Thread: why at character creation get limited time before boot off.

Default why at character creation get limited time before boot off.

i hate that, server think you are idle or afk.
    it isnt that busy or overpopulated.

why do they booted off in middle of character's features, or even exploring details of different races and see how much it been customized.

i think it need longer time or amount of time need to select.

it happens in past and still does booting out on creation menu.

Default Re: why at character creation get limited time before boot off.

Many games do that. It's infuriating.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Strange. I've never had that problem, but then again I've never spent more than an hour or two in character creation.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Wylonus View Post
    i hate that, server think you are idle or afk.
    it isnt that busy or overpopulated.

why do they booted off in middle of character's features, or even exploring details of different races and see how much it been customized.

i think it need longer time or amount of time need to select.

it happens in past and still does booting out on creation menu.
    Lets start with the questions that are most important...
    How long have you been working in character creation?
    Have you been idle at the moment you got kicked?

It appears that ingame when I am idle or afk for 30-60 minutes on end I get kicked with a transporter error message or whatever. While it can be annoying, but lag because of constantly afk players can be annoying as well. (If this is intentional of course)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    Strange. I've never had that problem, but then again I've never spent more than an hour or two in character creation.
    Hour or two?

What in Istaria's name do some of you people do during character creation?

The longest I was ever trying to create a character was 25 minutes for my Sslik alt... All other characters were done well within 10 minutes. Even my main dragon Rvlion only took me max 10 minutes and I still play him proudly up to this day.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I think most on line games that I have played will kick you after a certain time length on character creation screen. The advantage we have in Istaria is the fact that the feature settings are numbered and you can jot down the ones you like.

When I am making a new character I expect to get booted before I figure out all the final details so keep notes while you do things. Biggest problem for me is the red backdrop for the dragons makes it hard to see the true colors. When I log that character into game it often isn't the color I thought I had. So I end up deleting character and redoing it.

Better to take your time and get things set where you are happy with them. The last biped alt I made I got to lv5 before I realized some of her features were driving me nuts. I deleted and recreated her rather then be unhappy with her looks for the next 95 levels.

Dracaena

..I think I spent HOURS building my dragon....

It is very annoying and never happened to me in the past..in game or in char creation. Its a newer occurence and happened to me twice just yesterday..in fact still have to go redo that character again.

my nephew never saw this game, and curious about making new "practice" character, i wasnt idle that long, i only idle for about 5-6 mins when my sister visited me.

that happened samething with Rohan while creating characters, i hate to be rushed.
    i picked draconian people they can shapeshift into dragons, but i never got farther than 12-14 levels.

it was just "gold spammers" drove me away.

Thread Information