Thread: [Closed] Sudden death....

Default [Closed] Sudden death....

I was on my way to the lair in Kirignat when I died sitting on the portal pad porting in from Bris.

o.O

I drowned.... on the top of a mountain -_-

What the heck happened to cause this?

Default Re: Sudden death....

o_O

The client thinks you're underwater. Now *why* is a good question. Can you set aside a copy of your world cache for now?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Did so. I also tried flying away.... that didn't work....
    Last edited by Shian; January 23rd, 2010 at 04:10 AM.

You do realize that porting with the loading screen turned off is not supported?

Quote Originally Posted by Theramin View Post
    You do realize that porting with the loading screen turned off is not supported?
    He would have been dead already by the time the area finally loaded had the loading screen been on.. With the loading screen off at least he knew it was due to drowning.

The only reason we have the loading screen turned off, is because it takes half the day to load otherwise. If we made the whole process more efficient, then the loading screen could stay.

The times when I have disconnected flying over water, the only thing that saved me from drowning was having the loading screen off. Otherwise as Shian says, you drown before you can load!

I am unable to reproduce this error. Has this happened to anyone else? And can you repeatedly do it?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Did so. I also tried flying away.... that didn't work....
    From the saved copy of your world cache, locate the shard's folder (<shardname>horizons), then please create a zip/rar containing the following files in that folder:

sector_*.def
    terrain\terrain_info.def
    and all files in terrain\33_59

Those files should include the ones relevant to the part of the world you were in. Hopefully there's something interesting in there. Otherwise, the client had a major brainfart.

If you happen to have debug, and net logs from that session, please include them too. (don't worry, they compress pretty well)

Oh yeah, attach those to a support ticket, don't provide a link here. The world cache doesn't contain any private info, but the net/debug logs do.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I've only had this happen once to me when I ported to abandon island. I had ported in and was immediately drowning while still on the loading pad. So I ran to the portal and teleported out before the meter ran out. But when I went right back to the island (no relog or clearing the world cache), the glitch didn't repeat itself.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

It's happened twice now in the last three days. Just now while porting to Drakul and again earlier when porting to AI How do I find what sector files are relevant considering the files in my world cache is about 322Meg?

Yes, this has happened to me as well, its because of the ground not loading so the client thinks you are underwater.
    Best place to reproduce it is on the floating island stand on a spot thats above the water on the isle close the client, then relog. It generally shows the breath remaining meter when logging in and if it doesn't load fast enough you generally drown.

If this happens again please submit a support ticket with the relevant files requested by Steelclaw above. Thanks!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information