View Poll Results: Should the crystals be changed to Jewelry crystals to give these crystals new life?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - this makes sence

5 41.67%
  • No- Keep them as they are

7 58.33%

Thread: Fangs of furry Primal rage a little dragon love ?

Default Fangs of furry Primal rage a little dragon love ?

May get moved to dragons was not sure where to post, sorry bout that mods

I have been noticing that Fangs of furry and Primal Rage have fallen to the way side and have been placed in ones valt as a Memento or role playing Item and has not really been used in combat after the dragons learn the power of the demon claw or the blood talon, or heck lets face it slash damage is just about as obsolete as the crystals them self's on most of the new mobs. So the players need to find Blighted damaging conversion weapons, so how ever you look at it these Very nice crystals are becoming obsolete .

The only way to save the Primal rage or fangs of furry is to change them to Jewelry crystals that and it makes athedic sense to the game as well to get them we need to craft the scale of the ancients
    (Head scale )

Then there turned in to a weapon crystal never made much sense to me with the arrival of Dragons able to use Jewelry crystals

Also post why u chose your answer pleas or your take on this topic and PLEAS some one from the dev team i really want to hear your take on this too!
    Last edited by lightning claw; February 2nd, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Fangs of furry Primal rage a little dragon love ?

* NO.

While I have the Demon Claw and used it from time to time it currently sits in my Vault being totally unused for the last 3 months at least, while I keep using my triple socketed normal claw.

Frankly I agree that today a dragon are forced to use blighted junk in order to be able to be versatile in attacking the various mobs that we encounter it annoys me big time for being forced to keep a biped slave to the side so that I can use Ice Attack or Flame Attack from time to time.

I believe however that the real problem is not the shape of the ARoP crystal, but the fact that dragons in comparison to bipeds have absolutely no method of damage conversion except for blighted claws, which are rare to loot themselves and just as rare to create if you even have the luck to loot a blighted claw form.

For all I care we get to do quests with as quest rewards damage conversion claws… T1 or 2 - no (weapon) sockets, T3-4 - 1 (weapon) socket and T5 - 2 (weapon) socket. We would have the problem of having to change crystals all the time, but at least the crystal would be used.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I voted NO

Leave the crystal as it is- its a nice one.

And as long as headscales have no 4 sockets^^I need the three sockets for my dragon-xtals.

I seldom use demonclaw, LovsKin seldom used blood talon. Those are nice to have. I have a selection of blighted claws- but I do not use them, cause there is always a friendly biped to buff me with what I need. And I do not mind to ask for them, as well as bipeds ask me for dragon buffs.

How I socket my claw depends on what I want to hunt.
    And its nice to experience with different crystals/claws.
    I always have a collection with me, so I can change scales/claws during a hunt.
    And, of course, a lipstick that fits with them
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I voted YES because the crystals further tie the factions to combat styles, which I oppose and have for a long time now. Factions are a political choice and have nothing to do with combat styles, plenty of in-game lore supports this.

My porposed change would be to grant both factions both sets of abilities, either by changing the crystals to have both, or by making the both passive abilities granted to all ancients.

Lets examine the potential ramifications of such a change:
    Lets say I am a lunus ancient, and I have the fangs of fury presently. After the change I would either 1) also have the primal rage effects on my crystal or 2) passively have the primal rage effects. My playstyle is melee focused, so for this toon, the impact is practically negligible. It's not a "god like" boost or anything.

Now lets pretend a year has gone by, I'm getting bored and want to try a caster playstyle. I make a new set of primal-power scales, get some new spells, and off I go a hunting. I already have the primal rage effect as well so I am all set. I can cast spells with the best of them, my only setback 20 primal that helians get. not too big of a deal, and hey, look at me I'm a powerful Lunus Spellcaster (as supported by lore). I can distrust the bipedal races to my hearts content as well as cast spells effectively.

And of course the reverse would be true as well. ALL this change would do is allow both combat styles as choices. The Fangs of Fury and The Primal Rage skill boosts can make a significant difference against high evasion mobs, of which there are many. AROP benefits should not need to be sacrificed to use a life striking claw for example.

The very essence of those effects sound to me like they should be innate abilities of the Dragon. Fangs of Fury sounds like a potent anger unleashed. Oh wait, you can't feel that anger unless you got this here crystal installed.... doesn't really feel correct to me.

Paladins do not need to equip some crystal to have a "Stand Against Darkness"

Healers do not need to equip a crystal to have an "Illustrius Stand against the blight"

Warrios do not need to equip a crystal to feel "Heroism"

and on and on...

If they really want to improve those abilities and get them in line with all the other class abilities, make them active, usable abilities on a 5 minute recycle. This feels like it fits the spirit of what they are the best.

But do not limit them to one faction or the other, that would lead to rioting. Shared timer.
    Last edited by Guaran; February 2nd, 2010 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    The very essence of those effects sound to me like they should be innate abilities of the Dragon. Fangs of Fury sounds like a potent anger unleashed. Oh wait, you can't feel that anger unless you got this here crystal installed.... doesn't really feel correct to me.
    So change the names of the crystals.

I think when you compare dragon rop path to biped schools you are comparing apples to oranges.

I think of it more like a racial ability that is "picked" instead of being granted at character creation time.

If you want fiendish channelling, make a fiend. If you want the +20 primal/primal rage, then choose the Helian ROP path instead of the Lunus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    So change the names of the crystals.

I think when you compare dragon rop path to biped schools you are comparing apples to oranges.

I think of it more like a racial ability that is "picked" instead of being granted at character creation time.

If you want fiendish channelling, make a fiend. If you want the +20 primal/primal rage, then choose the Helian ROP path instead of the Lunus.
    But Creme why did u vote no ? the whole point of this pole is to take a survey of dragons to see if these crystals are still used in combat and if they arnt toss around feed back on how to make them useful once again
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    ... If you want the +20 primal/primal rage, then choose the Helian ROP path instead of the Lunus.
    Well I for one made my faction choice solely on the Lore in the RoP quest: political alignments. Right when RoP was added. At the time there was no Gold Rage, no faction alignments of: breath attacks or ARoP crystal abilities. The breath attacks have been fixed, it's time the arop crystal abilities were.

And I'm not the only one. All these faction aligned combat abilities came AFTER. It's wrong. It's an easy way out development path.

An additional idea I've had in regards to the RoP abilities:

Rename "Path of the Lunus" to "Lunus Upbringing"
    Rename "Path of the Helian" to "Helian Upbringing"
    stats remain as is. These will be unchangable permanent abilities.

Also add at the end of RoP:
    "Lunus Aligned" character ability/attribute that has no function other than being a political alignment tracker.
    "Helian Aligned" character ability/attribute that has no function other than being a political alignment tracker.

The Political alignments cannot be changed until after ARoP is completed. This allows all existing quests that relys on them to be unaffected. -OR- the quests that looked for the old "Path of the Lunus" will instead look for "Lunus Aligned", same for Helian side. Faction can then be changed at any time, even before ARoP. If ARoP quests have the potential to be broken by changed factions, use first suggestion and simply require completed arop before a player can change factions.

Make the Fangs of Fury and Primal Rage become active-use abilities, both granted to both factions. Shared timer. Delete the crystals or change them to be stat-less. Collectors can retain them but the functionality can be transferred.

V'Tierru in the council of elders can be used to change the Political alignment at any time (after arop is completed), although the decoupling of abilities from the factions makes this pointless until poltical sided quests are ever added. But having the ability to change factions fits with RP and real life examples of political situations. Allows an open end for further development of the political storylines and character participation in them in the future. Basically this is planning for the future, and allows lore writers/quest writers some interesting elements to further explore. Some of the emailed lore stories in the past have been exceptionally entertaining: I recall one from about a year ago where Valkoth and Sementh are talking. I really loved that extra lore. Having the ability to change factions and write quests around it seems quite fun for both the players and the dev's.

And it can fix a poor decision made long ago about tying faction to combat.
    Last edited by Guaran; February 2nd, 2010 at 08:55 PM.

Poll needs another option.

Other - please explain.

I think faction needs fixed in a totally different fashion, similar to Guaran's idea, but I can't say I really like his idea quite the way it is.

I wil lsay faction having any combat/statistical bearing on gameplay is in my opinion a bad idea.

I don't care where the crystal fits, crafted claws smoke any rare drops now anyhow.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I am very happy with my primal rage crystal, it very much stays in my claw socket full time. The only dragon I know of that may not be is one who chose faction for the rp view point and the crystal doesn't apply to their combat style. I do agree with others about considering a way to not tie the combat stats to a political faction. I was lucky in that my combat style and rp political choice were a match. But I too had already decided back in the early days before we had the faction breath weapons and the ancient bonus'.

As far as the other claws from the bosses...I live on Order. Big hunts here are few and far between. The odds of me ever getting all the bits for a boss claw aren't good. Whats more, Reklar's Tail Scale is what I really want but I know the odds of that happening are slim and none...and slim just left town.

So in summery, I see no reason to change the crystal from claw to head scale. For me it would be a drawback as I run razor teeth tech, primal crystal, and breath/resist crystal in my head scale.

Dracaena

Thread Information