Thread: New building suggestion!

Default New building suggestion!

There is one building I haven't seen available to build in Istaria, and after all the time I've spent as an old mage I simply must suggest it!

Mage towers! Could we pretty please at some point have these as buildable structures? I couldn't think of anything else that would make my mage experience more complete! There are several towers strewn about the world, and of course they are huge, but any type of buildable mage tower would be nice! Please consider the addition devs, dragons get lairs so why shouldn't an old mage be able to build a tall tower?

I realize the team is small and there are a lot of efforts being made to revamp the zones, so this wouldn't be a 'priority.' However, I do feel that this addition would be great for the game even if it takes awhile to get it!

Default Re: New building suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    There is one building I haven't seen available to build in Istaria, and after all the time I've spent as an old mage I simply must suggest it!

Mage towers! Could we pretty please at some point have these as buildable structures? I couldn't think of anything else that would make my mage experience more complete! There are several towers strewn about the world, and of course they are huge, but any type of buildable mage tower would be nice! Please consider the addition devs, dragons get lairs so why shouldn't an old mage be able to build a tall tower?

I realize the team is small and there are a lot of efforts being made to revamp the zones, so this wouldn't be a 'priority.' However, I do feel that this addition would be great for the game even if it takes awhile to get it!
    You really like to kickstart the dragon-biped discussion don’t you? With your “dragons get lairs so blah blah blah�… Maybe you have not been paying attention, but bipeds had plots years before dragons got their lairs.

Now to get back ontopic…
    We already have several race specific buildings so the idea of having school specific buildings (looking at the suggestion in a more general sence) would be a welcome addition I should think.
    Although having player build mage towers the size of the regular towers would be a bit to much I guess.

Excellent idea although please drop the whole dragon vs biped comments.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post

Excellent idea although please drop the whole dragon vs biped comments.
    Think it was more like a character(?) specific comparison than a biped / dragon thing.
    Like dragon - lair, mage - tower, druid - tree and so on.

I like it though

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Think it was more like a character(?) specific comparison than a biped / dragon thing.
    Like dragon - lair, mage - tower, druid - tree and so on.

I like it though
    Was also referring to a comment about dragons in another thread about all should be able to fly and not just this comment.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Actually, the framework idea used in dragon lairs would be an ideal starting point for making magic towers. Keep in mind that dragon lairs were the first construct capable of being done on something other than a flat plane. So, the idea of going higher or lower would need this sort of framework in the programming to make it feasible.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Good to see enthusiasm around the idea! My apologies, in my imaginings of the tower I admittedly got greedy in dubbing the idea 'mage' tower. I really meant just buildable towers, as there were towers in the game upkept by several different classes, no? So cool, the level of customization it could offer to plot owners. Would just be icing on the cake that is Istaria!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i just wish we could still build trade centers on our plots - if i ever annex nellie's plot on blight, i would love to be able to put one there.....

however, i like the idea of towers, mage or no......guardtowers at the corners of your plot walls would be sahweet......

but what i really would love, of course, is the ability to do interior decorating of buildings......that would be the kewlest beans in awesome sauce evah!!! (as long as we are dreaming, ya ken? )
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

i think this would be a good idea. not sure if possible, but if done i do not think they should be as big as those regular towers.. the reason those towers are so big is they are ment to stand out. not just any regular buildings.

and i agree with the dragon-biped comments.. never a good way to start a thread

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    Okay guys, thanks for supporting the idea but c'mon you can't all get aggro'd on me any time your in-game character's race is brought up :P I enjoy good, developmental conversation around the game's future. I have not ever intended in any way to make a dragon vs. biped comment, and I do apologize if it may have seemed that way to some dragon players. The mentions and references to dragons I made was intended as good basis of comparison, and was mentioned aready towers would probably use the same type of coding/whatever. I respect the effort that many of you have put into your dragons, and I am certain we share a mutual love for our characters. Any topic that can bring us together, in the hopes of inspiring new and enjoyable ideas, is a good topic.

And also velveeta: Wow the idea of guard towers never struck me, that is really cool. Imagine if you could have an actual NPC guard in it!

p.s. Just in case I haven't mentioned it yet, I too have a dragon that I thoroughly enjoy playing!

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    Okay guys, thanks for supporting the idea but c'mon you can't all get aggro'd on me any time your in-game character's race is brought up :P I enjoy good, developmental conversation around the game's future. I have not ever intended in any way to make a dragon vs. biped comment, and I do apologize if it may have seemed that way to some dragon players. I respect the effort that many of you have put into your dragons, and I am certain we share a mutual love for our characters. Any topic that can bring us together, in the hopes of inspiring new and enjoyable ideas, is a good topic.

And also velveeta: Wow the idea of guard towers never struck me, that is really cool. Imagine if you could have an actual NPC guard in it!

p.s. Just in case I haven't mentioned it yet, I too have a dragon that I thoroughly enjoy playing!

No harm taken, as i also enjoy playing a high leveled saris. just get my scaled ruffled easily esspecially when dragon vs biped comes up. we are all gifted and all istarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Okay guys, thanks for supporting the idea but c'mon you can't all get aggro'd on me any time your in-game character's race is brought up :P I enjoy good, developmental conversation around the game's future. I have not ever intended in any way to make a dragon vs. biped comment, and I do apologize if it may have seemed that way to some dragon players. I respect the effort that many of you have put into your dragons, and I am certain we share a mutual love for our characters. Any topic that can bring us together, in the hopes of inspiring new and enjoyable ideas, is a good topic.

I like this idea. And the higher teired towers would be taller, right?
    I just lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    I like this idea. And the higher teired towers would be taller, right?
    Sounds even better! Good stuff here, people!

Thread Information