Thread: Spawns

Osidan

Default Spawns

Instead of ranting about this issue I am gonna be constructive. I realize there is limited server space for monsters, but it is a complete waste of my time when I am in an are for over an hour and see 6-8 spawns. I was hunting red back spiders just north of Tazoon and saw 6-8 spiders the entire time I was there. I read somewhere that the system has to wait to see what the player is gonna do before it starts spawning creatures. I was there for over an hour, what else was I gonna do? Pick my nose? Anyway my suggestion is this, why dont you make it possible for us to signal to the system that we are in the area and want to hunt. For example, make a button are a command. To prevent people form just running around and activating stuff why not give the button or command a 30 minute timer. That way you cant go about setting off all sorts of spawns and causing server lag. I dont even know if this will work, but I am seriously not having fun anymore. I used to play for hours at a time, now I can barely stand more than an hour. Crafting only does so much. I hope my suggestion helps.

Default Re: Spawns

I hope they get this fixed as well Osidian. I thought that the server receiving notification that a monster has been killed, as they must, should be all the trigger needed. The server knows to remove corpses!

Slowing up the battles, by lowering global damage, and increasing XP reward should enable them to massively reduce the number of MOBs needed to be tracked as well IMHO.

Thread Information