So, I have this old, old laptop (800 Mhz Athlon-M if I recall, barely runs WinXP) and I am giving thoughts to upgrading it.

I want something that can play Istaria comfortably, but yet I don't want to plunk down the huge bucks for a "gaming" laptop.

I don't care if I only get 30 or so FPS with Istaria, I just want it to be able to run the game in general.

I'm looking to spend between $800-$1200 USD, preferrably more towards the $800 range.

I don't have a lot of experience with Laptops, the aforementioned laptop being my first serious one.

I normally build my own desktops, so I stray away from factory-makes, though sadly that is difficult (if not impossible?) to do with laptops.

I would also prefer to buy locally (instead of shipping it) from a well-known store chain (maybe even Wal-Mart, but I dunno how good HP Laptops are, which is mostly what they sell last I checked).

As far as what the thing has in it, I don't really care, as long as it has an RJ45 LAN port (and not wireless). CD/DVD Burner, etc, are purely optional. As long as it has the CPU/RAM to do Istaria and the HDD space to hold it, it will likely be good enough.

Any insight/advice/thoughts would be nice, thanks!