Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

Default Re: Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

Way to scare people off of RP.... report people so there's even LESS RP going on!

-Remember when everyone made a blighted hatchie phase?

-Or the overpower phase where everyone had a character that was so non cannon or had some sort of superpower, that a cannon dragon was made to feel like a sidekick or a nobody?

-Remember the drama that ensued after that? People hating each other, threatening bans/reports whatnot, factions leaving, all that nonsense?

I believe the server is now reaping the spoils of all this. Reporting people doesn't help and it's no wonder why everyone is so quiet.

As a sidenote, I really miss Dharsii. Great character that would throw rocks at anything as a hatchie and twice as mean as an adult :P
    Most polite player of an evil dragon I've met yet and why I firmly believe that OOC communication is VERY important no matter what you're doing.

Its not reporting people for how they rp, its reporting people who harass you for very ooc reasons (I.E. People telling you to learn to play or go back to wow, just because you chose to ascend before reaching lvl 50 or because of what ever that has NOTHING to do with ic things.
    These types will actualy cause more folks to quit the game tahn those who report them. Hard to tell others the Istaria has one of the best communities out there when everytime you log in someone saying nasty things to you in tells :/

Shian, I was referring to a person who is OOCly HARASSING other players for NO adequate reason. This has nothing to do with RP, this has to do with players harassing and angering other players to the point of them not wanting to play anymore. Did you read Atlanna's post? :/ She put them on ignore and they're STILL getting to her by guilt-tripping her friends just because they associate with her. You don't think thats a problem?

Yes, I remember that phase, that time. What I don't remember is it being that bad OOCly until things started to drag on, stagnate, and just generally get to the point where people were tired of said characters never changing, which was precisely what my points were in my large post earlier. None of the IC issues were really resolved and in the end it just caused the whole place to crash down at once. I regret having any part in those worser times, but thats why I've changed my character and made her rather inactive. -x-Shrugs.-x-

In the end, yeah, we're reaping the benefits of it, I think we're all rather aware of that fact. Question is, what are we going to do about it now? Bellyaching isn't working, switching games certainly isn't working, so? And hey, if getting one harasser banned or at least silenced means bringing back two or three other players (RPers), I don't see the problem. It would bring more RP, which was one of your points, and for myself and others, it would bring back friends. Might very well even mean less drama, if its either of the two people I suspect it to be.

My own sidenote: Oh yeah, OOC communication is paramount to keeping RPs fun and, for the most part, civil. Sigvard is proof of that.
    Last edited by Xepher; December 8th, 2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Spelling error. OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    (I.E. People telling you to learn to play or go back to wow, just because you chose to ascend before reaching lvl 50
    People actually STILL do this??? I've seen a few such players on Unity a loooong time ago. The self-righteous elitist types that judge others from their ivory towers... just because you play how you want, and not how they want. But they were a small minority, and I haven't seen those characters since Unity closed down. At least they aren't playing on Chaos.

I have a lvl 20 hatchy, I plan to make him a Helian some day, and as I have played a Lunus dragon for... over four years, I probably won't wait till 50 to ascend. Does that make me a noob?

Can't say how life is on Order or Blight, but on Chaos I have plenty of things to do, by myself or with others.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Or I could tell Leonea and Heather that you're being wishy washy, Atlanna. I can get you pounced in no time!

Besides, everything works out in the end. It's just a matter of where you allow that end to be.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Ahael View Post
    People actually STILL do this??? I've seen a few such players on Unity a loooong time ago. The self-righteous elitist types that judge others from their ivory towers... just because you play how you want, and not how they want. But they were a small minority, and I haven't seen those characters since Unity closed down. At least they aren't playing on Chaos.

I have a lvl 20 hatchy, I plan to make him a Helian some day, and as I have played a Lunus dragon for... over four years, I probably won't wait till 50 to ascend. Does that make me a noob?

Can't say how life is on Order or Blight, but on Chaos I have plenty of things to do, by myself or with others.

As far as I've seen, nobody really does this anymore, no. I almost had my dragon ascend around 30 something levels, but IC influence convinced her to wait til 50 and get the special scales. Nobody pressured me OOCly and I've not seen anything of the sort myself in the year+ I've been playing.

In the case of Order, I only think its ever been an 'issue' because it is an RP shard and most older players/elder dragons prefer for the hatchlings to uphold dragon traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahael View Post
    People actually STILL do this??? .
    I've not witnessed it in a long while myself, I was just trying to use an example that I experienced myself. It was reall bad a few years ago, several people quit because of it, myself included. Tho Im one of the very very few that came back later.

It still crops up from time to time but it never last long nor does it get as bad as in the past.

As for trying to start something, I often did. My characters are not evil nor nasty and even though one is not shy, she was often ignored. I tried to worm my way into things with her and it did work for some (and those some became my friends! <3) but otherwise I was not noticed unless I said something to get someone's blood boilin'.

This all refers to lately, and in no way do I mean to offend those that I RP'd with in the past, because let me tell you those were good times.

I had to take a break. This is supposed to be fun... not maddeningly boring, depressing and work. I've done a ton of work already. I need a break.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    As for trying to start something, I often did. My characters are not evil nor nasty and even though one is not shy, she was often ignored. I tried to worm my way into things with her and it did work for some (and those some became my friends! <3) but otherwise I was not noticed unless I said something to get someone's blood boilin'.

This all refers to lately, and in no way do I mean to offend those that I RP'd with in the past, because let me tell you those were good times.

I had to take a break. This is supposed to be fun... not maddeningly boring, depressing and work. I've done a ton of work already. I need a break.
    Yeah... I know what you mean, Nam. I didn't really want a game to become my fulltime job and stress source, but then... I don't really want to give up on it and move on either. I love this place too much, that I think I'd be more miserable if I didn't feel like I was at least trying.

Know that you'll still have me and others if and when you decide to come back <3

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Or I could tell Leonea and Heather that you're being wishy washy, Atlanna. I can get you pounced in no time!

Besides, everything works out in the end. It's just a matter of where you allow that end to be.
    OH SNAP!

Yeah you're right. I thought about what I had said and realized I...was being no better then the person that's causing me problems. DOH! And for trying to convince myself to walk away so many times, I sure do come back alot.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Quote Originally Posted by A'Sasha View Post
    OH SNAP!

Yeah you're right. I thought about what I had said and realized I...was being no better then the person that's causing me problems. DOH! And for trying to convince myself to walk away so many times, I sure do come back alot.
    We'd miss you if you didn't =P

Mostly Susurrus and a little bit of Aucapoma has been trying to sloooooowly wiggle into a bit of role-playing.

I don't like drama, but I have occasionally attacked kneecaps.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Well I've seen this cycle come and go several times over the life of the game - Good Rp gets really active, a few bad eggs come in, drama ensures, the RP blows up, people break and/or leave the game entirely...crickets for months to years...

And then it all tries agin.

And I remain. Continuing to look for RP in any form - but unable to make any commitments to sticking around unless I can be given some type of schedule (i.e. Monday and Tuesday nights...). Otherwise I get so far behind I'm regulated to nada-to participate and just to hear about it on the sidelines.

I'd love to get active in RP again - but my plotlines died out long ago with the first crash of the active RP family. Now I am overjoyed to be able to join others who run the story - whenever that may happen again..

It would also help to have a single chatroom to hangout for the RP - that I KNOW is going to be active - I can certainly bring back KCERoleplay - but I still have open Union RP room and several other chatrooms that over the last yera were suppose to become "active RP" rooms and just never did..

It doesn't need to happen in Dragon, certainly not if its an ongoing storyline - as that would just get too confusing and too in-the-way for those in dragon using it for its OTHER purpose (as they have a right to do...).

I can get in game mon/tues and fri/saturday nights (fri/saturday until 10 central - othernights I can be in prime time). I'd love to help develop anyone's storylines. I just beg for no god-dragons and I don't want to be sidelined to serve a prima donna dragon who must have all action include, and be about, them...

RP stories must evolve - they must move forward - because yes stagnant is boring. RP drama is fine - the pull of good vs. evil is fine - and all can be done without negativity and "bad" drama.

If I can help with any of this please let me know - I just have to have a schedule to work with because I can't be on every night at any time.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Smile Re: Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    - but I still have open Union RP room
    Are you speaking about "Union Vale RP"? I've been banned from this RP channel.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Are you speaking about "Union Vale RP"? I've been banned from this RP channel.
    Union Vale was made by Vhazshyn, I believe. Different room.

I was speaking of Union Vale RP (I couldn't remember the 2nd word). Nor do I even remember who created it a couple months ago.

Why were you banned? I'm happy to unban you - I've logged in a couple times in the last two weks and I'm the only one in the room so..I have the power lol. So not sur eit would matter since it seems to be dead but long as you don't act like a peon I'll unban you .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

There were a strict set of roleplay rules that came with Union Vale, and LungTien simply did not comply if I recall, the channel was also invite-only. I'm not exactly sure about now, as I don't see her around much nowadays... o_O I don't even go in there anymore, as it was pretty dead after a month or two. D:

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Veya View Post
    o_O I don't even go in there anymore, as it was pretty dead after a month or two. D:
    I think that can happen when the rules are strict.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    I think that can happen when the rules are strict.

Untrue.

It happens when most of the active users are either gone/on hiatus, and RP itself doesn't happen too much anymore.

I meant, I think that more the players are on a RP channel, less are the chances for this channel to be empty

Thread Information