Thread: Mobs attack flying Dragons

Post Mobs attack flying Dragons

*puts on flame-retardant teched kit*

This was just an idea I had, I've searched the forums but can't find anything specific for this please post if there is something similar already...

Current mob AI causes them to ignore flying Draggies. Why not let spell-types and archer types agro Draggies when flying? They are "in range" and able to be attacked. Ditto with melee mobs, if they are in range why not have them try and follow so if they land, the mobs can attack? This would obviously mean that flight would not be an escape option for Draggies, which would be a big issue for play-style I'm sure.

This isn't a balance-suggestion, nor a ped vs Draggie issue, just a "makes sense to me" suggestion

Anyway just putting it out there :P

*ducks into fire-proof bunker*
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Default Re: Mobs attack flying Dragons

You haven't flown low, scouting deadlands, have you?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

lol to be honest, no

By "low" do you mean within touch distance? or can mobs fill you full of arrows when flying within range?

They've hit me with spells.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    They've hit me with spells.
    In that case, well done VI, functionality already exists.

Nothing to see here people, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    You haven't flown low, scouting deadlands, have you?
    QFT.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Don't call me an expert!

It will mean I'll have responsibility!

*rubs the spot on his scales/soul where the multicasted, fusion burning flame bomb hit him as he went over a mage on Elnath* They can definitely hit you when you're in the air.

They will not just hit you, but dot you up enough you are dead in the clouds and have to wait for your body to smack the ground. Satyr islands are so much fun! *wants to take StalePopcorn's dragon comp hunting*

Dracaena

If you are unfortunate enough, one of them might get the chance to cast binding crystals and literally knock you right out of the sky. You'll fall right to the floor, but don't worry you won't stay that way. Chances are, you will be trapped in the very middle of a mob army who will procceed to pummel you till nothing is left but a bloody smear.

Aren't you glad it is ingame? *grins* Admitally it is kinda fun the first couple of times.... but by dp 11 errr.... it is less likable. Heh.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    They will not just hit you, but dot you up enough you are dead in the clouds and have to wait for your body to smack the ground. Satyr islands are so much fun! *wants to take StalePopcorn's dragon comp hunting*

Dracaena
    *StalePopcorn's hatchie hides in the bushes*

Loool that is so ingame I tell you, countless times have mobs sniped me out of the sky with root spells only to make out of me a dragon stew a few seconds later D:

And don't get me started on multiclassed flame bomb = Dragon roast in the sky, srsly.

As soon are you in the range of mobs, and you are the right level, they will so try to shoot you in the air.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ahhhh I think I know why I got so confused. Isn't their mob-flee code in-game that stops mobs getting sniped by you when you are on a rope bridge? Maybe that is what I was thinking of...

Yep they do that still, running away when you stand on a world object and cast something on them, they run away, which is good. But when you are in the air as dragon, you can't defend yourself and so they happy run after you with their magic and pointy arrows

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Hehe reminds me of my first meeting with Valkor, was just after I acended... was flying around exploring flew over the wall of some interesting looking ruins near Kirasanct and BOOM dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Hehe reminds me of my first meeting with Valkor, was just after I acended... was flying around exploring flew over the wall of some interesting looking ruins near Kirasanct and BOOM dead.
    I had a similar experience the only time I've tired to look round the Crimson Scourge area. All I know is I saw the Critter, then SPLAT!! Dead dragon. Didn't even get a chance to get the license on the truck.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information