Thread: Arrrrgh. What's with Firefox + Win7?

Default Arrrrgh. What's with Firefox + Win7?

Okay, this is really annoying.

I have this *huge* computer, able to run the latest graphic-intensive games.

I can spring WoW to life within seconds, I've got a *powerful* quad-core CPU, I've got 8 gigs of RAM, I'm pretty good to go, I'd think.

But wait... here's Firefox.

Some reason, when I double-click Firefox's icon, the thing is instantly there. Cool. But... wait. The thing just sits there, for 20+ seconds, and won't let me click on any buttons? I can mouse over the UI elements on the screen and nothing happens? I can click anywhere in the window and it is basically a dead window, until about 20 seconds later before it starts responding?

Arrrgh.

Firefox never did this Pre-Win7... I'm not sure why it is doing it now. *Nothing* short of graphic-intensive games takes no 20 seconds to load. It is a freaking HTML web browser, there's no _reason_ it should take 20 seconds to load something that simple by today's standards.

And the kicker is, I can already have a Firefox window up, open another and it, too, refuses to respond to anything for nearly 5-10 seconds, even though I already had a copy of it running (usually, it'd pop up quicker if you already had one running).

I'm not really running anything in the background, and none of my other programs do this. I've loaded larger, more CPU-intensive apps faster than this, so I don't get what's the deal with Firefox....

As far as Addons, the only two I run are AdBlock and NoScript... and I have the home page set to the default: Google.

Default Re: Arrrrgh. What's with Firefox + Win7?

I use firefox exclusively and never have this issue with win 7.
    Click icon, wait 2-5 seconds, window opens and off i go.

Try disabling the firefox plugins (including toolbars) and set your home page to a blank page. If it works now then it is a plugin or toolbar causing the issue.

Make sure you have the latest firefox...mine is 3.5.5

Also I have some weird issues with my guilds website where I have clear the cookies and the cache to be able to log in to it. Might be worth a try

If all of that fails try uninstalling and reinstalling firefox
    Sounjah <Strata> of Order
    60 Carpenter - 45 Fletcher - 28 Blacksmith - 23 Outfitter 31 Ranger - 21 Druid - 21 Cleric - 21 Scout
    RedStorm <Strata> of Order Dragon Hatchling

Thread Information