Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 177-discussion

Default Re: Blight Delta 177-discussion

I agree with Raesh and Dako:
    I`m a dragon, I`m a tank- Am I able to dodge? Do I want to dodge?
    *imagines herself to dance around blights like Muhammad Ali at his best^^*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    While I don't understand the reason why stun should not be cleanse-able (I get those freezing effect things all mixed up), it just sounds like stun has been made a lot more powerful. Flip it to where we use it on Withered Aegis - they can't remove it from one another now either, right? So which classes benefit - wizard has a stunner ability, does this mean when they use it the opponents stay stunned? What other classes/abilities/spells can stun and thus may be more useful now?
    From what I've seen over the years, the WA don't use cleanse anyway. They simply ignore the Stun in the first place. I've been using Eminence and Tail Whip for years now, and I don't think I've EVER seen a mob skip a beat when the Stun goes off. They just keep right on attacking and using Abilities like nothing happened. Now I know they are not overly LONG stuns, but still... when the "Enemy is Stunned" spam goes off, then the VERY next line is "You are Killed by Multi-attack of DOOM for 10,000,000 damage" that's a problem. Has happened many a time to me.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I've just got back game and happy to some upgrade happen but fix problem isn't that what all we see and now add coins values hmm what is point of that so over type can sell them or something i thought they were ment for dragons or am i miss the point
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cromos_Swordbreaker
    a totally rediculous change, this is going to grief hatchlings....

whats the point of making such a change?
    The patch previous to this one (I think it was 176 at least) added HV to many items that never had HV in the past (i.e., spells and comps). Given that there are even MORE items in game that are hoardable, adding a coin value to hoard does not seem unreasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    I want to be very clear on cloak of thorns - I don't mind a linked timer, but I do expect to be able to cast it on anyone I target if the timer for it has recovered. I have long been irked by my overfull spellbook, but it is worth it to me to keep the lower tier buffs scribed and thus available for "younger" characters. Please do not take away my ability to help those less capable than me with it if I choose to.
    There is NO linked timer as you will ONLY have a single cloak of thorns; the tier being what your current class/ability is. If you are level 80 Druid, you will see only Cloak of Thorns 5 in your ability book.

I would assume that a lower level character could only receive cloak from a druid/ranger in the same adventure tier, ie., a level 10 adventurer could only get cloaked by a Druid/ranger under level 20.

It wouldn't affect your spellbook at all, as cloak is an ability, not a spell; however it would free up some hotkeys if you had all 5 tiers assigned to different hotkeys.

-Cloak of Thorns abilities now share a keyword.
    -Cloak of Thorns is now ablative and can be removed after a damage threshold has been reached.

if you (VI) do this fix to live. u will loose a good player on istaria. i dont understand why u mess up a great ability. i like to help some little players to start here in istaria with a small push from CoT.

now im a RANGER but after this, only a sslik with a bow.
    (sorry my English disallowed me to write more about this).
    its just make me angry and sadly. and: don't change a running system. in this case, dont change abys/spells because THIS IS ISTARIA

Quote Originally Posted by Creme
    There is NO linked timer as you will ONLY have a single cloak of thorns; the tier being what your current class/ability is. If you are level 80 Druid, you will see only Cloak of Thorns 5 in your ability book.

I would assume that a lower level character could only receive cloak from a druid/ranger in the same adventure tier, ie., a level 10 adventurer could only get cloaked by a Druid/ranger under level 20.

It wouldn't affect your spellbook at all, as cloak is an ability, not a spell; however it would free up some hotkeys if you had all 5 tiers assigned to different hotkeys.
    My point was not that cot affected the spellbook (obviously it does not) but that I'm so wanting to be able to buff lower tiers that I cause myself problems in order to do so. I'm OK with the damage nerf; I'm not OK with not being able to cast it as a buff on any except my own tier.

If they wanted to make it one ability, why not make it castable on everyone with the max damage = 200 x the recipient's current level? That would avoid overpowering the lower tiers of recipients and still make it a reasonable buff to share. (Well, 200 or whatever factor would make the cap at 100 what they intended).

So lets see if i've got this right.
    I play a biped and you want me to save all these hoard items and give them to a hatchling to help him with his RoP, because up till now hoard items are useless to me. I cant sell them on consigner, they take up too much vault space, so i have to give them away.
    Im all for charity, but my memory fails me i can't seem to remember a dragon walking up to me and giving me 10 silver to help me or is it that only biped have to be charitable.
    Your complaining because biped wont be as charitable but this will only bring us in line with dragons.
    Also saying its hard to get 250k by the time you get to level 30 is hard !!
    My friend started a dragon just so i had someone to give all this hoard too. While i was getting from level 26-30 i gave him 355k worth of hoard, now if a dragon cant amass 250k from level 1 - 30 they are doing something wrong.

just a quick note in reply to creme .. actually spells DID have hoard value long ago. all crafted items did. agreed that many didn't make sense (like cloth armor and such).

sorry this really has nothing to do with the topic.. i just wanted to get the history straight.

giving hoard to hatchies is a nice, heart warming tradition of our community.
    Since the beginnings.
    Noone was ever forced to do so.
    But you are right- hatchies do not NEED that anymore.
    Pawn it, sell it, delete it..
    and make this world a better place.

And yes I -like many others- give coin to new players- even to bipeds.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin
    just a quick note in reply to creme .. actually spells DID have hoard value long ago. all crafted items did. agreed that many didn't make sense (like cloth armor and such).

sorry this really has nothing to do with the topic.. i just wanted to get the history straight.
    My mistake, I should have said formulas instead of spells.

Quote Originally Posted by AWDZ
    My point was not that cot affected the spellbook (obviously it does not) but that I'm so wanting to be able to buff lower tiers that I cause myself problems in order to do so.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, I too did that until the burden of deleting spells became too great and I finally got rid of most of my low level buffing spells.

and I agree with Awdz and Vasilios:
    CoT is an important part of our gameworld.
    A friendly gesture towards other/younger players "hiya mate, happy hunting"
    a bit like giving hoard to hatchies- not needed but most appeciated.
    non verbal friendly communication. Not necessary in a modern mmorpg?

And why nerf it? It was really something unique. It was really something that worked good- for the good of all involved.
    Sry. but the arguments did not convince me.

I Dont like the nerf on the following

cot ( Not that i use it as a dragon ) but it still effects game play when in fierce combat .

Dragons getting there evasion slashed to bits and the token gesture of an evasion style thats a passive ability

The hoard thing is rather odd. I would like to see what rick or amons reason behind this is ... My belief is there going to attempt to create a economy in this game one way or another , However i Personally think this is a bad move at the present time,For the following reason . Until all the revamps are done and the islands get fixed for the major comps. The economy can not thrive for the higher level players due to an imbalance in components a Key factor in Istarin traid .

Another interesting move
    Selling Tier 6 Technique Components to Pawnbrokers will go down in value after a number are sold.

Assuming there trying to stimulate an economy for the high players. Players should be able to Craft t6 armor and be able to use it ! That will make the value in the community worth the effort in obtaining them . and a appropriate price will follow . whats interesting about this is there trying to get us to pawn stuff when the values of our goodies aka Forms hoard and useless t 6 comps are worthless. clearly not what is worth the time and effort it takes to get them.

Perhaps i am over thinking this but if that is there goal for us to start pawning items that means that there is not enough currency in the game in other words a $ is not driving another $ (Or in this case silver )
    Last edited by lightning claw; January 19th, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

We'll change Cloak of Thorns back so that you can again use it on any level player. The other changes to it will remain, however.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We'll change Cloak of Thorns back so that you can again use it on any level player. The other changes to it will remain, however.
    Thanks Amon! Thats quite acceptable imho.

Is there a possibilty that the dragon dodge and evasion change can be thought over?
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Great
    Thanks a lot

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Geez, dragon evasion going from 8 per lvl to 6 per lvl, a drop of 200 points.

I look at the dragon abilities thread and I see it quoted that it wasn't intended for making nerfs. Yet here we have a nerf to dragons in the patch notes.

I would rather keep the 200 points and not have a dodge ability.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thy Amon

And yes pls overthink the evasion thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    The patch previous to this one (I think it was 176 at least) added HV to many items that never had HV in the past (i.e., spells and comps). Given that there are even MORE items in game that are hoardable, adding a coin value to hoard does not seem unreasonable.
    I personally dislike all items having a hoard value.

I agree if a dragon can hoard almost *anything* now, hoard should be PB able.

If anything hoard should be worth less now and be cheaper for all the dragons to buy.

Example: Biped charges too much, dragon makes an offer (more reasonably), it's either that or sell it to the PB for even less.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    and I agree with Awdz and Vasilios:
    CoT is an important part of our gameworld.
    A friendly gesture towards other/younger players "hiya mate, happy hunting"
    a bit like giving hoard to hatchies- not needed but most appeciated.
    non verbal friendly communication. Not necessary in a modern mmorpg?

And why nerf it? It was really something unique. It was really something that worked good- for the good of all involved.
    Sry. but the arguments did not convince me.
    I'm going to make a guess, it's likely wrong. Just some food for thought.

Lots of folks use it to powerlevel.

Perhaps it is an attempt to discourage this?

I really dunno.

Just means bipeds have to manage it like dragons do now.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Thread Information