Thread: New Dragon

Default New Dragon

Indeed, I am a new dragon that was just rolled on the Order server. I like the fact I can play as one, but they seem complicated, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I used to have Medis a level 14 dragon, but for some reason it won't let me log in as him, so I rolled a new one named: Mesthenak Bestrach.

I'm looking forward to growing up, it seems the dragons beyond Juvenilehood are pretty fun.

See you in game folks.

Default Re: New Dragon

I think you are seeing the level of complexity inherent in the game as a whole rather than anything specific to dragons. Although there are some nice dragon specific things like flight and the whole series of quests to become adult and then ancient, I believe that developing a dragon presents you with fewer choices than you would have as a biped.

Istaria presents the new player with a bewildering set of concepts to absorb. The good news is that we have a very helpful community, both on the forums and in-game. If you ask nicely, you will almost always get the answers to your questions and, if you appear to take responsibility for your own character development, you will find many players willing to help you over the rough spots.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

I do pay attention to how it is played, I understand it's far different from a Biped, which is a change from the other games. The onyl things I need to know is what stats are important to a dragon overall.

Tooth & Claw and Strength for a melee fighter, a.k.a. the Lunus concept.

Primal and Power and Focus for a spell fighter, a.k.a. the Helian concept, but with a caveat.

Dragons have, maybe, 16 spells or so.

These are the far ends of an opposing line of thought.

You will find yourself relying mostly on the melee concept with spells as support. Well, in my experience.

I have one adult dragon who is actually balanced between the two concepts.

<-----<<< Him! Hey... he's my first!

My Lunus is still a hatchie.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I actually like the idea of having only 1 adventure school. No switching around with scales/claws like bipeds have to do with armor/weapons.
    I love the idea that we don’t have to drag around loads of tools to be able to craft like bipeds have to do.
    All in all I think that dragons are easier to play in a lot of ways, however some skills or stats will never become as high as a fully multi-classed biped demigod. Don’t like that idea… considering we are 50 times bigger.

Ow jeah and the gift/ability of flight is NOT the dragons holy grail like many newly created hatchlings seems to think, it is merely a tool we use so that we can barely keep up with the supercharged bipeds with their Gift of Speed spell running faster around a mountain then that we can fly over it.

Watching your hatchlings little behind running around is the most fun thing you are going to see. Becoming adult or ancient only makes your dragon get a fatter behind (as in screenfilling...)
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Watching your hatchlings little behind running around is the most fun thing you are going to see. Becoming adult or ancient only makes your dragon get a fatter behind (as in screenfilling...)

omg this is sooooo true!!! watching mw run is the funniest thing EVAH!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Ta-da-da-da, da-da! Hatchie-powah!!!

Hatchies can, I think, keep up as long as they tech their wings scales with speed as soon as they can wear wing scales at levels 10 for the first slot and 30 for the second.

The only challenge is in getting the components for the techs.

The Reanimator on New Trismus has the mummy wraps for Speed I, the blue necroflies for Speed II are in the Dead Pool. >_< Owie. Ble necrofly wings are, I assume, challenging. I asked for mine.

Thank you! You know who you are!

The hatchie glide has, IMO, greatly enhanced hatchie mobility, as long as you can climb up to a good spot to leap off of.

Aucapoma
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information