View Poll Results: who the best: batman or superman? please post your reasons!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • batman, of course!

14 50.00%
  • superman totally rulez da skewlz!

3 10.71%
  • neither, they both are wussies....

4 14.29%
  • neither, because (your fave superhero) can kik both dey azz...

7 25.00%

Thread: batman vs. superman

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default batman vs. superman

so, this has always interested me.
    you can tell a lot about which superhero a peep prefers, batman or superman (well, more than just that they are a nerd.... )

so i am asking, who do you most identify with, and why?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Default Re: batman vs. superman

While the whole idea of being able to fly, have superhuman strength and most of all x-ray vision appeals to me. I still prefer the more down to earth Batman.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Batman because he's a regular guy with lots of cool toys to play with and kick butt with. And he's also a night person (kinda like me)
    I just lost the game.

Spider-Man!!!!

Bwuhahahahaaa!!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I really can't vote because I don't really have any favorites in the superhero world. Between two of them, Batman's world is too dark and moody. Superman seems just too fake. If I was going to name some kind of fictional character as a favorite, I would have to go outside of the superhero worlds and into action heroes. And that person would be Ellen Ripley from Aliens. Then again, I've always had a soft spot for Sigourney Weaver.

Batman.

But Oracle/Barbara Gordon is my favourite character from the DC universe. My partner buys most of the Batman comics and I fell in love with the Birds of Prey series.

I can't choose between those two, it depends too much on my mood at the moment. My 'all mood' superhero however is the one and only Super Grover!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I choose some other superhero.

I mostly just play City of Heroes/Villains right now, on the (unofficial) RP server, and I've seen some really great characters I like so much more than either Superman or Batman.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

batman fans, check this out!

Batman - anyone that likes the darkness that much has to be good

I was never into the whole "Superhero" thing myself, nor was I ever a fan of any sort of comic books. The closest I ever got to "Superheroes" was the TMNT (the ORIGINAL animated series, NOT the new one!) when I was a kid.

I have, however, developed a fondness for a few certain webcomics (Order of the Stick, Misfile, TwoKinds, Kevin and Kell, MAG-ISA, Draconia, and three of the Katbox comics), but those don't involve "superheroes" or guys that run around in ridiculously stupid looking costumes, firing lasers out of their eyes, flying with no wings or what-not, etc.

I just wish there were more *good* draconic comics out there; most of the ones that have dragons in them that I could find are either the "cute" kind, or just aren't really what I'm looking for. Draconia is cool, but they almost seem to paint the dragons as an "evil" race, especially that queen of theirs.

Superman!

One thing about Superman that sets him apart, is that when he is Superman, he is who he is, himself. When he's Clark Kent, thats the disguise. Which is opposite what most others are, the costume is both disguise and when they do their thing. For Superman, he gets to be himself.

He's alone in a world of aliens, yet he helps them, cares for them. Ultimately he stands alone, anyone he gets close to will fade in time while he must go on. He has to strive for perfection within himself, lest he be prone to destroying worlds in some uncontrolled fit of rage (that the others have the luxury of having on ocassion).

Seems more noble to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Superman!

One thing about Superman that sets him apart, is that when he is Superman, he is who he is, himself. When he's Clark Kent, thats the disguise. Which is opposite what most others are, the costume is both disguise and when they do their thing. For Superman, he gets to be himself.

He's alone in a world of aliens, yet he helps them, cares for them. Ultimately he stands alone, anyone he gets close to will fade in time while he must go on. He has to strive for perfection within himself, lest he be prone to destroying worlds in some uncontrolled fit of rage (that the others have the luxury of having on ocassion).

Seems more noble to me.

heehee someone's been watching 'kill bill'.....

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Superman!
    I don't understand it in a fight between bat man and super man bat man would win due to batman has a little green rock that makes superman not be so supper
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    I don't understand it in a fight between bat man and super man bat man would win due to batman has a little green rock that makes superman not be so supper
    You do know that this is called cheating... Or is it more like taking advantage of an opportunity? Whatever it is… I like the way you think Lightning Claw.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    You do know that this is called cheating... Or is it more like taking advantage of an opportunity? Whatever it is… I like the way you think Lightning Claw.
    Well, see, that's the whole point of it.

Superman has this HUGE weakness, assuming one knows about it and can use it.

Batman, on the other hand, has no such weaknesses. To actually defeat him, you have to get around all of his awesome technology (which some villians have done to an extent) and actually kill him through all of his armor and ridiculously advanced weaponry.

But you can't just walk up to him with an item that instantly weakens him, though. You have to defeat him with either very clever (or cheap) tactics, or some *very* heavy firepower. Or an army. Etc.

im not sure , i dont think this is a topic on who would win in a fight, just who do you like more. also superman knows that batman keeps a green rock in his belt, so superman could just melt his head from a distance...but then that is not supermans MO he does not kill or harm so who would win batman mabye because he could hurt some one

also neither of these two super heres are my favs.

can i put in smuag or maybe drako?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    can i put in smuag or maybe drako?
    Smaug is a villian. lol.

If you want to talk about dragon heroes, it'd be Draco or Saphira. Or maybe Toothless... he's pretty awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Its not cheating its studying your opponent taking his measure and finding that one weakness every livening thing has. Read the signature, Hunting expert you must know your enemy to achieve absolute victory.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information