Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Test animation

Default Re: Test animation

Ohhhh...! The bow is real spiffy, Solitaire! Really well-posed. Hurry up and implement them into the game ya big tease x]

oh my i love that bow one!! i always dip my head in greeting or respect

(Biped comments, look away now Draggies)

Those look absolutely amazing! If you get close to a finished product, someone post that on youtube. Show me a game where you have playable bowing dragons Anyone done any Machinima with Istaria, besides the content generated by Vi (like the Pickle movies)?

That is going to add some seriously deep RP elements on Order I suspect.

The dog-sit animation makes sense to me. Looks almost like part of the dragon-about-to-fly animation i.e. crouch on hind legs to launch into the air. This is just an extension of that, and I think it fits well. Top job Sol!

Begs the question... if a Gnome walks past a bowing dragon, is it showing respect to the food? :P
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Okay, I have both the sitting and laying positions, and I adore them both, but I gotta say, I LOVE the laying position! BUT: One glitch. The right hind leg's toes...they are just a tad bit deformed. But that is only minor, I love the position all the same. Great work, Sol!

I absolutely love the new sit animations, Sol! It a nice change from the original.
    For me personally, I enjoy the first one, laying down on the side just because it looks like the dragon is more relaxed and the way the wings are draped around the dragon is just perfect.

The only thing about it that really is bothering me (and surprisingly it isn't the legs) is the dragon's right eye. Maybe it is just because of my dragon's head style or eye style or a combination of the both, but when my dragon "blinks", part of the right eye sticks out from under the eye lid.

That said, the eye movement and the twitching toes are a nice addition.
    Last edited by Xanthia; November 26th, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

The eyelids are one of the little quirks of the head models that is a bit weird, but I think that I got that figured out now. With the model that you use, which is in a separate file than the animation start pose I use, when the eyes are turned during the blink they will pop out. Would just need to return them to neutral position for the blink.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. You all kind of inspired me to spend more time on this than I should with the other stuff going on. Got that deep bow, a less respectful shallow bow and as a bit of fun I'm currently working on a "stepped in" emote. I have in mind doing a very angry dragon roaring then culminating in slamming it's tail down on the ground but that one has a lot of complex movement going on and my initial blocking out of the motions looked like crap. Will do yes and no emotes too since they would be simple. Any others that you would like to see? Keep in mind that I really only have time to do one or two more. (I know I could be opening up the flood gates with that question.)

And biped players, I'll be getting to you too. It is just that animating dragons is outright fun.

I don't really have any cool ideas or anything, but I think some sort of full-body stretch would be kinda neat. Or a laugh / chuckle. I dunno. xD

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

I second Veya's stretch idea, I was actually going to mention something like that myself.

Could have the dragon place one forepaw ahead of itself, dip forwards and down while its head moves back a little, maybe have the wings splay out a bit, something like that xP

OR, you could make a yawn emote! Big wide yawn with the dragon's tongue hanging out or curling up if possible.

hmmm as for ideas i think a nuzzle one would be cool or maybe a different dance instead of the rockoutchiconis or rockoutdralk

good luck sol

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    hmmm as for ideas i think a nuzzle one would be cool or maybe a different dance instead of the rockoutchiconis or rockoutdralk

good luck sol
    Wait -- dragons have dance emotes? I didn't know that! Do I need to download something for it or is it currently in game?

And to keep on topic, I agree, a stretch would be awesome!

I was looking through my dragon picture collection and might have found some an idea for a sleeping and resting position for a dragon with some creational alterations perhaps if needed.

I was thinking about:
    Sleeping:
    Torso lying on the ground, hindlegs, neck, head and tail positioned similar to the picture below, wings tight against the body and the forlegs positioned like the first download in this thread.

Resting:
    The default sitting animation except for the tail alongside the body instead of in a straight line.

I don’t want the sitting animation changed, I still use the second “canine� sitting download from this thread and I love it.

Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Any others that you would like to see? Keep in mind that I really only have time to do one or two more. (I know I could be opening up the flood gates with that question.)

And biped players, I'll be getting to you too. It is just that animating dragons is outright fun.
    Some more (if at all possible) in flight/sky animations. There are...two at the moment. Thank you for all of your hard work!
    Also, maybe some more aggressive dragon type animations. Something along the lines of GTFO, I'm a dragon!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

.. heres some ideas for new emots ,,, : ) playdead . nuzzel .. eat. diveboom"flying one " wingtip scrach .. "ether ues a wing tip claw to scrach behinf the ear fins or the paw calw scraching the wing it self " "for hachling " . back flep " look behind " "" for all sizes " .. lookunder wing " ... (going to stop heres XD ) i know i cant relly exlapn it well but thow are some of the emots i can think of that may me good to see )) forgive me if me spelling was a littel off : ( )
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

oh and aother emote.. like sun bath or something like that..idk if thats possible.. for bipeds whenever u get to them sol maybe a new sitting animation for saris please and i second something done bout the flying animation.. but that may be to hard idk

From firebrand and zex's emote pack they are onthe forums somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Aywren View Post
    Wait -- dragons have dance emotes? I didn't know that! Do I need to download something for it or is it currently in game?

And to keep on topic, I agree, a stretch would be awesome!

Love the work Solitare! All the sitting positions!! The Bow!! So awesome and great of you to give some dragon emote luv....

If we use these "unofficially", do they work like Firebrand/Zex's pack and only those with this "sit" installed will see it - or does everyone see it regardless?

And agreeing with many other suggestions too - a "sleeping" look would be great! Nuzzling is a popular one *nods*, Sun bathing (guess that would be a sleeping spread-out-wing look perhaps) - so many great suggestions .

Even if some of them are never official - its nice to have variety and options to play with!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    Some more (if at all possible) in flight/sky animations. There are...two at the moment.
    Two words:
    Barrel. Roll.

And maybe some loop de loops... you know to make flying more interesting *grins* I can dream.....

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    If we use these "unofficially", do they work like Firebrand/Zex's pack and only those with this "sit" installed will see it - or does everyone see it regardless?
    The alternate sit files are purely local to your computer. You could have the canine sit on your computer, someone else has the first one I did and a third person have no alternates installed. Each would see the same dragon in a different position.

5 animations, so far, will be "official". They are bow, deep bow, stepped in it, nod yes and shake head no. I've asked that they be put up on Blight for testing and they could be up as early as tomorrow morning though I don't know when for certain. When they are, a relog will patch them and you will see them in the available emotes list.

I don't know yet what we can do for animations that are a "state" that your character is in like the sit animations. The canine sit has grown on me and I would like to refine it for use. But they work differently than emotes you trigger yourself. At the very least it would take some client work, I think. When I started playing with the idea it really was just an experiment that I liked and wanted to see what people thought of the animations. There was no internal dialog for using them when I asked if they could be made available.

What do you guys think about some of the modified combat animations that were linked up for use originally in the emote pack but found their way into official files? Specifically: Standandroar, greetemote, stand, headbutt, swat, hop and nod. I've never liked using combat animations in that manner and I don't think they really look all that good. Would you like some or all of them remade, eliminated or left alone? I already have a replacement for standandroar planned and the new "nod yes" could certainly replace the current nod, which is a dragon getting smacked slowed down.

As for flying emotes, let me give that one some thought. They are clumsy, especially when triggered while standing on the ground. Not to mention complex to make and I'm already pushing my abilities with some of the ground based ones.
    Last edited by Solitaire; November 28th, 2009 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    What do you guys think about some of the modified combat animations that were linked up for use originally in the emote pack but found their way into official files? Specifically: Standandroar, greetemote, stand, headbutt, swat, hop and nod. I've never liked using combat animations in that manner and I don't think they really look all that good. Would you like some or all of them remade, eliminated or left alone?
    They're useful for screenshots. "Standandroar" and "hop" are popular self-expression devices.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

thanks for the update sol i love the /victory for stand and roar the zex and firebrand have... also i think the drakul wrath animation looks cool if u were telling a story.. as for flying tricks they would be cool.. but would rather see an over all mod to just change the flying style..
    thanks again *gives coffee/hot cocoa what ever u prefer*

Swat and nod in particular are quite, er.. unrefined, I'll say. Hop could use a bit of fleshing out, that is a crouch and a landing, rather than the dragon suddenly being up in the air. Greetemote could use its own animation, a wing-wave, perhaps? Standandroar, headbutt, and stand are least in need of any revamping.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information