Thread: Bhal'kuk Molar and Razor Teeth V

Default Bhal'kuk Molar and Razor Teeth V

Ok I do not know if this was ever brought up but for the love of the sleeper this tech comp is the rarest comp in all Istaria.

Only 1 mob the Bhal'Kuk Chieftain drops it and the drop is utterly rare. Now put a few dragons wanting to get the comps needed for the razor teeth v tech and you got a catfight waiting to happen. you need 2 of these buggers and you spend your time drenched waiting for the chieftain to spawn.

This is insanely unbearable. I can collect hundreds of jaws and toes without ever seeing one darn molar drop.

The suggestion. Make the molar drop more, Or better yet. Change the Molar comp to the Bhal'kuk toe which does drop more often and has absolutely no use.

This comp has caused many dragons to break down walls in frustration . please ease the pain for future dragons. that chance to hit is a godsend.

Default Re: Bhal'kuk Molar and Razor Teeth V

I second this.

It frustrating to hunt pratically all day, spending most of your time just WAITING for the chief to spawn. Been hunting for almost an entire day and so far I just manage to get 1, which means it probably going to take ANOTHER entire day just to get a second one required for 1 tech. And I have had other dragons visitng the area trying to kill the same mob as well for the same comp. But sadly it not possible to have two or more players going after it and generally someone has to leave.

Please for the love of all things good, either shorten the 30 min spawn time(and maybe increase the drop rate), or have all Bhal'kuk warriors atleast a chance to drop it, or just plain change the comp to something a little bit more accessible. Those toes are pretty useless at the moment.... I bet they make a nice comp for something.... *nudge nudge*

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Make the regular ones have the % chance to drop it that the chieftan currently has, then quadruple that chance on the chieftan himself (still will be rare from him)

My estimate is it takes about 20 kills to get one. He's on 15 to 20 minute respawn. so yeah, frustration level is up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Make the regular ones have the % chance to drop it that the chieftan currently has, then quadruple that chance on the chieftan himself (still will be rare from him)

My estimate is it takes about 20 kills to get one. He's on 15 to 20 minute respawn. so yeah, frustration level is up there.
    Its much higher than that and i have spent more than 30 min sometimes for him to spawn *this is known as dragon buffs last 30 min and would buff before the kill and as i wait i lose my buffs before he respawns again.*

Xanthia has been on 8 hours today NO drop.

This is no challange at all and im going to mention this before someone comes up with a smart comment like saying its a challange.

This is tedius, boring and no fun at all. There is NO challange when it come to waiting and waiting for a spawn only to down it in mere seconds . It would be more of a challange if the drop had a low rate BUT all the spawns near this chieftan could drop it.

This is not a definition of fun or a challange. No other tech requires this much commitment. all you do is go to a place that has the mobs that drop the required tech and smack em all till you get the amount you need. This one is dropped by 1 mob in the entire game which has a utterly low chance of dropping it.

so far i spent a whole week farming this one mob for this comp because i messed up my first head scale by not socketing it and putting normal stats which made me go back.

infact i find it funny. This is exactly like the chinese water torture.
    after all your in the rain for hours and hours and hours and hours.......

The drop rate of this tech comp is not going to change. It is meant to be a rare and difficult to obtain one. Not everything should drop into your lap whenever you desire it.

However, after looking at the spawn rate of the Chieftain I do believe his spawn rate was too variable (not too low, it just had a wide range to it). So with the next patch to Blight it will be tighter (i.e. he'll spawn more often).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you for at least changing the spawn time.. though the drop rate is well yah know... I have spent weeks there with a friend just constantly killing and respawning.. we got 1 molar first kill.. havent seen another since.. needless to say.. we gave up.

Meh.

I think I'll stick with Razor Teeth IV when I get up there.

Mob Camping, especially Unique Mobs, sucks.

WoW stopped doing this, for that very reason. Nobody likes doing it.

Halving the drop rate on the molar, but making it drop from the normal mobs would have produced about the same effect, but remove the Unique Mob Camping aspect of it.

If I wanted to camp a named mob for hours/weeks/months, I'd go play Evercamp or CampFantasy XI.

I actually quite enjoy the feeling of accomplishment of getting that ultra-rare item in an MMO, Dhalin. So while YOU may not like it, that does not mean that "nobody" likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I actually quite enjoy the feeling of accomplishment of getting that ultra-rare item in an MMO, Dhalin. So while YOU may not like it, that does not mean that "nobody" likes it.
    Working Hard to Get an ultra-rare item = cool.
    Sitting around for long periods of time waiting for something to spawn = not cool.

That's why I said "cut the drop rate in half, but make more mobs able to drop it". You keep it rare, but the activity in which you are doing to obtain it is a lot more... interesting? than sitting there waiting for something to pop.

IMHO anyways.

Closing this thread since people are now arguing about semantics.

Thread Information