Thread: Developer's Desk: Fall Discussion

Default Developer's Desk: Fall Discussion

Please use this thread to talk about the Fall Developer's Desk.

We'd especially like to hear from you with what your memories of previous annual festivals are.

Developer's Desk Fall

Default Re: Developer's Desk: Fall Discussion

Memories of Fall Harvest Festival? Loved getting the candy so that we could use the costumes again, especially for lower level characters who made many a level off the spiders and undead in the festival grounds. Had lots of fun with the spooky story telling too. Will never forget going trick-or-treating and saying "I got a rock!" when given salt rock, or the disgusted fascination with a dead mouse. The Valkor quest kickoff was well done there too. And I think everyone enjoys looking over the collection of masks and clothing to be purchased with candy.

Also loved the theme of Hammer's Rest, collected some of each food and drink, and was slightly disappointed we could not get food formulas for those goodies. Made hunts very interesting to go out "under the influence" of those ales. Sad to say I never did get the right bottlecaps for those quests.

Two questions:
    When submitting a ticket, what "department" should we select.
    And I tried uploading a bitmap image for the masks contest, but it keeps telling me that the file type you were trying to upload is not allowed. How can I upload it?

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Thank you for the reminder. There's a new department called Community Relations - Contests.

And you should be able to upload it now.

This will be my first ever festival -- and it sounds fantastic. Thank you for all your work in bringing this to the community, Amariƫ!

Did I read that right, there is no Fall Festival, but the Crypt is going to be open (spooky spiders, etc.)?

Prinn

Tried again, but it still saying that the file type I am trying to upload is not allowed. Tried changing the file to png but it still not taking it.

Isn't the old email address we used last year to submit entries still active? Can I just use that instead?

What did I like most? That is a hard decision, cause I loved it all. Very much!

Be it the crypt, new masks and costumes, wonderful stories,
    the home and heart contest with its heart warming tales and poems,
    the winter festival ground in Rachval, were we got together under the christmastrees
    the event in Tazoon, gambling and feeding the zoo,
    all which brings us together, lets us pause for a moment, away from the daily routine is fine.
    If I could have a wish: Old and new masks and costumes, a winterly playground,
    x-mas gifts (esp. for new players)- and a lot of stories to read.
    And maybe: Aren`t the trees of Istaria sick of being killed by all those crafters and not willing to die for X-mas decoration this year, and plan to strike back?
    A few world events would be niiiice^^(I still need a t5 shoulder buddy^^)

Thank you very much devs, that you`ve listened, and give us back a winter event!

and another wish: Pls bring back those masks, returning Unity players could not get:
    one of this was "sun moon stars"- the other 2 I do not remember- they were missing last year.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; October 24th, 2009 at 09:40 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Tried again, but it still saying that the file type I am trying to upload is not allowed. Tried changing the file to png but it still not taking it.

Isn't the old email address we used last year to submit entries still active? Can I just use that instead?
    Please check the size of the file that you're trying to upload. I just ran a test with a normal account (not an admin one), and was able to upload a png file just fine.

Two things I really appreciated in fasativals past:

1: The trees in Mahagra all decorated for x-mas season
    2: Those cool bats flapping about in the festival crypt area.

Small details I know, but for some reason they stuck with me.

10485760 Bytes it says it can take.
    1 Kilobyte is just a thousand bytes and the picture I am trying to upload is just 144 kb as a bitmap (or 70kb as a png) . So it should be just fine size wise. *scratches head*

Argh I tired sending it as a jpeg which while yes ruins quality, cuts size down to a mere 12 kb. And still it not taking it.
    Even tried sending it through a zip file( I KNOW the rules say no zip file but it the only thing I have left to try!) It looked like it worked at first, the ticket was sent with no complaints. However when I tried opening the attachment on my end, the zip file won't open cause apparently it somehow got corrupted.

Worst-delievery-system-EVER *beyond frustrated*

Wonderful update now im glad i didnt lvl my hatchie:P
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

I remember scrapping with the elm treants during Gnomekindle in order to collect the needed bits to make my Elm Shoulder Treant.

Aah, fond memories. Ooh, death points. I was still a hatchling then.

I also liked collecting all the costumes I could for the Fall Festival. and the candies needed to power them.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Post Template Request

Is it possible to get UV maps for at least the shorts? Its difficult to figure out how to do a non-standard ALPHA maps with just a BUMP map.

Did any of that make sense?

--Gengel

Default Re: Template Request

The files in the mask template zip seem to be corrupted. Firefox, Windows Explorer, Paint, and Photoshop CS4 cannot open them. I tried downloading them again, same thing.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Template Request

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    The files in the mask template zip seem to be corrupted. Firefox, Windows Explorer, Paint, and Photoshop CS4 cannot open them. I tried downloading them again, same thing.
    I still had the templates from last year's fall festival. If you want to them just click on link, right click and press "save picture as".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information