Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 174 Discussion

Default Blight Update 174 Discussion

Evasive Style no longer conflicts with evasion boosts, but also now changes your combat stance. ok first off will this change overwrite or remove combat stance RED and combat stance BLUE? if it DOES then critical strike, heart seeker wont be able to their bonus from blue stance, other attacks like power strike, smash, power shot that gain a bonus in red stance will suffer as well. as for the guards not assisting in combat around delgerath well they are useless to begin with anyway since they cant even damage the twisted automatons that roam near by so whats the point of even having them there in the first place?

Default Re: Blight Update 174 Discussion

Use this thread to discuss Blight Update 174.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 174

wonder what this means exactly -

"Primal Attack spell to treasure tables"

Is this like the flame, ice, energy attack spells?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

i like that the peninsula ports will require us to go attune, nice way to get us to go check out the countryside changes :-)

(added to wiki)
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Err.. not sure I agree with attunement on Dalimond, Chiconis, or Bristugo. Major cities have been portable to right from the start for as long as this game has been live, haven't they? Bristugo is the only one of the three I can see being attuned, but major cities have always had a fundamental difference to attuned to destinations: they cost coin.

Besides the oddity of needing to attune to major cities, what is the level 10 dragon adventurer to do? Trek through lands above their level to get quests meant for level 10 in Chiconis? What about Dralk? Is that going to need attunement too? Will you send a level 10 character to run by land all the way to Dralk?

This is not a change to be made lightly, assuming this is a sign of things to come.. requiring attunement to major cities, in addition to what seems like everywhere else, effectively means that players will need to travel everywhere by foot at least once. That is a serious change to the game.

That said, it's very nice to see T6 backpacks, a primal-based Ice/Fire Attack (assuming I'm correct in my guess at what that spell is), and Relstaroth being fixed.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Err.. not sure I agree with attunement on Dalimond, Chiconis, or Bristugo.
    Wowsers, I did not catch that those were on the list. I was assuming it was just the ones with "Peninsula:" in front of the name on the portal list. I agree that Dalimond and Chiconis, the racial cities, should probably not require attuning unless it's a quest from lower tier cities that awards it. I don't have any issue with Bristugo requiring attuning, though - it's just a short run up the hill from Dalimond anyway.

I can't attune to Dali and Brist. I cleared out my world cache, but still can't attune and its not available. I haven't tried to attune anywhere else yet.

Besides the oddity of needing to attune to major cities, what is the level 10 dragon adventurer to do? Trek through lands above their level to get quests meant for level 10 in Chiconis? What about Dralk? Is that going to need attunement too? Will you send a level 10 character to run by land all the way to Dralk?
    This echos my thoughts the moment I read the patch notes.

Being a newly-created Dragon, I'm just making my way to these towns on Blight. I don't know if I can get there by foot to do my level 10 quests -- I wouldn't even know where to start to find Chiconis if I had to walk, honestly. Yes, I guess I can find it on a map and try (I still get turned around easily even with a map) - but I'd ask would your average new player on a 14 day trial stick with it?

The final Dragon quests in the intro quest line of NT sends hatchlings to meditate at Dralk and Chiconis (which I thought was interesting) -- this could make it difficult to complete for a brand new player. Especially because up until that point, the quest lines in NT were pretty straightforward in the directions they gave and objectives were pretty easy to reach. I was impressed by the flow of the intro section, but that could put a kink in it.

Just thoughts. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

I think the attuning is generally a good idea. The lands are tiered, you will not need to go there ( as a new player) until you are of sufficient level anyway.

It should make the world more dangerous and exciting, and exploring more fun. And I know players will be able to make it to chiconis, etc. because I remember getting all the way into the heart of eastern deadlands when i was a 22 hatchling.

select-nearest-enemy.
    press repeatedly.
    steer clear of anything you target.

Make it to harro as a level 15 hachling? perfectly possible. necessary? nope.

I hope all the pads require attuning in the future, especially the ones in the far flung places like trandalar (acul etc) and falathien's pads.

Besides, walking there on foot gives the world cache time to download.

Yes I agree with the attuning. Plus it is an opportunity for more quests to do! yay!

It is a T2 revamp (rating 20-39) so as Guaran said, you shouldn't have to go there until you are ready.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Besides, walking there on foot gives the world cache time to download.
    Which seems like a very pointless, as mine (and others) world cache keeps on dumping itself. Does the new client fix this problem?

I hope all the pads require attuning in the future, especially the ones in the far flung places like trandalar (acul etc) and falathien's pads.
    That would be horrible. And a slap in the face to all the guild communities. "Oh, you have a plot in a guild community? Well too bad! You can't get to it anymore without a bunch of redundant missions!" <- Missions because you can't possibly get to Shepherd's Mountain or Trandalar from the main land if you can't fly.
    Edit: Also not to mention how you'd even get off of NT.

I'm in the party that doesn't agree with requiring attuning for Chiconis and Dalimond. Bristugo is fine. It's just forcing even more needless travel on people IMO.
    Last edited by Akrion; October 15th, 2009 at 11:38 AM.

Dalimond/Chiconis requiring attunement. The reason behind this is simple, they are cities on the Dalimond Peninsula. They are not travel hubs, nor are they the centers that they once were pre-merge. Now they are part of the land and part of the quest overhaul and so they are destinations to be visited just like any other (Bristugo, South March, Heart, etc).

The quests on New Trismus and on Lesser Aradoth will be updated to reflect this change (they won't be requiring you to visit the cities). Other destinations over time may also become attuned.

But, there will always be a way to get to isolated lands. For example, you can travel from Lesser Aradoth to the Dalimond Peninsula via the bridge at Sable Shores. And accordingly that is where the quest line for the Peninsula begins.

Yes, this may inconvenience existing players momentarily, but the goal of this change is to create a more streamlined and coherent experience for new players through level 40.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

-Primal Attack spell to treasure tables-

Can someone pls explain?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    ...They are not travel hubs...
    So what about Bristugo? That's a travel hub. And if Dalimond remains attuned to, that means a long run for bank alts or perhaps people trying to meet up with friends at lower levels.

So what about Bristugo? That's a travel hub. And if Dalimond remains attuned to, that means a long run for bank alts or perhaps people trying to meet up with friends at lower levels.
    Meet in Kion?

Still doesn't account for bank alts or other players who might need to visit, say, a plot that is traveled to via Bristugo.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

what happens to those of us who are already using brist as our recall point?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Just to clarify: I won't be able to use Rapid Fire stance and Evasive style at the same time? If I do, Rapid Fire Stance will fade since it is a combat stance?

Thread Information