Thread: Silly things we do in a game

Wink Silly things we do in a game

Yes, I am a veteran, however, those shoes dont fit me anymore. I am now a veteran newbie!

One day, I am getting wood. And I realize after about three trees, of being attacked to get wood, I dont get wood. Hrmmm, something is wrong here, and I can't find it, so I attack another tree to get its wood, and no wood in my pack! Looked at tool, and just broke out laughing my butt off! I was trying to use a mining tool to get wood, go figure, DOH!

Lets hear your tails of woe over stupid mistakes that you might have made!

Default Re: Silly things we do in a game

OT already and unrepentant!

Picky trees were driven stark barking mad.

And nice to see you here again Peaches!
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

not quite the same but I am a veteran newbie at biped crafting...Valdaar has been around for years - but for whatever reason - whenever I go out to craft, I invariably leave one tool behind in the vault that I need to complete the job.

I remember you, peaches. Welcome back.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you name it, vel/mw has done it - and still does it........i am the eternal noob!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Peaches you where a very bad kitty for leaving all us dragon behind

but you found your way home

*Gives peaches a warm saucer of milk and some cat nip *

Welcome back peaches i to hope to return to the game asap but the bill golem is still a t X monster and eats my pay check
    welcome home peaches
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Oh wowsers, the list could go on and on for me - I don't know where I leave my brain some days!

Porting to the town I'm already in (at 400 cp + disk expenses) is the most recent one I've done, with my running back and forth between New Trismus & Sslanis to get cargo disks restocked. It seems like a 50/50 chance I'll get it right, 'cause I can't keep track of which town I'm in and where I'm going...

Ugh. I cant count how many times Ive ported to the city Im already in. Leave auto run (flight) On while I afk, amzing some of the things I find whe nI get back.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm still trying to figure out how I ported to Bristugo from Mahagra one day and the autorun popped itself on. While Tagath was handling another gathering run, I ended up walking from the Bristugo pad ALL THE WAY to the Dalimond Bay, and halfway into it (dropping cargo disk on the shore) and drowning without getting snagged or held up by a single building, plot, scaffolding, tree, or ANYTHING.

Mind you, I was waiting for the teleport to finish so I could actually move.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Flying from say the Adamantium nodes to Morning Light, porting to Bristugo, porting to home, opening a silo, then trying to drag the ore into the silo only to get the message: "Cargo disk too far away, it is 15,989 m away...". Then a few curse words.

It's not too hard to do, since a small overburden of say 20% doesn't decrease your flight speed when tugging a disk. So you don't notice it's not attached until you get all the way home.

Sassa-frakkin!

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how I ported to Bristugo from Mahagra one day and the autorun popped itself on. While Tagath was handling another gathering run, I ended up walking from the Bristugo pad ALL THE WAY to the Dalimond Bay, and halfway into it (dropping cargo disk on the shore) and drowning without getting snagged or held up by a single building, plot, scaffolding, tree, or ANYTHING.

Mind you, I was waiting for the teleport to finish so I could actually move.
    Heh, same thing happened to me today when playing my little kitty Neriss, after porting to Brist my autorun was automagically on. But teleporting finished fast so my kitty only ran about 10 meters

I have to say, she is pretty heroic too! She has fought evil monsters with scissors, buckets, mining picks, smelting tongs etc. etc.

And if taverns had furniture... If Neriss saw a monster approaching the tavern she happened to be in, I bet she'd run out and chase the monster away with a bar stool

I catch my self alot recalling with out my disk..
    leaving my disk places..
    looking everywhere for it to discover...

its in my inventory.. LOL

or going to a battle and still having craft scales on... *shakes her head*

I've been known to leave my disk in the air before. I don't think a blue dragon has ever turned so red until you see one going "I lost my disk!" and not thinking to look up...

The other day, I was feeding some hoard to a new hatchie in NT, then went off on my merry way, pleased with myself for being the good Samaritan....only to run back to NT a minute later, and ask the hatchie..."umm....can I have my cargo disk back, please?"

It seems alot of it comes down to crafting... And I'd say personally, leaving a tool in vault would be the most common, 2nd would be loosing the CD only to discover its in my inv (usually 'organised' into a pouch). I've forgotten to switch over to cargo gear a few times which certainly makes things interesting.

As for the adventuring side, having the wrong armor and jewelery set on seems to happen quite often, especially when switching shools. Having some sort of metal on in CHSW and switching to druid can get a little embarasing.. Naked dryad fluttering around.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Forgetting to reset heal hotkeys after changing back to druid and going out after stuff I can only just take without 5 minute abilities and getting absolutely hammered until I realise I'm using t1 heals.

Every time I log in I search for the disks of all my alts. Invariably it's always "4 digits away", possibly being twirled by a Satyr mob on one of their isles. Of course, in the disk are my combat scales as well...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

One of the past few days, I was complaining about how there weren't enough resources near my lair to encourage anyone to visit. Some might call it whining due to how much I complained that day.

Aside from the Topaz Golems about 550m away, I couldn't tell anyone that there were any resource nodes near by lair. The best I could say was that I had all dragon machines (which turned out to be less than accurate as I don't have a transmutation machine) and that my lair was 400m due east of Kirasanct. Unfortunately, most people don't share my fascination for the shiny frozen lake in my yard, so it takes some fierce prodding to get anyone to visit me in my lair most of the time.

While I was trying to complete my vault chamber -- which I popped yesterday -- I asked where was the best place for gold. Someone told me Summit, and later clarified by saying that the gold golems are nearby. I was still hoping that there was a better location than Summit, because that location is far away from a port out. Since it was my best option at the time, I headed there anyway with my disk. While gathering from the golems, I got the idea that it would probably take longer to head to the nearest port out, Mahagra, than it would take to fly directly to my lair, so when I filled up on bars, I flew over to my lair while keeping an eye on the gold golems below and my map (which doesn't use the map pack) so that I could plot markers for the boundaries of where they spawned.

The southern marker I placed surprised me; it was actually quite close to my lair. With the help of my then-detached disk, I measured the distance from the gold golems to my smelter on the first floor of my lair: a little over 600m and with a straight road almost the whole length. As it turned out, although my lair is about 200m farther away from gold than Summit's smelter, I have a road to close that gap, and I also have far better proximity to a port.

So now, I have Kirasanct 400m due west from my lair, topaz 550m away, and gold 600m due north. Even Summit is 450m away (and I don't think it has a straight road to there) and is over 900m away from the nearest port out. I have had the best location to gather and process gold from with a disk ever since I bought my lair years ago, and perhaps even without a disk as well. Now that I have a popped vault, it's also good for those crafters who use a vault to store their stuff.

I still wish that there were more resources near Kirasanct, but I now have one thing other than my frozen lake keeping me in Four Corners.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

I have a tendency to die while typing/RPing..OFTEN..it just seems im never in to dangerous a place to get that last sentence in..and well 95% of the time i manage to survive it..the other 5% well..yeah lets not discuss that.

Also getting lost in your own lair can be embarassing..am im great at it..though my latest one is to well built/planned even for me to manage so..oh well..back to typing..

Thread Information