Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MMORPG.com News Story for Istaria

Default New MMORPG.com News Story for Istaria

They just put up a new News piece on the community.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...re/3694/page/1

Default Re: New MMORPG.com News Story for Istaria

Ah, Deth, you beat me to it! I browse just a bit too slow, I guess.

Aywren please accept a very sincere thank you from everyone here at Virtrium for this outstanding article and the work that went in to getting it posted! It is beyond exciting to see the game on MMORPG's front page once again!

Now everyone, go read the article and comment on it so that the folks at MMORPG know how much we appreciate Aywren and her work!

I`m impressed*bows*

Thanks alot Aywren!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Oh my gosh... I am speechless! *embarrassed joy*

...okay... speechless moment over.

I didn't want to make an announcement on the forums (I'm a bit shy, really), so thank you for posting this for me. After our discussion here about what can be done to get sites like MMORPG.com updated with information about Istaria, I decided to figure out what I could do to take it into my own hands. (I hear the devs groaning now?) *laughs*

I put in an application to become Game Correspondent for Istaria at MMORPG.com and sent a fairly "general" article as a sample writing a few weeks back. I didn't hear a word about it for a while and figured it wasn't going to happen (gave it my best shot). Then lo and behold on Sunday I got an email that informed me that I had the position, my article would be posted and that they wanted MORE articles from me (at least two each month)!

I've been sitting quietly on the news (except to blurt it in guild chat and send a shaky support ticket a few nights ago), unsure of what all this would actually mean. I certainly didn't know it would warrant front page!

I meant everything I said in my article (sorry if it sounds sappy). I may be somewhat of a returning newcomer, but I really do see magic in the world of Istaria and especially in its people -- devs and players alike.

You are very, very welcome, Amariƫ. It was completely my pleasure. I'm sincerely looking forward to working with you in getting some more articles written!

Was a great read and good take on game, well done, well written. I've followed that site since its inception, but today was first time in my life I bothered to take the time to register and comment. Was glad to see it got linked up here for you. Can't tell you how great it was to see my favorite game on that site front and centre and the article wasn't bashing something.

Bravo!!! that article is amazing!! i felt my old veteran player heart warm with pride as i read about our amazing community also it is EXTREMELY well written

way to go istaria! keep it up and Thanks you Awyren for saying the words many of us wish we could express

Well written, Aywren. I especially like the nod to the original name at the end :- )

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Congratulations!

I think your blog is great too

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

very kewl beans with lots of awesome sauce!
    way to go, ayw! gonna link and post on my livejournal!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thank you for your kind words, encouragement and links! And thanks to all who stopped by the article and left your supporting comments, too!

Another thing to consider, if you have an account at MMORPG.com and have posted enough to have a ranking, is helping by giving Istaria a review on the site there. A number of the reviews there are really outdated. So if you have something kind you want to share, no matter short or long, this would be a good place to make your voice heard.

For those who are interested, hop on over here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/17/view/ratings

For those who think pictures are worth a thousand words, MMORPG.com also allows you to upload your favorite screenshots. Check that out here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/17/view/screens. Just scroll down to the second half called "Member Submitted Screenshots" and click the link that says "Add your own screenshots".

Every little bit helps.

Velveeta -- I saw your Istaria blog on MMORPG -- very awesome! I wasn't able to attend the festival event on Blight, but the screens you posted looked like everyone was having a great time!

Aywen, thanks. Were you around when this came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Aywen, thanks. Were you around when this came out?
    You're welcome, Phillip.

Where was I in 2005? Hard to say -- I might have been around, I've played this game on and off throughout the years, even if I wasn't a forum poster.

But the important thing, I think, is that I'm here now. And so are you -- as well as everyone else who visits these forums or logs into the game. I believe that does have meaning, though that meaning may vary depending on the individual.

sigh Phillip^^ it seems I always have to answer you back

I was around when this came out-
    so what- yesterday`s snow-
    times have changed, the games have changed, players have changed-
    what once might have been right, not necessaryly is right anymore!

I'm not sure how many use MMORPG regularly, I can tell more now Erins(Arwyns) article has been posted. Ive never really joined it but have followed it since its inception. Istaria is getting quite a buzz last couple of days, Theres a current Jon Wood article on "under the radar games", he left Istaria off but several people have mentioned it as an example of a truly under the radar game. Might be a good thread to get some more input into how a great game like Istaria is so under the radar and why it is and why it really shouldnt be.

I wished if a former Unity player would post there, and tell how incredible nice we have been welcomed on all shards, and how many help we`ve gotten over the time, and that it was easy to make new friends-
    as an answer to the post of WSIMIKE.
    I`ve alredy posted there, and uhhm- you all here are used to my pigeon English,
    I`m sure someone else could do better than I.

I gave it a try too Lov, but as a veteren player I'm sure mine carries little weight, your right though if we could get a couple newcomers or the Unity group to show how easy everyone was excepted would be huge bonus on that thread.

Actually Lov his response to me was actually more game praise and a mention hell be giving it another shot

I wouldn't be shy to post again, LOV! Your point of view is very important -- don't worry one bit about your English!

Thumbs up Re: New MMORPG.com News Story for Istaria

Yes very nice work there. I read it too and started coming back to look back on Istaria myself
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    Yes very nice work there. I read it too and started coming back to look back on Istaria myself
    Thank you and welcome back to the forums. We do hope you'll visit Istaria again!

Thread Information