Thread: Dragon Ability feedback

Hybrid View

Default Re: Dragon Ability feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    Spiked scales sucks hard when i can stand in bristugo for 30 seconds and have cloak of thorns, which does more damage and lasts 15 times as long.
    Spiked Scales deal much more damages than Cloak of Thorns. Work on your Primal Skill. As the skill is Primal, maybe Power helps as well.

galewind far too long to cast for the damage dealt
    Same here: it deals pretty nice damages if you Primal skill is high enough. Even better if target is weak to Pierce damages.

breath attacks never freaking hits anything
    I agree the accuracy is low, but "never" is not true. It's magic, so I guess Focus helps. Accuracy Breath quests should be pushed to lvl 100 instead of lvl 40 currently.

For Snarl and Menacing Presence, I hardly see a difference when I use them.
    Some quests abilities should have a lvl 100 version:
    - Accurate Breath: it would maybe fix the accuracy issue with breath attacks.
    - Hardened Scales: it would have +30 Armor at lvl 100; this wouldn't change our life but we would have a feeling of completion.
    - Dragon's Reach: maybe a little boost on damages; it's not that bad however.

I won't comment Breath Attack as Amon is not interested in them.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

On Dragon's Reach:

I don't even have this hotkeyed. I use a range teched prime bolt in its place. More Damage and only 10 second recycle.

To make dragon's reach more useful, I would say increase the range by 5 or 10.

snarl - good for pulling rarely draws extra agro.

Menacing presence: this is how a dragon draws and keeps agro, a shorter recycle on this would be awesome for groups and epic battles where you wanna keep the hate on the tank. Maybe increase the hate/agro it generates for the tank? How? Add damage to it (small amount maybe a dot?) Make it enact a small debuff? Not sure how agro is determined, but this ability could use an upgrade along those lines. I actually love this ability.

Staggering Howl: is pretty nice in my opinion.

Dragon Reach: while we have bolts (drain bolt, prime bolt) and AoE's this is becoming obsolete. I reccomend range additions beyond 55 the maximum of a bolt or an incentive to have it see use. Perhaps a small chance of DoT? erm, yeah Guaran mirrored my thoughts on that one.

Also: stances - red, blue, green : have these effect abilites like they do for bipeds to make them relevant again? Just an idea.

Thoughts?
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    On Dragon's Reach:

I don't even have this hotkeyed. I use a range teched prime bolt in its place. More Damage and only 10 second recycle.

To make dragon's reach more useful, I would say increase the range by 5 or 10.
    I don't use spells. Many times my dragon gets stuck in the animations and don't cast the spell. (Yes, I'm sitting still)

I tried making a spellcaster once and I really didn't have the patience to sit there and wait for a spell to be cast, especially when it got stuck 50% of the time and the enemy was whomping on me. Abilities are instantaneous and don't bug out constantly.

Thread Information