Thread: Customer Launcher skin "Draconis Nex"

Arrow Customer Launcher skin "Draconis Nex"

Titled: "Draconis Nex" Layout
    Click here for the example
    Experienced users: you may also save the code and image directly as LauncherPic.bmp and LauncherSkin.txt into the '.\Istaria\Launcher\' directory, and bypass the load layout process.

- - - Instructions - - -
    1. Right-click and save the picture from the link below to a folder anywhere in your computer as "LauncherPic.PNG" --OR-- "LauncherPic" as a PNG file type.
    Click here to save the Image LauncherPic.png

2. Copy and paste the text shown in the CODE: box into a notepad file, and save that in the same folder you saved the picture to... it doesn't matter what the name is for this file.
    Code:
    Foreground (Text) Red=255
    Foreground (Text) Green=255
    Foreground (Text) Blue=255
    Foreground (Error Text) Red=255
    Foreground (Error Text) Green=255
    Foreground (Error Text) Blue=255
    Background Red=43
    Background Green=50
    Background Blue=51
    Transparent Backgrounds for Panels (overrides background color given above)=yes
    Transparent Backgrounds for Buttons (overrides background color given above)=yes
    Application Start Position X=304
    Application Start Position Y=217
    Main Info Window X=239
    Main Info Window Y=121
    Back Button X=266
    Back Button Y=422
    Play Button X=381
    Play Button Y=422
    Exit Button X=496
    Exit Button Y=422
    Top Info Bar X=185
    Top Info Bar Y=8
    Minimize Box X=545
    Minimize Box Y=7
    Small Close Box X=570
    Small Close Box Y=7
    Application (Background Image) Width=640
    Application (Background Image) Height=480
    Background Image (Must be in Launcher folder, no Path accepted)=LauncherPic.png
    3. Load the Istaria Launcher and click Customize->Load Layout, and find the folder you saved both the picture and .TXT file to, then choose the TXT file as the "Loaded layout"

NOTE: If you have a current layout you would like to back up before applying this layout, please go to your Istaria folder and copy LauncherSkin.txt and LauncherPic.bmp from that folder to another BEFORE overwriting them with these.
    Average default directory for this is C:\Program Files\Istaria\Launcher\

Prompt: You should receive a prompt to overwrite LauncherSkin.txt, and LauncherPic.bmp, click yes to both of these.

The picture should automatically be loaded with the right positions for the layout itself.

Enjoy, everyone! If you're interested in this, I may post many more for you all!

- Veltic Dracxen of 'Chaos'

Default Re: Customer Launcher skin "Draconis Nex"

cool picture

This is great, Veltic! I'll have to try this out when I get home! Thanks so much for sharing.

Cool stuff, thanks for your work.

There is a way to randomize it with the default skin if you don't want to get rid of it.

1) Create a folder called DraconisNex in ..\Istaria\Launcher\skins

2) Add Veltic's LaunchPic.png and LaunchSkin.txt in this new folder

3) Create a Randomize.txt file in ..\Istaria\Launcher

4) With the notepad, write the following lines in the Randomize.txt

Code:
    Launcher\skins\DraconisNex\LauncherSkin.txt
    The "1" means you only have 1 skin to randomize. Default folder doesn't count and is automatically added.

If you have more skins, you just have to add their path in the Randomize.txt and increment the number.
    For exemple:

Launcher\skins\DraconisNex\LauncherSkin.txt
    Launcher\skins\Skin1\LauncherSkin.txt
    Launcher\skins\Skin2\LauncherSkin.txt
    Launcher\skins\Skin3\LauncherSkin.txt
    Launcher\skins\Skin4\LauncherSkin.txt
    5) Save the Randomize.txt and enjoy.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thanks for the tip Firebrand! I'll keep that in mind, and implement it to my posts for my future layouts.

I now have 2 more layouts ready to go. I may release them soon... I'm not sure if I should wait a bit, or just release them now.

"Valde Ignis" (Great Fire)
    "Altivolus Noctis" (Soaring by Night)

wow that first one is awesome... so release the next ones.. release them release them.. let them be freeeeeeeeee. oh sorry. got carried away a bit.. just looking forward to seeing the next gorgeous examples.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Wow, very cool Veltic! I might very well use this.

Out of curiosity, is the art done by you?

I have creative techniques of putting the pictures together, and an artistic eye for what I can blend together, add to, edit the appearance of, extend, and all... but I don't hand-draw the art in the pictures myself.

I used to do a lot of skin design for a previous game I used to play, and obtained a nice word of reputation from it all... it's sad that the game has gone under, but I feel at home here, and glad to be around you all, and share my creativity with you all

It might be a good idea to provide a link to the original artwork, as I'm assuming you got these (this one and the other two you've since posted) off DeviantArt because I've seen all three on that site. Just in the interest of giving the artists credit. :P

Nice work though, I can tell you know what you're doing with these.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I used to do that and give credit to every location I found an image from... but when it came down to someone (not from istaria) mentioning they knew where that image came from, and the location I got it from was completely different, it became an arguing 3 page long hassle about copyrights.

I looked into it and found out I don't have to give credit if I'm not using it for commercial use. For me, it's all fun and personal education anyway... I don't claim any of the pictures in the images even if I make them myself.

I actually didn't get any of the images from deviantart... they're placed all over the internet.
    Here are the links of the two new main images (other images are in the pictures too, but there are a LOT of those):
    http://princesse33.free.fr/Dragons/D..._Wallpaper.jpg
    http://3spades.net/dump/Dragon.png

I can't seem to find where I got the first one. =/

Thread Information