Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Flying for everyone!

Default Re: Flying for everyone!

My short two cents:

Riding, obviously, won't happen for a number of reasons.

I think being able to carry a biped in one's foreclaws (or mouth -- eeek!) would be nice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaquion View Post
    My short two cents:

Riding, obviously, won't happen for a number of reasons.

I think being able to carry a biped in one's foreclaws (or mouth -- eeek!) would be nice, though.
    Well the game mechanics are the same - so in reality if riding can't happen, carrying can't happen either. Game mechanics being equal (i.e. its not possible for one character (or any game entity - NPCs included) to attach itself/move with another that way).

Now if we're just talking for fun - lore wise - then yes carrying would make at least a tiny bit more sense...lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

are you sure? I mean PWI has suprised me by the character interactions i've seen. *cackles hysterically* i even kissed my female guild leader in game. heheh i could carry her and fly with her ...... i can go on but the point is it can happen, but it seems it not a choice we can make, or is it?

PWI?

(apparently that's not enough characters to post...)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

the full name of the game is, brace for it, it is a long name: Perfect World International. lol

I have a few characters on PWI, Hawkman. Well...quite a few, actually, (I am an altaholic). Raging Tide server. Which server do you play?

I play on the Arcosaur Server... unless you were referring to Istara then it's the order server lol. this is a liitle off-topic though just Private message me plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman007 View Post
    I play on the Arcosaur Server... unless you were referring to Istara then it's the order server lol. this is a liitle off-topic though just Private message me plz.
    You do know it is highly off topic to talk about another game like this...

Btw I still dont agree with flying for all.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

So what exactly has that anything to do with what you can do in PWI?

PWI is not Istaria. I highly doubt (like 99% doubtage) they are the same engine. So what you can do there has absolultey nothing to do with what you can do here.

I *believe* (again unless a dev comes in a verifies this its just going on memory of a dev comment a few years old lol) that the engine simply doesn't allow character "binding" (the way I think of it, if you are sitting on or carried then you are attached to another character in a signficant way of interaction...) like that. Its why we don't have ANY type of mounts - NPC horses or mules or wagons or *anything*. The engine just doesn't work that way. Wether its being carried or doing the carrying, it just won't do it - it isn't capable of it.

Again, unless a dev explains or comments on it I could be remembering it wrong.

But what you can do in PWI really has no relevance to what you can do here. I can do tons of things in other games I can't do here.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

your right, the game has a crap engine, but it has dragons, so i just really can't complain can i? even so i will always love this game, even if it sucks to some extent, i love the community.

Blog Entries

Actually Istaria has a good engine, when you realize how old it is, what it stood in front of, and how long it has survived.
    Even if you see the engine as 'crap', at least you can say we are the most strong hold player-base.

I think not even a earthquake could shake us off this game.

However, yes, the engine doesn't support mounts, then again, I never understood the big deal about mounts anyhow. Even games that provided them, I never used them.
    Call me old fashion, but why do you need mounts anyhow? Just so you can go faster? Cast a Speed 5 on yourself and there you go!

Heh, I'm one of the opposite types of people - I love having mounts (and I use them in games even when it makes me go slower just because I love riding lol). I find it more boring to run around myself, and prefer to be mounted on something. Makes me feel more..into the game or..something...

And not all games have speed buffs, sometimes its either "Run real slow on foot" or "run 50-100% faster mounted". So in such games its a HUGE difference.

But no if I"m a dragon I dont' need a mount - just sayin .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Heh, I'm one of the opposite types of people - I love having mounts (and I use them in games even when it makes me go slower just because I love riding lol). I find it more boring to run around myself, and prefer to be mounted on something. Makes me feel more..into the game or..something...

And not all games have speed buffs, sometimes its either "Run real slow on foot" or "run 50-100% faster mounted". So in such games its a HUGE difference.

But no if I"m a dragon I dont' need a mount - just sayin .
    Heehhee..

Dragon, riding a human, there you go!
    The true Lunus way!

Quote Originally Posted by neva View Post
    Heehhee..

The true Lunus way!
    In some strange, wierd way I love it...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by neva View Post
    Heehhee..

The true Lunus way!
    *giggles* i'd be willing to try carrying a dragon! i wonder how far i could toss one? as opposed to extreme dwarf tossing...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    *giggles* i'd be willing to try carrying a dragon! i wonder how far i could toss one? as opposed to extreme dwarf tossing...
    That could be a new sport!
    Extreme Tossing!

If it doesn't break your back, your not doing it right.

Dozens of little gnomes carrying my dragon upon a golden lined litter through the streets of town. My dragon could get into that.

Quote Originally Posted by skott_karlsson View Post
    Dozens of little gnomes carrying my dragon upon a golden lined litter through the streets of town. My dragon could get into that.
    oooh! a new contraption to design! *gets an excited glint in her eye and sets to work*
    let's see... start with the cargo disk design... i wonder how small of a space dragons can fold up to fit in?
    hmmm.... some of them might need air holes, too...

Now that sounds like something worth altering an engine for...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information