Thread: K-mart

Default K-mart

Ok i like to ask if any one thinks this is Worng ...

I'v worked at K-mart for ... 4 to 5 yr's may be 6 ... thay dont give me hr's at all well if u count
    thme only giving me hr's every 2 to 3 months . :P ((( i can go for a month or more and NO hr's )) and
    when the x.mass or any other big days come they work the hell out of me then then it ends i go back to
    all most none hr's it's Pissing me off ... .. and and lats say i call up to ask if i have any
    thay tell me u got to Drive up here and see ... and the times that i did i didnt have any thing .
    in soo i juset waseting my time and gas.. to drve up and see that i have no hr's ..
    .. and and that not all .... ok t=i know of the law that .. kides that have school Must be home
    or off from work at umm 1o pm i think is was and around the x-mass there there tell all most 12 at night
    k-mart doesnt car about there emplyers Nor ther cousterms... and its start to get to me in how
    there treating me and most of there emplyers.and cousterms ..

here what i am asking do u think this is worng on what there doing to me and the others ??
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: K-mart

Doesn't sound very fair to me... usually, people that are willing to work xmas are seen as "good workers" and usually get more shifts. Not knowing how the job availability is where you are, I'd look elsewhere.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

working retail sux ded donkey dink all the way around....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

As long as they can get away with it they will take advantage of the bad laws around work. The way it sounds you have signed a lousy contract with no guaranteed minimum hours. So yes they can do that. And as long as they get workers accepting that crap they won't change it.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Although I can understand your pain, I have to agree with Sigi and would recommend that you check the contract you made with them.

What you seem to have is what in Holland is known as a 0 hour contract, which effectively means that everyone who has a contract to work more then you will be asked before you and you will get a phonecall when nobody else is available like times when people want to be home like Xmas.

While it sux big time when you want to earn money, but it is cool if you dont need the money and just want to do something from time to time.

Although reading your post I guess you want to earn money. Anyway check the contract and think about finding another job just in case the talk with your supervisor at K-mart about wanting additional hours will not work.

Good Luck
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

i do ahve a nother job . as i dish washer at a school ..

But what was saying is that .. thay ues me in and around any hadays and or when the Big boys are coming in .. have i have called in the past and thay tell me u need to come in a check your time's .... XP i find that a waest of gas and My time to come in and see that i have NO hr's .. hell ... i had wrok on one day from 5 to 1o pm and oo look Notheing the reast of that week and the nexted :P i am manly thinking and know that there Uesme me and is trying to get me to Qiet DX hell i worked there 5 yrs and they teat me like ... (no going to typ it ) ... and no wiat here more bill :P ... a few yr's a go thay called me and said """ i'm sarry but we need to let you go .. "dont rember the hole thing "" and on that Sunday thay called me in asking if i whant to come in and work ... "" now can any one tell me if ther giveing me th run around ??? """the can of k-mart rant has be open ""
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

I don't want to sound rude or unkind or such, but really they are doing that to you because you let them.
    And yes they are giving you the run around for the same reason, you let them.

And it doesn't matter you've worked there for 5 years (or 10 or 20) they don't own you anything as long as it isn't black on white in your contract.

So take it or leave it but don't expect any human behaviour from k-mart or any other large company, you'll only get disappointed.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    a few yr's a go thay called me and said """ i'm sarry but we need to let you go .. "dont rember the hole thing "" and on that Sunday thay called me in asking if i whant to come in and work ...
    I would not even have bothered to reply to that question or even keep working for them. I would have simply hang up the phone thinking "They dont want me anymore, I wont work for them anymore..."
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

times are hard in america, hell, but if you can (and since you aren't getting any hours anyway), i would just not answer the phone anymore. if you feel like it, you can write (or dictate) a note to your immediate superior that since you don't seem to be needed, you are moving on to greener pastures. be polite, but make it clear that it is their bad behavior that is causing you to leave.

it won't change anything, but at least you will be the better person for it.
    it certainly works for me!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

*head asplodeys*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information