Thread: Fall Festival, anybody seen a Fall Festival???

Exclamation Fall Festival, anybody seen a Fall Festival???

I seem to be missing something... I've looked everywhere.... I put up the jack-o-lanterns and the skellies - even the scarecrows - and no damned Fall Festival anywhere.

I was hoping for a banner design competitions or one for splash screens or - yes, please! - a naka/draggy mask competition but noooooooo. Maybe even trick or treating or - something!

Well, when the going gets tough, the tough put on their *own* Fall Festival. Chronicles of the Twisted Guild (CotTG) will be holding an all Guild, all Shard, all Istarian Halloween Party on Blight. We are famous for our on-line parties and *you* are invited!

There will be all sorts of food, fireworks (they're great!), snowball fights (good fun!) and dragon races. CotTG members will all be in costume (except for draggys ): wear yours if you have one and don't forget the hard candy recharge.

We could use the hands of a couple of stout dwarves or half-giants to roll a couple of booze barrels from Aughendel to the party site or it's BYO - or a massed attack on The Bitter Pickle might work!

The time/date/site is yet to be announced - we are trying to find a time that best suits West Coast/East Coast U.S. and European players (and us Aussies, too!) so stay tuned: hope you can make it!

Happy Fall Festival!

Nia and the Chronicles of the Twisted Guild / Blight Shard

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Fall Festival, anybody seen a Fall Festival???

the queen very much approves of this and will be in attendance!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

where is it! *cries* and the mask contests!!

Give us that nice little Fall- Festival. No need for something new.
    Its always a highlight in the Istarian year.
    A time and place to get together, to relax and have some fun.
    Please
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I need my candies!!!!!!
    I just lost the game.

Default Fall Festival?

I was Just wondering if we are doing anything this year? This is something i actually look forward to since My birthday is the 29th and it's like a big prezzie time for me I was just wondering if anything was going to happen this year or not since i can't find any info..

Thanks
    CC

Default Re: Fall Festival?

are the festival grounds still intact on the new dalimond-chiconis peninsula layout? i'm guessing whatever happens will be tied into that rollout.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ran thru there on blight and the fairgrounds look intact, altho i admit i didn't stop to check for spooky spiders.....but the tents and such are still there.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Default Re: Fall Festival?

Hmmm My post was moved to this one... Not sure why since I asked if we were going to have a fall festival and Nia is announcing a Party they are doing for Halloween.. But Still no answer to my question. and Yes the Festival Grounds are still there i checked just in case if it's been added but not announced yet

Hmm, I hope they put the stuff back up on the trees in Mahagra this year, when we approach x-mas...

Ask and (sometimes at least) it shall be given unto you. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=21703

Exclamation Re: Fall Festival, anybody seen a Fall Festival???

Uh, I think Amarie's short answer to the "Anybody seen a Fall Festival?" question is... "No."

Therefore, please see the Chronicles of the Twisted Guild invite to our Blight Shard Fall Festival and Halloween Party on Saturday, 31 October at a time to suit most players in a separate posting.

*All* are welcome - copy a toon down to Blight or make a new char!!!

See you Saturday (or Sunday for those in Australasia)!!!

Nia / Chronicles of the Twisted / Blight Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Ask and (sometimes at least) it shall be given unto you. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=21703
    Will the Fall Festival formulas at least make a comeback? I keep missing the festival and never manage to get them.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Please, folks, take the time to actually READ the Developer's Desk that Amarie worked so hard on putting together. Had you done so, you would have not only seen that we intend to do a festival this year (though obviously not right in time for October 31st, as there is still a delta that needs to be tested on Blight), but that she (and therefore we) have asked for your memories of what made past festivals fun.

Question Re: Fall Festival, anybody seen a Fall Festival???

Velea, you are right. I *did* read Amarie's email/post and it says there will be a single, combined Festival later in the year - but - NO Fall Festival!

Why is it a problem for the players to put on their own? This will be the third such event that CotT Guild has put on and, to my knowledge, Istaria did not come crashing down.

Nia : Chronicles of the Twisted Guild : Blight Shard
    Last edited by Velea; October 26th, 2009 at 10:51 AM.

Yeah, and I made my post specifically in response to the question over what made past festivals fun.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

My apologies, as I did not understand that you were looking specifically for a festival which starts later this week. While you are correct and what Amarie said is that there is not going to be a specific "Fall Festival", I thought what you were asking for in your original post was is the CONTENT that makes such a festival going to be brought back and added to. And the answer to that not only is that yes, the content will be there, but the content that is traditionally part of a winter festival may also come back. That is why I asked Amarie to start a thread specifically asking for feedback on what it was that players would hope to see brought back as content.

I did not mean to say that it was a problem that players put on their own. Not at all. Quite the opposite is what I had intended to say, in fact. I had intended to make sure you saw that the content for the fall festival was coming in order to support what you were doing. I apologize that this was not clearer in my earlier post.

Also, I miss hunting for those elusive veteran dark garnet crystals. Hours of hunting risen creators for a specific crystal that dropped less than 1% of the time, good times. Not that I could only do that during Fall Festival, but I ended up doing it around that time in 2007 anyway.

I also miss the quantity of owned plots near my lair in Four Corners. Maybe if there were more resources around there and a tunnel through the mountain in Kirasanct to head there directly, people would be inclined to move there. I'm getting desperate for neighbors too. Just the other day, I was begging newbies to move next to my lair with the promise of some construction work from my biped and access to my lair's machines.
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information