Thread: Dec 7: Server Problems

Default Dec 7: Server Problems

It appears that one of the world servers did not start up correctly after the patch to Blight today.

I've let our database administrator know, so when he gets the message he can hopefully find out why and fix it. Some (possibly all) players will have difficulty logging in to Blight until this is fixed.

I apologize for the delay in letting people dive in to test the new content.

Default Re: Dec 7: Server Problems

Thank You Glad to know its not my computers.

Exclamation Re: Dec 7: Server Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    It appears that one of the world servers did not start up correctly after the patch to Blight today.

I've let our database administrator know, so when he gets the message he can hopefully find out why and fix it. Some (possibly all) players will have difficulty logging in to Blight until this is fixed.

I apologize for the delay in letting people dive in to test the new content.
    i was able to load my dragon character just fine without any issue... however I couldn't load my biped character on at all
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

the unfinished ore refinery east of chiconis and west of selen at the silver ore is that due to the server problems too?
    I dont see it in the patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by Andurel View Post
    the unfinished ore refinery east of chiconis and west of selen at the silver ore is that due to the server problems too?
    I dont see it in the patch notes
    No, that is due to the revamp.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Any idea how much longer till Blight is back up perhaps before 9pm EST ?

Repeating post from the Announcements just so everyone knows...

We sincerely apologize to the members of the Blight community, but in order to repair the issues with the majority of characters on Blight which began yesterday there had to be a rollback of the server. This means that anyone who was able to log in and play since the delta yesterday will find that the state of their characters, plots, etc, is as it was as of yesterday afternoon when Blight went down for the delta.

There was an error in applying delta 176 which was the cause of problems with characters being able to log in. In order to ensure that this was properly tested and able to be applied to our live servers in the future, we had to roll back Blight to the point that it was at before this delta was applied. The team then fixed the error and has re-applied the delta to Blight, so it is now there and ready to be tested, and all characters should once again work properly.

Velea you beat me by 2 mins on your post for that Ill send you all my snow to you up there, but Blight still shows down for me, any idea when it will be up before 9pm e.s.t or so ?

ok revamp I can understand.
    I can log in again, but the machines are still broken.
    Do you really want us to rebuild them?
    Is it not very easy for you to build them for us?
    I need 20k silver bars for my lair, but I am not the only dragon who needs silver. Most of us wont like this. It will take me a couple of days.
    I am an old player and love this game. Been here from January 2004, but if each time you revamp I have to rebuild machines ....... hmm dont know.

You have to rebuild those machines because they are part of the area that is being revamped. The machines in other areas of the world do not need to be rebuilt because they aren't part of the revamp. Simple as that.

Thumbs down Re: Dec 7: Server Problems

Well that was lovely... a little more empathy would go down well methinks.

Nia : Blight Shard : CotT Guild

Thread Information