Thread: New Plot idea

Lightbulb New Plot idea

As we wander about in the game and see plots it would be a interesting thing to see a list of accomplishments of the plot holder. and here is my proposale
    To add banners like we already have with a slight modification, To use our emblems that we get from variouce objectives in game. (expert jewler emblem) and to add them to a banner pole and get the jewer sign to hang from the banner wher ethe flag is currenlty located and to also add adventureer emblems. (Master Paladin Master Ranger Master Elar)Wich you can also add to the banners and get that schools emblem to hang from your plot. and when ya collect a full set of adventurer tittles you gain the tittle Grand Master Adventurer. Also a addon later for game expansion as you finish the little quets and some not so little you can get a token and hang them from banners on your plot Lore master. I understand this would mean you have like a million ( so many quests so little time) new banners to make. But it would be a great way for a Player to show off quests or lvls gained. If not a banner may be the sign holders we see out side the diffrent shoppes. ( i do not know if the sign holders and the school emblems are 2 different things??). Imigine a newer player walking by a plot and seeing 50 + banners flying showing off the players time devotion and skills in the game. and what they can look forward to also. one day them flags flying over thier plot showing thier progress. wich would then add a whole NEW set a quests ( OMG ) Monster slayer quests. Ohh the fun ... 50 100 500 1000 10,000 100,000 and 1,000,000 monsters of a certian type slain. will work that lil quest up and submit the idea.

Default Re: New Plot idea

That would be a very cool addition, but I don't think it would get much of a look-in for quite a while. With the T2 revamp etc I doubt the devs would get a chance to look at it.

But as an idea, that is excellent. What if the banner/board/trophy case/whatever was a buildable structure for a plot? And if it could *only* hold emblems as storage and allow 100 emblems to be stored? Then you could store all those hard-won emblems, and people could see what emblems you had on display by viewing the storage structure.

Would also clean up vaults/inventory
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

I like this idea as well. I have generally avoided the Emblem quests due to the fact that they take up stack space. I have little of that as it is atm.

Just wondering how this idea would go in a liar...

I think that you should be able to hang those banners from your hall, or have a whole different array of coloured gems that reflect the emblems that you put in there. Or if a hall is far to complex we should be able to add them to straights/3ways/4ways/bends which would make those plain storage tunnels look really sweet

The problem would be how to display them in-game. If colors/objects need to be added for each emblem that would be tough to implement IMHO for the devs and would therefore go miles down the TODO list. Plus if players had 100 emblems each, it could kill frame rate with so many being displayed at once.

If there were a specific set of emblems/rewards per tier, that could possibly be shown via colors/banners. I don't know how the banners are done, but if a generic design could be done with each tier and then perhaps a number put on it to signify how many emblems of that tier you could hold? For example:

Bamf Manfric has 3 Tier 1 emblems and 2 Tier 2 emblems. He builds a "Tier 1 Emblem Flag" (Green) and a "Tier 2 Emblem Flag" (Red) on his plot. He then adds his 3 x Tier 1 emblems to the Tier 1 flag inventory, and the Flag displays the number "3". He adds his 2 x Tier 2 emblems to the Tier 2 flag inventory, and the Flag displays the number "2".

This would require 6 new "buildings" (all with the same model) and 6 new "flags". This way people could add their emblems to the appropraite flags and other people could see how many they have. Maybe double-clicking displays a list of emblems ala Inventory with a read-only status on it so people can see what they have/are missing.

...(terrible) concept art attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banners are fairly flexible in what you can do with them. I designed them to have two elements that can be changed, the banner itself and the emblem set where the pole and crossbar connect. Both on the same texture and there are still some blank areas in the texture where additional elements could be added like some ornate scroll work above the crossbar as an example.

There are some technical limitations for having achievements and such show up. The same issues that affect dragons not having a hoard chamber that dynamically shows their growing hoard. We kicked around some ideas for that but they are not very elegant yet. Achievement banners would be affected in the same way. But they would be cool to have.
    Last edited by Solitaire; October 16th, 2009 at 04:36 AM.

Nice one Sol, thanks for checking - naturally I will expect this to be fully implemented next week :P

Really a good idea!! I like it!! Game- enrichment
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

me too!!! might get to use

(thanx to my artistic friend....you know who you are! still love you too!)
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

And i was thinking since the school both crafter and adventurer emblems are in place in game and the banner poles in game... a lil code tweaking ( now i say a lil code tweaking not haveing ANY clue how it is done knowing someone is ganna take MANY grueling hours to acomplish this lil feat BTW THANKS iffina it gets done I will send ya warm brownies..) .. and poof instant property envaluement.. and for all the other lil emblems isatria can hold "consept art" for emblames that do not have any "school banners" attached to them.

Not wishing to sidetrack too much but... could be a good way to advertise that there is paid construction work to be done on the plot... flagpole on top of an unfinished building signifies "CASH HERE - COME AND BUILD ME!"

It would be nice to have some purpose to the banners, this idea would give them one.
    I wondered if there could be a way to use the dye kits on the completed banners to change some color, maybe the background color, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    me too!!! might get to use

(thanx to my artistic friend....you know who you are! still love you too!)
    Neat. I like the design in the pole too.

it'd be nice to have banners with wood boards or essence orbs, etc. depicted on them that we could put up in front of silos so folks can tell what's supposed to be in the silo set.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I know, personally, I liked having the banner contest and would love to see more banners made by the community. I set up a design for WorldProjects for a banner that I'd be glad to see flying near the projects that the community built, so when a new person asks about what people have done to change the face of Istaria, these crafthalls, bridges, walls, etc. could be pointed out to show that the community does have an effect on gameplay here, unlike so many other games out there where "construction" is static and stagnant.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information