Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Test animation

Default Re: Test animation

That would work. Something like the "stand" emote where it holds it for a bit then releases? Sounds like a good compromise to me.

Sol i think the sleeping emote you did a while back and posted a piccy of would do just fine i really liked it from the pic are you planning to release it?

I'm planning on doing something with it. My "in box" is stacked high with projects I need to get done right now and I've been dilly-dallying around too much this past month or so. I have to rebuild it all over again because I goofed and saved a bad version of the file.

I hope they are out soon keep up the good work

here's an idea, couldn't the Cannine sit have the wings positioned in a more reagal way?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman007 View Post
    here's an idea, couldn't the Cannine sit have the wings positioned in a more reagal way?
    what ya mean?

this is as close a pic as i could find have his wing thrust upward Pridefull, you catch what i mean?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hawkman007; June 21st, 2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: another pic

Talking Re: Test animation

It's just the position of the wings that bother me this looks Perfect but here's another pic, pay attention to how the wings are placed. (btw the drawing is old like 5+ years old i really had to look for this in my stash)
    Attached Images Attached Images

i see what you mean but i dont think that is possible with the dragon model and also it can look awkward. and painful in my opinion

When you get into the actual physics of the position, it would be awkward. And sure would not look like the dragon was resting as the position was intended to show. With the long bones in the wings, you really are limited in the number of positions that they look good in.

aww oh well it was just a hopeful suggestion. v.v

Hawk it would almost look like the dragon was ready to take flight in a way ...:/ I see what you mean but the dragon to me would loik like its stuck in in one position trying to fly almost a glitch like thing.

Could this mod be added to game by adding a second sit command? Example is I have Z bind as my frist sit stlye 1 and key X can be bind for sit stlye 2? That way people who still want to use the old sit can and those that enjoy the new sit can use it and it will also be viewable to others that you are using the new ( and better in my opinion) Sit stlye.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Could this mod be added to game by adding a second sit command?
    I'm wanting to do something similar to that. Some behind the scenes work needs to be done plus I want to have alternates made for the bipeds. The idea that I want to use for alternate sitting states is to have the sit button cycle through the animations. Moving or waiting 5 seconds after the last press then pressing it again will bring the character into a standing state. This is a little lower in the priorities though.

Hey, could someone give me some steps to downloading mods? Hehe never done it before Nice mod btw. Also what I mean by steps I mean like...EX:
    Step 1: Do this
    Step 2: Blah
    You know XD lol

Thanks ^^
    53//40//2 of Chaos.

1. Download the files from one of Solitaire's links.
    2. Extract the files wherever.
    3. Place the files in your resources override folder in your Istaria directory. Whatever one is named "dragon_u_d_sit_n_n" when you start the game is the one you will see in place of the default sit animation.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

This is a bit off topic, but could you tell me a bit about what programs, what methods, etc... you use to create animations for Istaria? If you want, could you PM me with the info and so we can discuss the topic further?

After some quick research, I found that both Maya and the Granny mod are quite expensive

Do you know of any free programs/plugins I could use to practice with? I understand that the raws for this game are not available, but I'm sure I could find some raws out there for other models I could use to "practice" with.

I'm very interested in doing animation, and would like to give it a try.
    Last edited by Eelime; December 14th, 2010 at 08:27 AM.

I myself have experience with 3d modeling, but only through a tech school that I'm currently in. I'm lucky, actually, because 1) It's not college, so I'm not paying, 2) the lab is as good, if not better, then most others in new england, and 3) It looks like I'm going to get a 3 year free license for maya through this class! I don't know when, but I think It would be really neat (If I can get my hands on the granny mod) to make custom emotes myself.
    Last edited by gagatronic0; December 21st, 2010 at 07:54 PM.

-Order -- Inisalruo Varataz-
    DeviantArt Profile

In a completely unrelated post, firebrand's emote pack features a "/stand" emote...

...that gives me an idea. The solution to the laying down and or sitting as an emote would go like this:
    1) The "sit" command would be for the laying down animation.
    2) "/sit" from firebrand's emote pack would allow the sphinx sitting position, I think... If not, then a "/sphinxsit" command would do just fine.
    3) "/caninesit" would allow a player to do exacly that - the canine-fasion sit position. As for the animation problem, including the animation above if "/sphinxsit" is used, would be to add in a large amount of loops to the animation to make it last a (reasonably) long time. However, the last two would not be suitable for long sittings (not that they would be, realistically, out of the three.)

If that is out of the question, or there are significant problems with this, then have all of them included as emotes, so that players can either 1) specify the type of sit or lay they want to, or 2)use the sit button for longer periods of time, if you don't care what it looks like to other people.

-----

If this fix STILL does not work, then I fall back on this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hassia
    Could this mod be added to game by adding a second sit command? Example is I have Z bind as my frist sit stlye 1 and key X can be bind for sit stlye 2? That way people who still want to use the old sit can and those that enjoy the new sit can use it and it will also be viewable to others that you are using the new ( and better in my opinion) Sit stlye.
    I totally agree with that. If a dragon wants to sit on its haunches, he should be able to so others can see it. If he/she wants to lay down, the other dragons should also want to do that. If they want to sit like a dog does, then by golly, everyone should be able to see it!

-----

Other then that, the only other thing I could think of would be to have the option to loop an emote via text command. My idea for the template would look like this:

/loop <emote>

Of course, a "looped" animation would be interruptable, just like with sitting.

That is all the ideas I have for now.
    Last edited by gagatronic0; December 21st, 2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Fixing an important grammar mistake and adding an important piece of information.

-Order -- Inisalruo Varataz-
    DeviantArt Profile

Unfortunately, custom emotes like those in Firebrand's pack cannot be looped. The animation plays once and that's it. The way /stand works is that it's slowed down a lot. While one could do the same thing for the new sit animations, doing so.. well.. leaves you with an animation that's practically not animating at all. It doesn't look particularly good. And if it doesn't loop and it doesn't get slowed down, like you're trying to, say, loop the emote via a self-repeating keybind, the character will always come fully out of the animation before starting a new one. You'll see dragons stand, then sit, then stand, then sit, then...

So as far as I can see, the technology to make the new sits coexist with the old one but still look good does not yet exist in the game. Being able to loop emote animations would probably fix it, as well as open up a bunch of possibilities for modders. Dunno how feasible that is though.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information