Thread: [Fixed] Avariatus' Stone of Vitality - Attunes Scale permanently

Default [Fixed] Avariatus' Stone of Vitality - Attunes Scale permanently

When using the Avariatus' Stone of Vitality in any Armor Socket it attunes the scale to you permanently. The stats remain with the scale even after removal and after a relog the scale remains attuned eventhough the stats the crystal gives are gone.

I can understand that the Crystal itself is attuned to the character, but why also attune the scale? I doubt that this is supposed to happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Re: Avariatus' Stone of Vitality - Attunes Scale permanently

Well, it the description, it does state, once equipped, cannot be traded...

While to be honest I hadn't noticed that particular line... I still find it weird to have that "ability" on a crystal.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I have to wonder if that behavior is necessary though.. you can't trade things with crystals socketed into them anyway, or so I thought, so it'd be impossible to trade the crystal with an unattuned scale. So, either the attuning is overzealous or socketing something attuned will attune what the item is in by some quirk of the way the game handles attuning.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Is the crystal actually attuned now that it's been placed in a socket and equipped? (Not that it matters for this particular problem, I'm just curious.)
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

The scale is unattuned at creation and stays like this after the crystal is socketed and becomes attuned the moment the scale is equiped.

I doubt this is really necessary. if we compare this crystal to another (Quest only) crystals… Fang of Fury is attuned to my character however it does not make the Claw I use it in attuned to me and the same can be said about Aroah’s Health Crystal which is also a Armor Crystal.
    2 examples of quest only crystals and both attuned to character, but not forcing equipment used with it to be attuned to character.

Another reason while it is strange, we all know the economy is near death atleast on Chaos Marketplace channel is a dead channel were you would get more results talking to a concrete wall then in that channel. However the newbies still have the notion that there might actually still be an economy ingame and try to sell their obsolete scales so that others can use them (like I tried to give them away). While both single or double socketed Chest Scales are easy to craft again in my case others might get disappointed about this.

When posting this thread I had missed the line “once equipped, cannot be traded” but maybe I can turn this to a good thing by asking why the crystal has been made this way.

This has been fixed for the next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information