Thread: Greetings Istarians!

Default Greetings Istarians!

I am one of those old old schoolers contemplating a return. I started on Twilight shortly after release, but ended up making my home on Blight due to the community. Then one day Blight mysteriously shut down and went awol and after waiting for several weeks for it to come back up again, I left. I've been playing WoW for the past 4 years I think, but have found myself really missing the sense of community I had here in Istaria.

My main thing is crafting, being able to learn ALL/EVERYTHING that there is to learn (within a chosen profession), and being able to get the materials one might need solo. I've come to really dislike the "you can't get that recipe anymore because the NPC who sold it has been removed from the game" or "you can't get the mats for that recipe/item anymore because nobody runs those dungeons anymore" or "you need an ungodly amount of rep to buy that recipe and unless you can solo the instance to get the drops to get the rep, you're SoL". So my biggest questions is - Should I decide to become a Confectioner, or Alchemist, or Jeweler, or Spellcrafter...is it still possible to learn every recipe/technique that that crafting profession has to offer? Or will I run into some item that an original character created way back when who never left the game made, say "Hey, I'd like to be able to make that too." and be told "Sorry, you can't get the recipe for that anymore."

I also recall it being a tremendous inconvenience trying to transfer items from one character to another. I disliked greatly having to use a vendor/consigner for that. What is the best way to get an item from one char. on your account to another? Please tell me this has changed.

Blight appears to be up and running and livable again. Is this actually the case?

And as far as plots/lairs go, I'm assuming that the community is still small enough that there's room for everybody? I had 2 plots back in the day, 1 in Kion and 1 way out in the boondocks that I can't remember the name of.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

A little about myself: Stay at home mom of one 2 yo. When I'm not running errands, getting groceries, or taking my son to some activity, I'm logged on during the day, with a 'chronic afk' clause. I need that balance of a nice friendly community for socialization and cooperation + the ability to solo effectively so I don't have to constantly say "Sorry, afk poopy diaper," or "My son just woke up from nap, have to go," or "Need 10 mins to get the boy some food."

Look forward to meeting you in-game.

Kat >^..^<

Default Re: Greetings Istarians!

Blight is indeed back up after being shutdown by the previous owners of the game.

Istaria does have a small number of items that are no longer obtainable. I think most MMOs probably will. These things however are generally from very, very long ago, and all professions have access to a serious number of formulas. The old unobtainable ones were extras more than anything, anyone playing today can still get every formula they could need. In fact, in terms of craft-related unobtainables, there might be 10-15 formulas and techs out of the hundreds for all craft classes that are not obtainable anymore.

Transferring between two characters is still a hassle. The easiest way to do it on one subscription is to buy a plot and build a house so you can store/transfer things between characters with it. If you have two subscriptions though, Istaria is now capable of multiboxing, i.e. you can have multiple game windows open at once. So you could just trade with yourself. Two subs will also allow you to login on two different computers to do the trades if yours cannot handle dualboxing.

On Order, there are plenty of plots and lairs still available. On Blight, I'm sure there's far more. Chaos is where you'd be least likely to find a good plot, but I don't really know the situation there.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

blight is up and thriving, i can speak to that, at least!! welcome home, hep, and come back to blight - we gots plots up the wazoo, any size, shape, and location you desire!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

If you're looking for a small, welcoming community, you'll find it in Istaria! For the record, there are still many plots open for the taking on Chaos and I'm sure Blight has a good bit open, too. Welcome back!

Dutchess owns my old Ianville plot! AAAGH! Lucky wench. >.<

So where do folks tend to live / congregate on Blight? Noticed a couple structures in Bristugo, but nothing in Parsinia. I reactivated my old account out of curiosity, and surprise my old toons were still listed, still in <Destiny Desire and Deception> even.

Gonna take some getting used to the interface, though, after being WoW brainwashed for so many years.

>^..^<

Oh, is there a way to get back to the character login page without having to exit and then re-enter the game? Every time I log in it takes (literally, I've timed it) over 10 min.s because it seems to be checking every single file evey time I do. Is there something I need to uncheck somewhere to make it stop doing that?
    Last edited by HepKat; October 28th, 2009 at 06:05 PM.

*serves hepkat some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home :-)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    *serves hepkat some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home :-)

MMM, your klava-java is magical. TY so much.
    >^..^<

Quote Originally Posted by HepKat View Post
    Oh, is there a way to get back to the character login page without having to exit and then re-enter the game? Every time I log in it takes (literally, I've timed it) over 10 min.s because it seems to be checking every single file evey time I do. Is there something I need to uncheck somewhere to make it stop doing that?
    Welcome back, HepKat. Uncheck "Full Scan" to avoid having it check every file each time.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

there is no central place where most peeps have a home, hep - lots of plots on shep's mount, but that just cause the plots themselves are so big and relatively close to incoming ports....
    genevia is also popular, as is last stand/wolf's paw/mith's anvil/harro areas....

i am sure that you will find what you want in the area you desire! i would be happy to help scout locations, if you wish!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Hello there! I'm personally completely new but I also have character running around on Blight, so we may meet soon!
    If you see me around, and you can use some help feel free to ask! :3

welcome home

Thread Information