Thread: OMG only 7 Days Left...

Default OMG only 7 Days Left...

....until I don't have to hear any more stupid Christmas Music, until next year.

Seriously.

Who out there thought it was such a great idea to play nothing but Christmas Music 24/7, starting MID-NOVEMBER when Christmas isn't even until the End of December?

Ugh.

I could understand one song in every 5 being Christmas or something, but this 24/7 wall-to-wall Christmas needs to stop. More radio stations than I would care to, are doing it, and it is annoying.

Do they stop to Think about those poor people working Retail who have to put up with this for a month and a half? Honestly.. the stuff actually turns you Off on Christmas, to where you're sick and tired of Santa Claus, Rudolph and Frosty the Freaking Snowman.

I just want Dec.25 to roll around so I get a day off work, and so I can stop hearing about Christmas altogether.

Default Re: OMG only 7 Days Left...

I feel better now that I know I'm not the only person who thinks like this about Christmas music.
    I just lost the game.

You should come to holland and live here then...
    In november we get Sinterklaas (sort of a thin santa claus) with a steamboat from spain and according to what the children are told he leaves after his birthday on the 5th of December and after that the radio channels have a green light for the christmas carols.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

november!!!!! come to michigan - local stations have been playing them since before holloween.....

i hate xmas music.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

ugh! Tell me about it! Thankfuly I listen to the only radio channel in the area that doesnt play christmas music.. save for the occasional dirty parody. We've been playing christmas music at work since early october... heck we had christmas stuff out before we started putting out halloween! D: And working in electronics...*cries* I've litteraly seen the Grinch who stole christmas over 100 times this week alone..

And people wonder why anybody in retail is so "Bah Humbug" ... its like 'duh... I work in retail, why do you think I hate xmas?'

Xmas music since before Halloween? *shudder* Middle of November is bad enough....

This xmas insanity on tv and radio makes me really happy that I decided long ago to stop watching/hearing it and since 1999 I have no tv/radio.
    Same thing (and even crazier) is about carneval here in germany. It starts in january and goes to Ash Wednesday in mid february.
    When I like to hear music i do it with webradio, since the bandwidth is strong enough to do it.

You can chose what stream you want to hear and so there is never a xmas/carneval song!!
    And even no commercials/news.

And i can change the streams according to the mood I am in.
    When the internet isnt available i take my mp3 collection.

But during those pre-festival weeks I wont go without my mp3-player.

So I can fully sympathize with you guys!
    But try to change something. If the Grinch grinched into your stomach once to often, why not change that? Simply to save that dvd (and your nerves)...
    There are so many xmas movies out there. (eg. some very good versions of cinderella or some funny movies.)

So to all who are annoyed out there....Hang on, it soon will be over!!!

And to everyone: HAPPY HOLLIDAYS

As a kid, my mom would have us clean the house in the winter. All winter. Having a good idea but poor execution, she'd put on music. Horribly cheery Christmas music. I learned to hate it at a young age.

So far... I've done just awesome.

I bought all my gifts online so no horrid store music

The person I'm living with knows my stance on this stuff, so so far I've gone five years without that horrible noise that makes me quite violent. (Not only did I work retail, but I was Customer Service!)

Except I'm going to my parents' house on the 20th, so I'm probably going to get 5 days of it >.< YUUUCCCKKK!

And seven days until Doctor Who!
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

i go crazy hearing christmas music all the time. i can tolerate rock christmas music like if Joe Walsh made one....

but i stick to AC/DC, Metallica, the hard stuff ya know. headbanger's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    i go crazy hearing christmas music all the time. i can tolerate rock christmas music like if Joe Walsh made one....

but i stick to AC/DC, Metallica, the hard stuff ya know. headbanger's stuff.
    Good, good.

I like to throw in even some newer stuff... esp Dragonforce. hehe.

Yes, yes, yes, I know some people *hate* Dragonforce, but I can't help it. Fire and Flames is just an epic song.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Good, good.

Yes, yes, yes, I know some people *hate* Dragonforce, but I can't help it. Fire and Flames is just an epic song.

YUCK. to me, their music sounds horrible. eeeuuugh. can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    YUCK. to me, their music sounds horrible. eeeuuugh. can't stand it.
    To each their own.

I love the fast-paced stuff, but sadly... a lot of people who do fast-paced and/or hard stuff, also scream into the microphone.

I hate, hate, -HATE- the "screamer" stuff... stuff like AV7x.

Dragonforce is one of the few bands who gives you the really fast guitar/drums, but also a very understandable lead singer too. That is pretty rare, especially in Metal.

I also like some of the more old-school stuff like AC/DC (ONLY if it is Live! Their studio stuff sucks IMO), Metallica, etc. Heck, One is one of my favorite songs, along with Sad But True. Unforgiven ain't bad either, lol.

I also like some of the more upbeat "pop" too, but I tend to lean more towards rock/metal. There are also a few sentimental and foreign music songs, like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWG5Bm7HvQ (this has awesome pictures in the background)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwT3C...eature=related (same song, with English translation)

Very aptly named "Song of Mana" .. as it really does sound like a magical song.

The heck is finaly over for me! After litteraly running from one end of Wal-mart to the other for 8 hrs straight I finally have 3 days off! The customers were surprisingly pleasant last night too. Noone cussed me out for something that was out of my control, noone attacked me with their baskets... it was nice.. other than the running. Im off to bed now.. Have a good one!

For the sake of your sanity, get out!

Get out of retail! Flee for your very mind!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    The heck is finaly over for me! After litteraly running from one end of Wal-mart to the other for 8 hrs straight I finally have 3 days off! The customers were surprisingly pleasant last night too. Noone cussed me out for something that was out of my control, noone attacked me with their baskets... it was nice.. other than the running. Im off to bed now.. Have a good one!
    I have 3 days off in a row too!

Today was kinda 'meh', but... it wasn't Too bad all things considered.

As far as me leaving Retail, that isn't likely. I make just slightly over Min. wage, but yet, it is the closest thing to me. My job is 6 and a quarter mile away from my house, but yet the nearest town of any size is 20+ miles. I make 7.30 now, I'd have to make at least 9/hr just to pay for the extra gas/time used in transit. At least. For it to really be worthwhile, at least 10-11/hr and there's few of those kinds of jobs left around this area....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Good, good.

I like Through the Fire and Flames, but I haven't heard much else from them.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information