Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 177

Default Blight Update 177

Blight Update 177 was applied to the Blight Testing Shard and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Additions

• Greymane Wolves now have different trophies based on their level. Greymane Pups and Juvenile Wolves give tails, Seekers give teeth, and Alphas give Fangs. The trophy hunters in Kion and Sslanis are on the lookout for these trophies.
    • Sorcerers now get Clarity II, a non-masterable ability, at level 84 that will give the target a brief immunity to stuns and mezzes (and will also remove any currently on the friendly target).
    • Quest "Seeking the Path of the Fist" to Allanti the Initiate on New Trismus
    • Dragon Adventurers now get the ability "Mighty Roar" which is a taunt and self-buff starting at level 14.
    • Distillery Workshops are now available for construction on player plots

Changes

• Lowered the spawn rate of the Bhal'kuk Chieftain
    • Selling Tier 6 Technique Components to Pawnbrokers will go down in value after a number are sold.
    • Defensive Style, Power Style and Evasive Style now count as styles, not stances.
    • Dragon Hoard items now have coin values.
    • New Warriors, Clerics, Scouts and Mages will receive additional refurbished equipment when they are starting out. This should help their survivability a bit more.
    • The odds of getting good buffs from Tier 1 trinkets is now much greater.
    • Tier 1 trinkets now have a hoard and coin value.
    • Avariatus' Stone of Vitality is no longer tradeable.
    • Kaasha's Sigil Ring is no longer tradeable.
    • Ulaven's Experimental Gift of Wisdom is no longer tradeable.
    • Stuns can no longer be dispelled/cleansed (Mezzes, however, can still be cleansed/dispelled).
    • Minisa the Spellcraft Trainer in Dalimond is now known as Minisa Albrath
    • Ruxus are no longer aggressive and have a slower wander frequency.
    • Allanti in New Trismus no longer gives out monk quests, has a much cleaned up persistent dialog tree, and is wearing less armor now.
    • Menacing Presence now uses the Wing Buffet animation and does mind damage instead of crush.
    • Snarl will now do greater damage and of type mind instead of crush.
    • Snarl debuff now lasts 20 seconds instead of 60 seconds, but reduces to-hit on the debuffed monster by an increasing percentage (instead of a static value) beginning at 15% and going up to 55%.
    • Dragon Adventurers now get the Dodge passive ability, but their evasion per level has been reduced to 6.
    • Post-Delay of Determination is now half of what it was previously.
    • Cloak of Thorns abilities now share a keyword.
    • Cloak of Thorns is now ablative and can be removed after a damage threshold has been reached.
    • Demon Skin Ablative is now known as Demonskin Armor
    • Ice Barrier and Demonskin Armor now count as Damage Shields for buff conflicts.
    • Nature's Path will now overwrite Swift Feet.
    • Frost Ogres are now known as Ish'kuk Warriors
    • Frost Pygmies are now known as Ish'kuk Gatherers
    • Quests calling for Frost Pygmies and Frost Ogres have been updated to reference Ish'kuk Warriors and Gatherers. They have also been updated to reference the proper locations for these monsters.
    • Updated techniques referencing Frost Ogre tech components.
    • Quest "Dragon's Reach II" now calls for Forest Gruok Younglings instead of Ferocious Gruoks.
    • Due to revamps and changes in monster spawns, the Attunement to Aedan quest now requires you to be at least level 20, and only wolves of rating 21 or higher will advance the quest.
    • Techniques that used the Fyakki Stinger Tip now call for a Forest Skulk Fin instead.
    • Cleaned up the treasure tables of the Ish'kuk
    • Tweaked the Ish'kuk spawns on both Abandoned Island and Scorpion Island
    • Increased the base damage of Valkor's Blood Talon
    • Trials of the Gifted quest is now a linear series of quests which starts with Steward Pratt. Players must have completed Steward Pratt's tour of New Trismus quest prior to being offered the Trials of the Gifted quest. All quests are also now offered through the NPC's quest book rather than persistent dialog.
    • Updated the Small Flame Beetles and Giant Flame Beetles to spawn a level range and marked the others obsolete.
    • Updated the Flame Beetle (all sizes) loot drop rates.
    • Updated the drop rates of beetle tables on all sizes of Fire Beetle
    • Town Marshall quests for tiers 1 and 2 have undergone a revamp. They now offer a consistent amount coin for all quests of the same level range. In addition, they now offer a bit of experience when you complete the quest (with decreased experience after the 10th completion). The intention is to give players repeatable quests targeted to their level range to both direct them to the appropriate areas to gain experience and give a bit of a boost to the leveling curve.
    • Ice Gnawer now only spawns at the top of the mountain in the area called Glacier Canyons, rather than throughout the Frozen Wastes.
    • All level 10 dragon crafter mastery quests now use Xarinnis in Parsinia rather than starting with various NPC's around the world.
    • Invisible Dyes can now be applied to Helms and Masks.

Tier 2 Revamp Fixes

• Tainted Spirits, Enraged Revenants, and Restless Shades (all dragon ghosts) now have heads and wings.
    • Fixed a chat link in quest "Plundered Tombs: Locate the Tomb of Borannis"
    • Fixed a broken chat link in Trienna's persistent dialog
    • Quest "Hardened Scales II: Kill 20 Brighter Spider Hatchlings" is now "Hardened Scales II: Kill Dark Crawler Hatchlings"
    • Fixed dependency in quest "Plundered Tombs: The Tomb of Borannis" which would make it disappear after killing the Risen Necromancer
    • Fixed dependency in quest "Vandus Confederation: The Besieged Outpost III" which would make it appear to have no current journal entries
    • Elm Baskets (all types) now call for materials made of Elm not Cedar
    • Abietis Tor was setup to speak using the animation action instead of the talk action in the persistent dialog.
    • Fixed quest "Relic Preserver: Recover Additional Artifacts" so that Khalatorin greets you instead of Jorce Amis
    • Fixed quest "Central Valley: Forest Skulk Menace" to properly refer to all Forest Skulk in the Central Valley
    • Fixed Forest Skulk in the Central Valley to have the proper keywords
    • Quest "Anthas RootTea?" will now properly delete the "Letter for Julie"
    • Quest "Relic Preserver: Research the Dragon Ruins" will now work properly and refer to the proper individuals
    • Chat link in quest "Relic Preserver: Learn about the Dragon Settlement"
    • Chat link in quest "Relic Preserver: Recover a Memory Stone"
    • Fixed the title in the Knowledge Seeker Emblem
    • Warped Automatons now have the proper keywords.
    • Fixed the visibility of the quest step in "The Forest Skulk Threat III"
    • Fixed the visibility of the quest step in "The Forest Skulk Artifact I"
    • Armor of the Watcher no longer requires a gift slot
    • Tainted Spirits no longer get Gold Rage and have a much lower hoard value (15% of original value).
    • Annarvis the Foul now has boosted health, damage and XP and can cast "Improved Theft of Life II"
    • Enraged Revenants no longer get Gold Rage and have a much lower hoard value (25% of original value)
    • Restless Shades no longer get Gold Rage and have a much lower hoard value (15% of original value)
    • Tomb Scarabs have far less health now
    • Quest "South March: The Essence of Research I" and "South March: The Essence of Research II" now give crafting as well as adventure XP.
    • Destination pad in Sable Shores will now show up in teleport destinations as "Peninsula: Sable Shores"
    • Fixed broken link in quest "The Plundered Tombs"
    • Fixed broken link in both dragon and biped versions of quest "Corruption on the Battlefield II"
    • Lowered the respawn time of Risen Adepts on the Chiconis Battlefield
    • Quests "Relic Hunter: Recover a Memory Stone" and "Relic Preserver: Recover a Memory Stone" now use an Extra Loot trigger to ensure the Ancient Memory Stone drops as loot.
    • Dragon Stone of Knowledge and the Ancient Memory Crystal can now be equipped in Armor Sockets
    • Quests "South March: Essence of Research I" and "South March: Essence of Research II" can no longer be obtained by Dragons
    • Lowered the respawn on Sarcophagi so they will spawn a little more often.
    • Quest "Corruption of the Spirit II" now gives XP and coin reward.
    • Weaker Blight Spectres are now known as Corrupted Spectres
    • Quest "Earn Title: Exterminator" will no longer refer to Barvos Tan as a "her" when Barvos is clearly male.
    • Spelling mistakes in quest "Earn Title: Forest Skulk Avenger" and "Earn Title: Forest Skulk Slayer"

Other Fixes

• Quest "ARoP - Ritual of Journey: Prelude" no longer refers to Narsi Tiradoc as a member of the Protectorate.
    • T1 Town Marshall quests now have the proper constraints on them so they will only be offered at appropriate levels.
    • Blood of the Myloc Queen now has a 10 minute recycle.
    • Blighted Baubles now properly give Tier 3 instead of Tier 2 buffs.
    • Sigrun's Letter parts are now stackable and sortable
    • Myloc Queen Cannot Be Damaged" augmentation is no longer dispellable
    • Safety II is now properly received by Sorcerers at level 40.
    • Quest "Earn Title: Spider Slayer" so that it will proceed properly
    • Fixed the recycle/delay modifier on The Primal Rage crystal
    • Confectioners who visit the Formulatrons will not receive post-revamp formulas, not the "old" formulas.
    • Applied proper constraints to quests "Healing Adept" given by Lomak the Dragon.
    • Fixed the step dependencies in quest "Tooth and Claw VI"
    • Priscilla the Shoulder Parrot quest now properly refers to Archbishop Tomas Agua.
    • Glacier Canyon is now spelled correctly.
    • All level 75 Trophy Rewards have been adjusted so that they all provide the same amount of experience.
    • Fixed the Attunement: Valley of the Moon quest so that the dialog should appear without having to "re-greet" the quest giver.
    • Fixed the kill counter on quest "Primal Mastery I: An Extension Of Primal Knowledge"
    • Fixed the step dependencies in quest "Spiked Scales III: Kill 20 Frost Beetles"

Default Re: Blight Update 177

Other fixes:

Confectioners who visit the Formulatrons will not receive post-revamp formulas, not the "old" formulas

Should this be like this instead?

Confectioners who visit the Formulatrons will now receive post-revamp formulas, not the "old" formulas

now that the patch is applied I ran into the following:

Snarl - love the new damage and it being mind!

• Menacing Presence now uses the Wing Buffet animation and does mind damage instead of crush.

Animation - check. Mind damage, none. This ability does not do damage!

• Dragon Adventurers now get the ability "Mighty Roar" which is a taunt and self-buff starting at level 14.

I can't seem to get this ability to fire. Targeting a mob gives an "Invalid Target" response as does targeting myself.

• Dragon Adventurers now get the Dodge passive ability, but their evasion per level has been reduced to 6.

I'm not showing "dodge" as an ability on the abilities tab. My evasion is still at 8 / level with a base of 800 @ level 100
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Fixed the recycle/delay modifier on The Primal Rage crystal
    Just checked on blight and this is in fact now broken. +95% delay/recycle

The Primal Rage was not broken (till now).

The Fangs of Fury is broken as well, has been for months. +95% delay/recycle on melee attacks....

The Bards Tail's recycle/delay is +95% as well.

Plundered Tombs: investigate the tomb of crankenspank
    Quest does not advance after locating the Tomb.

I got quest feedback saying that I located the tomb and to kill the denizens (etc. etc.), but my quest log didn't update and there's no kill counter. I tried killing various mobs, but no update, so I returned to Geriad but no update from him either.

Also, since my quest from Minisia was stuck before (Source of Power: Astronomical Observations), I deleted it and retook it. Now it won't advance past the first step. I had a note of which mob to kill to update the quest counter, but it didn't update when I killed that mob. I don't know if this quest got changed in this patch, but I didn't see any notes on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Also, since my quest from Minisia was stuck before (Source of Power: Astronomical Observations), I deleted it and retook it. Now it won't advance past the first step. I had a note of which mob to kill to update the quest counter, but it didn't update when I killed that mob. I don't know if this quest got changed in this patch, but I didn't see any notes on it.
    Nothing changed about the quest with this patch. No idea why it isn't working for you. What step you are on (what your quest journal says) would be helpful so I can look it up.

Well, am not sure if this is a bug, or a location marker for you devs, but, near sable, at
    21529,22888, sticking up from the ground is an up arrow and on top of that up arrow is the letter Z. If this is something you are aware of , I apologize for posting this, if its not, and you needed to know, well, off ya go to discover it? heh

PS Thornwood looks great by the way!
    Last edited by Peaches; January 19th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

"Lowered the spawn rate of the Bhal'kuk Chieftan", does this mean lowered as in lessened spawn or lowered as in shorten respawn timer. I hope its the second because he already is pretty rare from what I've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    "Lowered the spawn rate of the Bhal'kuk Chieftan", does this mean lowered as in lessened spawn or lowered as in shorten respawn timer. I hope its the second because he already is pretty rare from what I've experienced.
    Lowered as in made it so that he'll spawn more frequently.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    Nothing changed about the quest with this patch. No idea why it isn't working for you. What step you are on (what your quest journal says) would be helpful so I can look it up.
    Source Of Power: Astronomical Observations
    Return to the ruins of The Observatory and search for information 0/1.

The Ghost dragons north east of chiconis are whole. There seems to still be a range detail effect not kicking till you are on top of the object.

Mighty Roar still needs work, the hoard cost and consumes value spot is '&^%$'.

The Vault Access seems slow to connect.

Can Venture into the forest skulks with my right size char.
    and Shade ghost dragons.

a unbalanced spider type, dark forest breeders, found the named Lv40, and is Equal to the regulare Breeders Lv33. Hp 2085.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme
    Source Of Power: Astronomical Observations
    Return to the ruins of The Observatory and search for information 0/1.
    I wonder if it's possible that I looted an item that advanced the quest the first time around and I still have it in inventory so it won't advance the quest now?

Anyway, regarding the sarcophagi dust in the tombs? I still have not found any sarcophagi. I was speaking with another player on Blight and she has also been unable to find this. I checked Crankenspank & Borannis. I did wait quite some time on someone and didn't see any sarcophagi spawn, I also killed various mobs (scarabs, necromancer, tomb guards) and did not loot any dust.

Hmm. The spawns for the sarcophagus are setup correctly. Looking into it. Grave Dust won't drop from the Tomb Guards. Sorry

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Relic hunter: locate additional artifacts
    8 kills to get 5 Rare ancient dragon artifacts
    Dragon stone of knowledge is armor xtal but shaped like tool crystal

-------
    Relic Hunter: Investigate the rare dragon artifact
    Chat w/Dennison:
    Well, %race,

-------
    Relic Hunter: Research the Lost Settlement:
    Quest does not update for me. Quest log step:
    Go to the Dalimond Archives to begin your search for records regarding the Dragon Ruins.

Also, not a bug, but as an observation, none of the Relic Hunter/Preserver quests have given text feedback when quest objectives have been met (the looting of the items). Not a problem if you're watching the loot counter, but I notice that some quests give feedback/message once you've completed the quest step objective, and some don't.

-------

I went to the Archives, ran around inside, in and out the door and path, spoke to everyone in the building, but no quest update.

-------
    Central Valley: forest skulk menace
    Text completion:
    Eilin tells you, 'ou have driven them away?....
    Might be colloquial speak.

------
    Relic Preserver: Learn about the dragon settlement
    Text question.
    I do not understand the sentence below:
    Humans were rising up under the leadership of Ashlander Vandus and Malganival Lunus and Helian were split over how to address the issue.

I think there should be a "." in there somewhere.

Also, clicking on the link "Great Schism" gives the "nil is not online" message in feedback text.
    Continuing to "greet" does advance dialog.

-------
    General: not a quest-- Librarian of ages greet text:
    ...I was a bit lost in thought pondering the mistakes and triump[hs....

-------
    Eilin's Pretty Flowers:

Might just be my PC, but Rolland wouldn't render for me in Dalimond. I see some grey legs and partial smelting tongs but that's it. I had to do a /select to be able to find him.

-------

Relic Preserver: Recover a memory stone

I've killed Gantorin 2x and he hasn't dropped the ancient memory crystal. Not sure if it's a rare drop or just not dropping for the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme
    Apologies, I should explain this a bit.

Drop rate on this quest and the preceding one seems to be about the same. Was over a 50% drop rate, probably close to 75%.

I wasn't sure if it was just luck that I got the 5 rares in 8 kills, or if you want the drop rates on the 2 quests to be about the same (but my thinking was that it would take a bit longer to get the rare artifacts).

But when I did this same series on my dragon, only the preserver line, it took me 15 kills to get the same 5 rare artifacts; so I'm not sure the drop rates are set up the same on both quests or if I just got lucky on the relic hunter side (or unlucky on the relic preserver side).

Apologies, I should explain this a bit.

Drop rate on this quest and the preceding one seems to be about the same. Was over a 50% drop rate, probably close to 75%.

I wasn't sure if it was just luck that I got the 5 rares in 8 kills, or if you want the drop rates on the 2 quests to be about the same (but my thinking was that it would take a bit longer to get the rare artifacts).

But when I did this same series on my dragon, only the preserver line, it took me 15 kills to get the same 5 rare artifacts; so I'm not sure the drop rates are set up the same on both quests or if I just got lucky on the relic hunter side (or unlucky on the relic preserver side).
    the odds are the same for both quests. So you just got lucky

Dragon stone of knowledge is armor xtal but shaped like tool crystal

-------
    Relic Hunter: Investigate the rare dragon artifact
    Chat w/Dennison:
    Well, %race,

-------
    Relic Hunter: Research the Lost Settlement:
    Quest does not update for me. Quest log step:
    Go to the Dalimond Archives to begin your search for records regarding the Dragon Ruins.

Also, not a bug, but as an observation, none of the Relic Hunter/Preserver quests have given text feedback when quest objectives have been met (the looting of the items). Not a problem if you're watching the loot counter, but I notice that some quests give feedback/message once you've completed the quest step objective, and some don't.

-------

I went to the Archives, ran around inside, in and out the door and path, spoke to everyone in the building, but no quest update.

-------
    Central Valley: forest skulk menace
    Text completion:
    Eilin tells you, 'ou have driven them away?....
    Might be colloquial speak.

------
    Relic Preserver: Learn about the dragon settlement
    Text question.
    I do not understand the sentence below:
    Humans were rising up under the leadership of Ashlander Vandus and Malganival Lunus and Helian were split over how to address the issue.

I think there should be a "." in there somewhere.

Also, clicking on the link "Great Schism" gives the "nil is not online" message in feedback text.
    Continuing to "greet" does advance dialog.

-------
    General: not a quest-- Librarian of ages greet text:
    ...I was a bit lost in thought pondering the mistakes and triump[hs....

-------
    Eilin's Pretty Flowers:

Might just be my PC, but Rolland wouldn't render for me in Dalimond. I see some grey legs and partial smelting tongs but that's it. I had to do a /select to be able to find him.

-------

Relic Preserver: Recover a memory stone

I've killed Gantorin 2x and he hasn't dropped the ancient memory crystal. Not sure if it's a rare drop or just not dropping for the quest.
    Thanks. Got all of these. Except for Rolland. He is setup just fine and shows up on when I go to Dalimond.

That step isn't a kill counter, its a loot counter. You have to loot the Astronomer's Letter to make it progress forward.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    That step isn't a kill counter, its a loot counter. You have to loot the Astronomer's Letter to make it progress forward.
    That might be the reason the counter isn't updating. I have this in my inventory from the first time I took the quest (I had deleted the quest because it was stuck and I had used the only vial I had and needed 4 more). I'll delete the old letter I got from the quest earlier and see if I can loot it again.

Oh, also as a note: I think I read in an earlier patch note that you couldn't take both the relic preserver and relic hunter quest lines. On my biped, I completed the 1st relic hunter quest, and was then able to get the 1st relic preserver quest from the dragon. I deleted the preserver quest on the biped and then took the remaining relic quests. I was going to check again (to try and get the preserver quests) after I completed the entire relic hunter quest chain. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be mutually exclusive, or if the hunter line is for bipeds and the preserver line is stricly for dragons, but the dialogue on the preserver line leads me to believe that it's intended only for dragons.
    Last edited by Creme; January 25th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.

Oh, also as a note: I think I read in an earlier patch note that you couldn't take both the relic preserver and relic hunter quest lines. On my biped, I completed the 1st relic hunter quest, and was then able to get the 1st relic preserver quest from the dragon. I deleted the preserver quest on the biped and then took the remaining relic quests. I was going to check again (to try and get the preserver quests) after I completed the entire relic hunter quest chain. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be mutually exclusive, or if the hunter line is for bipeds and the preserver line is stricly for dragons, but the dialogue on the preserver line leads me to believe that it's intended only for dragons.
    Yea, I've already fixed that for the next patch.

Thread Information