Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blight Update 178 Discussion

Default Re: Blight Update 178 Discussion

Sniff sniff... no porting back to the surface from the bottom of the Chic Crystal shaping cave. Sniff sniff...

Acceleration is now an active ability that gives you an acceleration buff
    It gives acceleration gift, so takes gift slot.. is it correct?
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisuke View Post
    It gives acceleration gift, so takes gift slot.. is it correct?
    I don't think so. Gift of Velocity is a Acceleration "gift"

an active ability is same as "forest myst", "evasive style" or "summon ice elements"

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilios View Post
    I don't think so. an active ability is same as "forest myst", "evasive style"
    Yep, but acceleration now gives a gift.. thats why i asking Amon is it a bug or intended..
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisuke
    Yep, but acceleration now gives a gift.. thats why i asking Amon is it a bug or intended..
    This makes Wizards pretty much not worth leveling IMO unless you're really into energy skill.

It also seems wasteful as it is a 30 second buff that you need an open gift slot to benefit from with a 1 minute recycle.

I'm not sure what benefit a 30 second -10% reduction to recycle provides.

Is it that anything cast/used within that 30 second window recycles 10% quicker? Is it things already recycling that reduce by 10% for the remaining time?
    Last edited by Creme; February 4th, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    This makes Wizards pretty much not worth leveling IMO unless you're really into energy skill.

It also seems wasteful as it is a 30 second buff that you need an open gift slot to benefit from with a 1 minute recycle.

I'm not sure what benefit a 30 second -10% reduction to recycle provides.

Is it that anything cast/used within that 30 second window recycles 10% quicker? Is it things already recycling that reduce by 10% for the remaining time?
    Why not simply fix the broken Wizard's masterable passive acceleration ability and leave it as passive, rather than to add to the "playability overhead" of it being yet another active ability to deal with (whether it takes "juggling" of a gift slot or not)?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Why not simply fix the broken Wizard's masterable passive acceleration ability and leave it as passive, rather than to add to the "playability overhead" of it being yet another active ability to deal with (whether it takes "juggling" of a gift slot or not)?

Knossos
    Because it doesn't work as a passive. It has to be an active ability for it to apply to items, spells, etc. But it was not meant to take up a gift slot. Will be fixing that.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

"Monks now get additional passive Dodge abilities at level 34, 64, and 94."

Should not this change also apply to the Disciple Schools, or must Disciples take Monk School above level 20 to receive the passive Dodge abilities?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    "Monks now get additional passive Dodge abilities at level 34, 64, and 94."

Should not this change also apply to the Disciple Schools, or must Disciples take Monk School above level 20 to receive the passive Dodge abilities?

Knossos
    Nope, we're leaving it just on Monk... its a perk of taking monk up higher.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

[QUOTE=AmonGwareth;239969] Because it doesn't work as a passive. /QUOTE]

Who the heck said it doesnt work as a passive? The ONLY reason i leveled wizard was to get Acceleration. It reduces the recycle of my Revitalizes by 3 seconds, which is exactly what it is intended to do! I don't want to have to juggle another active ability on top of everything else I already use.

On a side note, i know that blighted items that try and reduce Recycle or Delay don't work, so feel free to fix that.

Accelerate with a duration of 30secs? if this go live, i dont have a reason to keep this class on my side

nerfs, nerfs, nerfs... if you want to do it active, then do it without any limit..

same as before, just make it active

Quote Originally Posted by Kalias View Post
    Who the heck said it doesnt work as a passive? The ONLY reason i leveled wizard was to get Acceleration. It reduces the recycle of my Revitalizes by 3 seconds, which is exactly what it is intended to do!
    If this really is working, then I would vote for it to go back to being passive as well. When you have tested it did you make sure to not have gift of alacrity? If you see the 3 seconds without alacrity in place, then I agree it has been working all along.

I believe the only reason it was tinkered with was because someone reported it did not work... iirc it was purported to work with some spells, but not others... Extended testing is likely needed.

Gift of Alacrity reduces delay, not recycle.

Acceleration brings the recycle time of Swift Feet down to 4min 30 secs (30 sec reduction from a 300 sec cooldown), the time of heals down by 10%, and even buffs like Earthen Crust that have a decent recycle time, i can see the difference. I just leveled wizard about 3 weeks ago, and I know at least one other person who has the passive ability work for them as well.

I don't cast many spells so I can't claim extensive testing, but I haven't noticed a problem with how it is now.
    Last edited by Kalias; February 5th, 2010 at 12:02 AM.

Not sure how long its been as ive not played on Remmy for a long time but head butt does not do anything nor does it show any combat spam that it worked.

Thread Information