Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flying for everyone!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rent a dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    The option to rent a dragon has nothing to do with players. It's an NPC which you give coin or specific items to get a dragon.

I think it would be a good idea to have an NPC which gives you buffs too.

It used to be that players earned money to buff. It's been long ago that I saw any players do this.
    Rent-a-cop what?

I am actually really against the idea of bipeds flying and for that matter having where you could 'rent' a dragon as a mount. For one thing as character personalities go, I am sure a Lunus Dragon rather eat someone for even trying to fly on them and a Helian /may/ allow the concept, but I highly doubt it as it would be seen as very degrading.
    Cause then the Dragon could ask you, "So-- if you could ride on my back, couldn't I ride on yours? How would you like that?"

Besides, as the engine goes, I highly doubt Istaria can handle the idea of mounts, as the idea of mounts/riding on fellow players has been talked about over and over again.
    It really can't be done and I as a player, don't see the point of it.

Because honestly, there is no reason for mounts when you have so many portals that go about everywhere!
    Also, if you want to fly, Play a dragon. Not that hard, if anything I find Dragons a bit easier to play then a bipedal, and yes-- I play both.

Default Re: Flying for everyone!

the day that bipeds fly is the day that EPION gets a player kill ability !

you want a ride /pk on
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephan27 View Post
    I've heard Dragons i they would really exist they required hellium to fly and made it in there tummy, so why no give the other races a hellium balloon to fly with, which will eventuallly be empty and then you fall down to ground and 150 death points for to high fall. Just an idea.
    That is not how dragons in Istaria are able to fly :-) and I doubt any races of Istaria (even gnomes) have any idea what helium is.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Quote Originally Posted by neva View Post
    Rent-a-cop what?

I am actually really against the idea of bipeds flying and for that matter having where you could 'rent' a dragon as a mount. For one thing as character personalities go, I am sure a Lunus Dragon rather eat someone for even trying to fly on them and a Helian /may/ allow the concept, but I highly doubt it as it would be seen as very degrading.
    Cause then the Dragon could ask you, "So-- if you could ride on my back, couldn't I ride on yours? How would you like that?"

Besides, as the engine goes, I highly doubt Istaria can handle the idea of mounts, as the idea of mounts/riding on fellow players has been talked about over and over again.
    It really can't be done and I as a player, don't see the point of it.

Because honestly, there is no reason for mounts when you have so many portals that go about everywhere!
    Also, if you want to fly, Play a dragon. Not that hard, if anything I find Dragons a bit easier to play then a bipedal, and yes-- I play both.
    You clearly didn't read my post and just skimmed over some things you thought to read.

I clearly stated it would be dragons rented at an NPC. There is absolutly no speech about players mounting each other.

Blog Entries

You clearly didn't read my post and just skimmed over some things you thought to read.

I clearly stated it would be dragons rented at an NPC. There is absolutly no speech about players mounting each other.
    Actually I did, however again, my post still stands.
    I look at the respective from an NPC if it was a character and since Istaria, dragons are not just dumb creatures, but very intelligent beings, that be their attitude on the subject.
    --> "So-- if you could ride on my back, couldn't I ride on yours? How would you like that?" <---

I didn't mean it by a player and player thing, I meant it over all by NPCs attitudes and personalities.

Dragons NPCs, wouldn't have it.
    It be degrading to them and they would never lower themselves to such a level. If you ever talked to a bunch of dragon NPCs, you figure that out real quick.

[quote=neva;241861]Actually I did, however again, my post still stands.
    I look at the respective from an NPC if it was a character and since Istaria, dragons are not just dumb creatures, but very intelligent beings, that be their attitude on the subject.
    quote]

I clearly stated that it would be a spell cast on the dragon I never even mentioned anything about their intelligence because that is already clearly mentioned in this games lore.

There is also clearly noted that there were dragons that saw some kind of threat comming from the bipeds which would come out clear in this spell.

Are you implying that they mind control the dragon? If so... that might uhm... cause a war of sorts or at least a sudden retraction from any interactions with the biped races. Though on the idea of dragon riding I doubt it would be too degrading to carry friends in their paws if they want to take them somewhere quickly that isn't linked to by a portal. Since... carrying in the paws would be far different from riding on the back...
    Achiever 13.33%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 46.67%, Socializer 86.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkjen View Post
    Are you implying that they mind control the dragon? If so... that might uhm... cause a war of sorts or at least a sudden retraction from any interactions with the biped races. Though on the idea of dragon riding I doubt it would be too degrading to carry friends in their paws if they want to take them somewhere quickly that isn't linked to by a portal. Since... carrying in the paws would be far different from riding on the back...
    Carrying a biped in the paws of a dragon...? That'd be a good compromise between the two racetypes, should the game be able to handle such a thing. As a dragon player myself, I think that'd be a good idea. Dragons could also carry around hatchlings that way too, hehe.

Efinarcai Guarisart and Kyatra Dahk-- Order Server

That's the thing, though... mobile NPCs, as per other notes on the forum, are extremely difficult to accomplish... and mobile dragons are "people". They're not animals, they're players.

And by the lore, I suspect even the most waterblooded Helian would have problems with being mind-controlled to go where the Naka wanted to go.

Now, I could see dragons being willing to tow bipeds as "cargo" on a flying cargo disk...
    Last edited by Kesqui; February 25th, 2010 at 08:47 PM.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

I think it wouldn't have to be a mobile NPC as this could be the ability of dragon flight with a different graphic set.

Ofcourse this could be introduced as a curse which in the end was an attempt of the blight to create a wedge between dragons and bipeds.

The curse could be removed by and cleanse teched spell or purify.

The NPC could be a shady figure.

Keep in mind I also play dragon and biped. This is just an idea which would be nice to talk about.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

keeping the mechanics out of it, i would not be in favour of any sort of dragon riding, whether by players or by npcs.
    dragons are a noble race and being used as 'pack mules' is totally demeaning, and against lore to boot.

if the gods deem it so (very very unlikely even if it could be done), i personally would never request transport from a dragon friend, nor would i ever volunteer mourningwood to be a mount, unless to a very dear friend in dire need.

i think it all comes down to envy, if not outright jealousy. again, just personally, i am okay with vel being able to do things mw can't, just as i am okay with mw being able to go places and have abilities vel doesn't. its a great big wide world with lots of options. and no one should be able to do everything.....

so, once again i say - flying is for draggies, all others must hoof it.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    keeping the mechanics out of it, i would not be in favour of any sort of dragon riding, whether by players or by npcs.
    dragons are a noble race and being used as 'pack mules' is totally demeaning, and against lore to boot.

if the gods deem it so (very very unlikely even if it could be done), i personally would never request transport from a dragon friend, nor would i ever volunteer mourningwood to be a mount, unless to a very dear friend in dire need.

i think it all comes down to envy, if not outright jealousy. again, just personally, i am okay with vel being able to do things mw can't, just as i am okay with mw being able to go places and have abilities vel doesn't. its a great big wide world with lots of options. and no one should be able to do everything.....

so, once again i say - flying is for draggies, all others must hoof it.

I could not have said it better so well said agreed.

Dimmae

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Compromise: the ability to ride a dragon.

But that won't happen either. -_-
    I totally agree...it's the perfect solution yes?

Just my opinion....

Dimmi

Quote Originally Posted by ConveyusPrime View Post
    Carrying a biped in the paws of a dragon...? That'd be a good compromise between the two racetypes, should the game be able to handle such a thing. As a dragon player myself, I think that'd be a good idea. Dragons could also carry around hatchlings that way too, hehe.
    I aggree, altough making npc dragon mounts would be a little too much, but still if dragons players could just do that on there own free will, it would be handy. I mean I am still a hatchie so I ask a lot of directions and I always wonder if those dragons wouldn't just want to bring me there, drop me without parachute and go back to the things they were doing.

I aggree, altough making npc dragon mounts would be a little too much, but still if dragons players could just do that on there own free will, it would be handy. I mean I am still a hatchie so I ask a lot of directions and I always wonder if those dragons wouldn't just want to bring me far away from the coast above water, drop me without parachute and go back to the things they were doing.
    Made a minor fix to your post...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I aggree, altough making npc dragon mounts would be a little too much, but still if dragons players could just do that on there own free will, it would be handy. I mean I am still a hatchie so I ask a lot of directions and I always wonder if those dragons wouldn't just want to bring me there, drop me without parachute and go back to the things they were doing.
    Brilliant! I couldn't agree more!

Thumbs up Re: Flying for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ConveyusPrime View Post
    yes this is a great compromise!

let me put something here that the older players would reconize simply as

IEA D'NA SCOV!!!

keir chet elierten would understand this very well.

/IC on try to ride and your going to end up laying head first in a murk crab pool. or better yet where blight hounds are... or better dead somewhere... /IC off

dragons should not be ride able in my opinion as its just not how things should be done as the game cannot support it not only that but its demeaning even if it is NPC dragons its still demeaning as it is still the dragon kind doing the ferrying of people.

on another note, you have legs so walk or run or use the teleoport nuff said.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Quote Originally Posted by venom-dragon7799 View Post
    let me put something here that the older players would reconize simply as

IEA D'NA SCOV!!!

keir chet elierten would understand this very well.

/IC on try to ride and your going to end up laying head first in a murk crab pool. or better yet where blight hounds are... or better dead somewhere... /IC off

dragons should not be ride able in my opinion as its just not how things should be done as the game cannot support it not only that but its demeaning even if it is NPC dragons its still demeaning as it is still the dragon kind doing the ferrying of people.

on another note, you have legs so walk or run or use the teleoport nuff said.
    I 100% agree!!!
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Even if the engine would allow it (Istaria 2 anyone?), I wouldn't even consider this an option unless dragons were allowed to multclass to be on par with uberpeds. Dragons are dragons, Bipeds are bipeds. There are perks and downfalls to them both.

Thread Information