Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 174

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Blight Update 174

dasc, if you reinstalled the game, then you may have lost it, but i believe characters are saved on the server, so i doubt it.....
    i have always been able to access my alts after installation on new puters......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Definitely not lost - all character data stored on the servers.

If you log in via the website I believe there is a "recall character" or something like that you can use. Then when you log in it should have recalled your character to your bind spot.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

A new terrain.def file should fix the crash around South March (a world cache wipe may also be necessary if you continue to reliably crash in certain areas).

For those who are familiar with mucking around with client assets and can't wait for the official fix to be patched out, the replacement terrain.def file can be found here (overwrite the existing one in the resources directory).

For the others who are still stuck and can't wait, there is indeed a recall button on the former character launch screen at https://play.istaria.com. (select your character, hit the recall button) Hopefully your character is bound somewhere that doesn't trigger a crash.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

With the new terrain.def I was able to log back in.

Sorry, Amon, I was still on the western side of the cauldron and have a pretty high view distance set, so whatever new terrain was causing the crash I didn't get to see. Checking it out now

Drev

So other than the first post by Chasing and the terrain problems anyone doing much of anything else on Blight with this new patch? No bugs? No issues?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The corrected terrain.def file has been patched out to Blight. The patcher should perform a full scan next time you log in to Blight.

If you continue to crash when visiting a particular area (or loading), try doing a full scan (to make sure you have the proper terrain.def file) and then try clearing your world cache. If you still continue to crash, please report your trouble.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

just a minor issue, i hope, amon...... some of the new terrain has not yet shown up on the game map..... especially in sable shores.
    i rely heavily on my map, so it would be good to see if you can reconfig the map to reflect the changes....

where the marker sez 'port in' in the middle of the current map of sable shores:

what the terrain really looks like:

another location:

just a hope for the future......

The map is not auto-generated so it won't show up until a new map is created. I was really hoping for content issues more than anything.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So far the quests have been working ok. I did notice one kinda odd thing. I found the Archeologists, greeted one and he said go tell him im ok.. then i greeted the next one and he said something similiar. Looking at the questlog, there was 2 bullets saying to get back to the npc in brist. Went back to him and he gave me a doubled response and 2 quest rewards 10k exp each. not sure its intended or not.

Some items not drawing at the balennis tomb. just get the directional arrow thing.

Didnt try the mining pick grip tech yet.
    Last edited by Guaran; October 20th, 2009 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    So far the quests have been working ok. I did notice one kinda odd thing. I found the Archeologists, greeted one and he said go tell him im ok.. then i greeted the next one and he said something similiar. Looking at the questlog, there was 2 bullets saying to get back to the npc in brist. Went back to him and he gave me a doubled response and 2 quest rewards 10k exp each. not sure its intended or not.
    Ah... Yea, that was me trying to set the quest up to accept greeting either archaeologist as valid. I'll keep working on it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Some items not drawing at the balennis tomb. just get the directional arrow thing.
    This one is weird. Only thing I can think of is if some of the objects didn't get patched. Even stranger, some of them are older objects. You have a screenshot btw so I could see where they are and figure out which ones?

Large and Tremendous Ruxus appear to be missing. Checked Kings Cross and old Dalimond Ridge locations.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Large and Tremendous Ruxus appear to be missing. Checked Kings Cross and old Dalimond Ridge locations.
    Large and Tremendous are still set to spawn on the Ridge itself (just looked in the database). They were removed on purpose from King's Cross area and from the bottom of the ridge.

not sure if it is balennis' place or not, but while i was running around the old sable shores looking for the new sable shores, i did run across an axis arrow place marker in the skulk camp (see the first screenie i posted above, it has the general area where i saw the directional thingy.
    can log in and post another screenie if needed........
    when cliking on it, it sez something like 'dragon lair entrance - dalimond'......
    not sure if that is relevent, but there it is.....

Location, location, locations...

Locations help us be able to find these sorts of things even faster than trying to see some tiny screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    not sure if it is balennis' place or not, but while i was running around the old sable shores looking for the new sable shores, i did run across an axis arrow place marker in the skulk camp (see the first screenie i posted above, it has the general area where i saw the directional thingy.
    can log in and post another screenie if needed........
    when cliking on it, it sez something like 'dragon lair entrance - dalimond'......
    not sure if that is relevent, but there it is.....
    The only lair is north of the village and its been around for several years. Likely you tried to click on that object and it clicked on the lair behind it. I doubt the placeholder object is selectable.

For those of you who are seeing placeholders, try doing a full scan. Many of these objects have been around since launch so you should have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Location, location, locations...

Locations help us be able to find these sorts of things even faster than trying to see some tiny screenshot.

sorry vel, if you mean me, the camp is located at or near 21693, 22994 - close to 21720, 23039.

if you look closely at the extreme left center of the last screenie, you can see one of the camp tents next to the tree, not that that helps......

you are right, of course. even as i was taking the screenies for posting, i was thinking i should have gotten a direct screenie of it, but i was distracted by the missing landmarks i was looking for....
    will try to do better in future, speaking for myself......
    Last edited by velveeta; October 20th, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

I don't mean just you, velveeta. Anyone who submits a bug report should provide a way for either Amon or I to see exactly what you're seeing, so in the case of world objects location is key.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    sorry vel, if you mean me, the camp is located at or near 21693, 22994 - close to 21720, 23039.

if you look closely at the extreme left center of the last screenie, you can see one of the camp tents next to the tree, not that that helps......
    Went to both those locations and I don't see any "the asset is missing" arrows.

Oh, found it. Location 21812, 22953 looking east.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Went to both those locations and I don't see any "the asset is missing" arrows.

okay its prolly something on my end then....i will try to log in tonight (gots 'rental things to do today, but i should be good later....) and see if its still there. will screenie it and make a note of its exact location.
    thanx for looking tho, vel!!! i don't imagine too many peeps get out that way anyway.....

got onyx back logged into old login page recalled him . i did find the guy outside of bris forget his name but he has the muck fly quests onyx is working on them now they seem to be ok . i did the pick quest on colin and onyx both the golem dropped 2 picks for colin 2 dif times quest did not update the first time . thats all ive had time to check out didnt want to try flying up on dali ridge again

Thread Information