back and play but I have no idea what to do next.

Have you submitted a support ticket?

i take it that means the issues he had before with submitting one have been resolved? nice work! so resubmitting a ticket should work now...?

your not only one got account closed.

i got mine closed last week, due to change of address and new bank visa card since my bank merged.

virtrium's billing still "decline" my updated, and i am just days away of losing my dragon's lair.

so it mean, my account now locked away and unaccessable.

then my dragon, Dyraleon Drago near 60 lvl, already enjoyed his Rite of Passage quest last year and fly the sky, and now cant log, but i decided to leave Istaria for good

my dragon now rest in peace, last on active days, Nov 6th, went to soar to beyond.
    i see no point of renewing the account that make me frustrated with billings format they used

i felt it is better off if they sold to major game firm with superior billing site and better log on launch page, and more accessible customer services to speak within reasonable short time and less frustrations.

Moderator's Note: Discussing private messages between the moderators is not allowed on the forums; Account information also can not be discussed on the forums, either in public or via private message. While I know this does sometimes lead to frustration for those who do not choose to submit a support ticket, we have no way of verifying that someone on the forums is indeed the owner of the account. This policy is for your own protection primarily, but it is also so that we have a permanent record of your help request. So while I'm sorry that you, and others, find this policy "frustrating", Wylonus, you must submit a support ticket to have our billing and accounts people look into the matter.
    Last edited by Velea; November 18th, 2009 at 10:49 AM.

Thread Information