Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 174

Default Blight Update 174

The following additions, changes and fixes were applied to the Blight shard on October 14, 2009.

AS USUAL, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO POST BUGS _ONLY_.

Tier 2 Revamp
    Significant progress has been made with regards to the Dalimond Peninsula, including changes to the world, additions of new adventure areas, quest hubs, revamps of existing towns, new NPCs, new forms of old monsters, and many many new quests. For those who wish to experience this content it is recommended you begin at Sable Shores.
    Because this is a work in progress, there are many known issues and unfinished spots. These include, but are not limited to:

• Not all of the Forest Skulk spawns are in place.
    • Lands east and southeast of Dalimond are not yet complete.
    • Lands east of Chiconis, including the Battlefield, are not yet complete.
    • Lands north and west of South March along the coast have been heavily altered and have not yet been redone or populated.
    • Obesrvatory region is not yet complete.
    • Many of the larger storylines are not yet fully implemented, but the following locations do have quests available for testing:
      • Sable Shores
      • Bristugo
      • Dalimond
      • Holcomb Farmstead
      • King's Cross
      • Central Valley
      • Heart

Additions

• Primal Attack spell to treasure tables
    • Quest "Imperial Army: Stop the Kwellen Raids" to Burris the Scout
    • The skulks had another gathering. After a great discussion, they now be seen using new methods for old combat and magic tricks.
    • A group of treants eavesdropped on the skulk gathering and got some ideas of their own.
    • Master Leather Backpack and Master Scalepack formulas to loot tables.
    • Destination Pads throughout the Dalimond Peninsula now require attunement including Sable Shores, King's Cross, Heart, Central Valley, South March, Slate Crest, Spire's Gate, Spire's Trail, Izzon's Crest, Bristugo, Dalimond and Chiconis. To become attuned, speak with a quest NPC located in the community.

Changes

• Evasive Style no longer conflicts with evasion boosts, but also now changes your combat stance.
    • Ceremonial Tower Shield and Ceremonial Chest Scale now have a 25% of their effects firing instead of 100%
    • Bounty quests now conflict with one another (you can only have one at a time).
    • Margaret the Vaultkeeper in Dalimond is now known as Maggie Tinnagin
    • Quest "Imperial Army: Investigate the Source of the Raids" no longer requires you to kill Daknor to get the Singed Scrap of Hide.
    • Tomas the Elemental Archer Trainer is now known as Tomas Alerras
    • The Avatar of Pain will now have proper stats for its level
    • Intuition is now classified as a trade skill, even though it is still obtained through adventuring schools
    • Dralnok's Doom: "Instructions for Empowering the Artifact" formula now uses Intuition instead of Ingenuity
    • Crafting Trainers on New Trismus no longer talk about Imperial Lore Tokens.
    • Tweaked the Emerald Golem treasure tables
    • Cleric Trainers no longer give out Adventure Tasks (old-style).
    • Mage Trainers no longer give out Adventure Tasks (old-style).
    • Cleaned up the Sand Pygmy treasure tables.
    • Adjusted the spawn rates on Skalkaar and Spirit Isle and New Trismus. The same number will still spawn, but fewer should instantly respawn and the spawn should be more gradual.
    • Delgarath Guards no longer assist in combat.
    • Scout Trainers no longer give out Adventure Tasks (old-style).
    • Warrior Trainers no longer give out Adventure Tasks (old-style).

Fixes

• Purple Kenaf Backpack Pouch now has a bulk capacity of 800
    • "Frozen Weapon" tech kit can now be applied to Hand Wraps
    • Updated quest "Gangaf Quest: Acquire a Stack of Cobalt Rods" to refer to Vasileos instead of Pylios in Kirasanct and updated the dialog to reflect the change from Consigner to Pawnbroker
    • Ciowiel the Outfitter has had a gender change
    • Regular chickens are no longer aggressive
    • Quests "Ranger: Mani's Bounty" and "Calimir: Mani's Bounty" were improperly giving out Mani's Fang as extra loot instead of Mani's Head.
    • Quest "Millie's Fish Fry" to not require a player to gather the swordfish to complete the quest.
    • Quest "Calimir: Hunting the Direst Wolves" can no longer be obtained by Dragons
    • Support and load window no longer reference Horizons
    • The Head of Mani the Wolf is now attuned
    • Updated resistances of Bioscholars to include all damage types
    • Removed the tier keyword from quest "Iron Guard: Tochak's Bounty"
    • Removed the tier keyword from quest "Iron Guard: Kalevala's Bounty"
    • Enchanted Keys will no longer open normal chests. Chests which can be opened with Enchanted keys will be special, enchanted chests.
    • Blight Anchors will again spawn around Delgarath
    • Lanale the Vaultkeeper in Kion now gives out the Confectioner quest "Food for the Road"
    • Updated Confectioner quest "Food for the Road" to use Lanale instead of Fellea
    • Updated coordinates in quest "Biggletorque: The Archmage Darkstaff"
    • Weapon Tech Kit "Calimir's Hide Grip" for Non-Rangers can now be applied to bows, crossbows and (oddly enough) hand-wraps.
    • Calimir's Hide Grip for non-rangers will now work with melee attacks.
    • Relstaroth will now properly give out Beginner and Journeyman formulas to qualified Lairshapers
    • Lust for Blood will overwrite most flame DoTs? now
    • Brachina Beetles will now ignore player rating.
    • Fixed the description on the Treasure Plunderer emblem to have the proper quantity of chests
    • Treasure Chest within the Stormy March will no longer instantly respawn
    • Fixed the Dung Pile's death animation
    • Sand Pygmies on New Trismus will no longer automatically respawn.
    • Quest "Sslanis Militia: Basic Stores Report" no longer sends you to Quartermaster Weiss.
    • "Breath of Ice: Acquire a Splinder of Ice-Bone" and "Breath of Lighting: Acquire a Splinter of Energy-Bone" now properly use the skeletons in the Western Deadlands.
    • Adjusted all tier 1 trophy quests to give consistent rewards for each level range. Quests begin at level 5, have unlimited numbers of turn ins possible, diminished exp rewards after the 5th turn-in and should be available from either the Kion or Sslanis Trophy Hunters. (Only applies to quests through level 20.)
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 14th, 2009 at 09:03 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 174

1. Forest Skulk Hunters can't be looted

2. Quest - Navis Tan : Behind on my quota can be started by dragons (needs logs to complete and dragons cant gather logs).
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Can't test anymore, ive had 8 crashes now on Blight. I cleared my world cache before i logged into blight the 1st time. Each time i crash the game just dies with no error message or maura file. Happening in various locations on the map.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Angry Re: Blight Update 174

was running from sslanis to bris to attune on a lvl 30 toon.
    T2 area ran into lvl 81 skulk bloodmages at sable shore is this intended.
    attuned to kings cross heading for central valley half way there im kicked to desktop.
    tried to logon 8 times get in game and kicked straight off again.
    Unity

Have you deleted your world cache since crashing out of the game? Manually, that is, so it is really and truly deleted.

Yes i did that the 4th time it happened so i could recall the character, but then it crashed at the bind point straight after.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

i deleted world cashe ..it had no effect i still go kicked to desktop.
    i used recall from the old login site went to south march left town heading for slate crest just outside south march got same thing kicked to desktop.
    my toon is now stuck there again cannot stay in game just keeps getting kicked to desktop.
    Unity

I didn't have any problems last night for about an hour or so. I did a run from Feladan to Dalimond and hung around there for a bit. Not an extended session though, so might be different. Windows7-32bit.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

I have the same problem in the Ashlander's Couldron/Shadow Coast area. CTD'd and then couldn't get back in even after clearing the world cache. It loads until it starts receiving land blocks and BOOM!

Client doesn't like something there. Didn't appear to be anything changed in that area, though.

Drev

Does anyone have a more specific location for where this happens?

just port to south march and follow path towards slate crest its not more than 100 mtrs or so out of south march
    Unity

My crashes were in Sable Shore, Bristugo, Dalimond Ridge and where the forest groucks are.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I had the same problem as Thum, when i wanted to get attuned to Izzon crest and run north from south march.
    deleting the wc and recalling to bind spot helped me out.
    After that I have done the attuning quests, have been building on Apia and had no difficutlies

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    I have the same problem in the Ashlander's Couldron/Shadow Coast area. CTD'd and then couldn't get back in even after clearing the world cache. It loads until it starts receiving land blocks and BOOM!

Client doesn't like something there. Didn't appear to be anything changed in that area, though.
    Uh... lots changed outside of the Cauldron. There's a whole forest there where there wasn't before! And more on the road to Heart.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

FWIW, I have patched to blight to get the new client, then logged out and logged into chaos. I've been all over and haven't crashed. In fact I left myself logged in all night.

So it might be something to do with the new terrain, or the way that it downloads.. (my guess). Or that fact that I run vista 64bit maybe.

Update: Ok I logged into blight. Was searching Dalimond Ridge for the Archeologists, and CTD Before I logged in, I manually delete the blight world cache completely. I Can't seem to get back logged into blight all the way. Turned the loading screen back on and tried again. It got all the way to "Receiving Land (18)" before ctd. Was quickly toggling back and forth from "Loading Items into Backpack" and "Receiving Land (35)" for about 10 seconds, then went to "Receiving Land (18)" then ctd.

Tomb of Balennis: 2 buildings were missing. Only seen the directional arrow things. Was flying southwest from here to the top of the mountain when I ctd. Was near pretty much the tallest point on the mountain there.

Crankenspanks Tomb. Looks great! Much better than the old one. Now all it needs is that old dungeon music (and mobs).

Logged into play.istaria.com, selected the blight character, Clicked the "Recall" button. Was able to get logged back in.
    Last edited by Guaran; October 17th, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

After logging back in. Flew from bristugo down the coast, found a bonfire and another directional arrow (some sturcture not loading yet), to novo, west to the ruined observatory, back east to the half buried tomb building, then north from there. Had just arrived in "something" forest, when I CTD again. Didn't make it into the blighted lands there. Which seem to be at the center of the CTD issue.

after coming from both the north and the south, it seems the center of the crash problem is about 21840 20920 or so. Perhaps a piece of land refuses to download.
    Last edited by Guaran; October 17th, 2009 at 05:13 PM.

I flew Onyx out of Bris towards Dali ridge got to the top and had the bridge that spans the 2 areas in sight and crashed ,i deled the world cache but i am at this time still unable to log in as onyx havent tried any of my other toons will do so in the am

Anyone turned on their log files? Would be interesting to see if the missing assett (if that is the issue) was flagged in the logs.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Was flying straight south from Bristugo, close to where Colin was and crashed, same problem. Deleted cache, backed up prefs and deleted it, even reinstalled the client, to no avail.

I fear I've lost my toon for good. 'Twas my only...

Thread Information