Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How happy are you ingame?

Default Re: How happy are you ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilios View Post
    "As for the snide remark about crying about dragon nerfs, if you haven't noticed, I haven't said a word about these so called evasion nerfs yet as I like to look at the whole picture, not just a 'me me me' thing."

well, this was a quote from dragonboy.. but..

but if you want to discuss about CoT, then send me a PM and we talk about it in private

please Istarians, lets get back to the topic: How happy are you ingame..

(derail was my fault too), sorry
    As for the real person who made that remark be sure to check page 3 post 59.

Good quoting is a masterable skill...

Time to get back on topic now.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thanks Amon and others for your efforts.

To answer the question of 'how happy I am in game', it is pretty simple, really. I am happy enough to keep logging in almost every day.

I have 5 accounts so I guess that makes me a die-hard player. My 'to do' list is still long enough, even after 6? years, that I don't worry about running out of things to do. In no particular order, I am happy because:

· My in game friends. Strata (my guild) is growing so that means new friends too!
    · The community atmosphere (though I wish there were more players).
    · Crafting. I have not found another game that compares to being able to design and build a plot (not just pick one house style and decorate it) the way I want and then remodel it if I change my mind. Flowers would be a nice new option
    · I don’t have to pay 'upkeep' once my plot is purchased.
    · I can craft and adventure in a number of different schools and not lose the skill gained in the ones I switch 'from'.
    · The pink (ok light red) dye. You wouldn't believe how many other games don't offer pink.
    · The chat system.
    · I can contribute stories etc. to contests.
    · Playable dragons.
    · I can run all through the world without having to wait for zones to load, unless I choose to use a portal.
    · Fixed resource fields where I can go and gather to my heart's content, instead of hoping I run across a node when I'm out and about (this excludes thornwood which is a pain in the keester to locate).

As for all the changes that can be annoying when you have been used to the game operating a certain way for a long time (I think the COT change will be a bit of a pain since I play a druid most often), so far I have been able to adapt to the changes. I confess that I don't understand some of them - the one about making Ruxus non-aggressive baffles me.

To turn the question around, how unhappy would I be without Istaria. Pretty darned unhappy. There is no single game that can replace all of the things that I love about it.

Joy of the day,
    Sonea

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Yes, they are part of this update. Fall Harvest and Gnomekindle.

Yes, Evasion will remain at 8/level.
    Yaaaaaay! So awesome, Amon!

Despite the controversy rolling around, I, for one, can't wait for this update. I have two level 20 bi-peds ready to explore it all and a Dragon who wishes for level 40 lair shaping formulas (and thanks you for the Evasion)!

This will certainly make me happy in game (though I usually am happy when I log in)! I've yet to be there for a festival so I'm thrilled to hear this! ^_~

Wonderful job!

I'm happy in game. I don't have much free time, so why should I (Or anybody else for that matter) do something out of own free will that doesn't make me happy?!?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

All in all my time in Istaria is ok ish right now i missed the events like the rest of us. i also miss the "for lack of a better way to put it" on going events that we used to have yrs ago. example of what i mean the sand storm that uncoverd the lost "town" in tazoon the npc's are there but the story kind of went away i would like to know more about it and maybe see an end to where we finished it off and let them find peace or what not. i am also tired of the adv nerfs thats got to go imo. people talk about super peds being so strong and overpowerd well i dont agree those guys put alot of time into becomeing what they are and for the effort they put forth they should be able to walk up and smack the stupid out of a mob for looking at them wrong. but most of us arnt super peds we are the 2 or 3 class players trying to make our mark on the world. hunting in istaria is hard i dont have a problem with that i dont want to play a game where i walk over everything infront of me if i did i would play wow. i like what he was saying about the interface i agree that should be made more upfront and easy. the auto join to MP and NP and dragon is a great idea i also think that one of the first help windows should tell u the basics of chat in istaria. such as type /g for grp /gu for guild /tell and so forth also a lil about chat tabs would be great. i would like to see the transparancy of the window changed as well as new players dont know to or how to change it so that they can see a tab flashing. but the weakening of abilitys and changes to them need to ease up a bit. its like every time we get a patch anymore i ask my self what are they takeing from me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aywren View Post
    Yaaaaaay! So awesome, Amon!

Despite the controversy rolling around, I, for one, can't wait for this update. I have two level 20 bi-peds ready to explore it all and a Dragon who wishes for level 40 lair shaping formulas (and thanks you for the Evasion)!

This will certainly make me happy in game (though I usually am happy when I log in)! I've yet to be there for a festival so I'm thrilled to hear this! ^_~

Wonderful job!
    My own biped is at 39 and 40 with her highest two schools. They are technically "tier 3" or just shy, but.. I don't mind Tier 2 content... it is safer, and easier, if a bit slower. Still, questing beats grinding as I said before. New content = yay!

The only thing, is I'll get to tier3 and the tier 3 revamps won't be for a looooong while I get a feeling. lol. Can't have everything I guess.

I guess I'm happy with the game. It has its flaws, but it also has things that no other game has, and that is what keeps me coming back. I've pondered suspending my subs temporarily now and then during the months I wasn't playing (but still paying), but then I was like "its a small game, I've got a little extra money, why not help em out for giving me a truly unique game?".

I think people need to take a deep breath, step back, and realize that the CoT nerf isn't something to ponder quitting over. If this ability means THAT much to you, then yes... it WAS overpowered. Talk to any dragon about Spiked Scales vs CoT and you will find out how much CoT is/was overpowered.

The game is still great, and is getting better all the time. Nerfs are never pretty, but sometimes they are necessary. When you have one or two abilities that overshadow everything else, that's when you need to stop, and ponder "is this ability overpowered?".

CoT was one of those abilities.

Another one of those abilities? Gold Rage. Yes, I'm more of a dragon than a biped (though I play both) and I will be one of the first to step up and say that GR is overpowered. Does it need nerfed? Well, depends... if you nerf it without buffing other dragon abilities, then melee dragons become nigh-unplayable. If you nerf GR and buff other abilities, then I think dragons would get a better playstyle rather than Gold Rage - Silver Strike - Wait a few seconds - Gold Rage - Silver Strike along with Ravages and the occasional Tail Whip when you need a couple seconds waiting on the GR timer to refresh.

The ability changes on Blight might alleviate some of this, I don't know... but as of Live Shards, I will stand by my opinion that I think GR is overpowered. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Talk to any dragon about Spiked Scales vs CoT and you will find out how much CoT is/was overpowered.
    Ancient dragons have the highest possible armor rating in game @ max hoard. My non ancient dragon, in mostly armor based scales has an unbuffed AR of 2298.

My level 100 druid, with armor teched on all her T5 essence leather armor, and all jewelry teched with armor and all sockets using +65 armor crystals has an AR of 1918. There's a reason that damage shields are given, and that's in most cases to lower armor classes. A single classed Druid can't even equip T5 essence leather armor and so would have an even lower possible max AR. I'm really not sure why dragons even get a spiked scales, that would be like giving a damage shield to Warriors or Paladins or other Platemail wearing classes.

You absolutely cannot compare CoT (given that it's primarily a Druid/Ranger ability, it's not masterable to other classes) to Spiked Scales. IMO it would have made more sense to remove the ability to cast it on others, and leave it as a Druid/Ranger ability because on a Druid, it's NOT overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

well said creme. i agree 100%

as a side note to my orig post here if something did end up happening with the uncoverd town outside of tazzon that i am not aware of please PM me i am interested to know

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    IMO it would have made more sense to remove the ability to cast it on others, and leave it as a Druid/Ranger ability because on a Druid, it's NOT overpowered.
    normal dragon adventurers don't need it, high damage doing biped schools dont really need it.

I agree, revert CoT to what it was (no damage limit and 15 min. timer) and make it self use only.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

i would hate not to be able to cast the buff on others. it's part of what make druids welcome in hunting parties. please don't prevent me from helping others as much by making it self only.

It was going to be turned into a self-only ability a little while ago, but there was outcry against that and (thankfully IMO) that particular change was undone.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

First, this game feels like home for me. It is the only game that when I leave, I come back. I compare all other games I have played to this one. At times I get annoyed with the dragon v bi-ped debacle... I have both and just think it is stupid to compare. Other than that, this game, just like others has to make changes, sometimes good, sometimes bad. It is where my family is (litterally in some cases...) and I am greatful that it continues to operate.

Just my two coppers.. simple and to the point.
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

You absolutely cannot compare CoT (given that it's primarily a Druid/Ranger ability, it's not masterable to other classes) to Spiked Scales. IMO it would have made more sense to remove the ability to cast it on others, and leave it as a Druid/Ranger ability because on a Druid, it's NOT overpowered.
    It IS, however, Overpowered when cast upon others.

Nobody can dispute the fact that casting CoT on a Dragon, or a Warrior, or a Cleric, Paladin, whatever makes them overpowered.

They TRIED to fix this, but the uproar it caused, made it clear to them they couldn't remove the ability to cast it on others.

But they knew that it STILL needed balanced, so they let you cast it on others, but it doesn't last as long. With the break-on-damage, you wouldn't be able to F&F (Fire and Forget) and let them wander off for 15min and be overpowered.

You could still help your group, but your continued presence is required, which allows you to still use it for endgame grouping purposes.

What they could also do:

Make it act like Aura of Resistance. Self-Only, but it applies the buff to group members nearby. Said buff lasts a couple minutes and pulses like Aura of Resistance does. This way, you can help your fellow members And have the buff up as long as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    It IS, however, Overpowered when cast upon others.

Nobody can dispute the fact that casting CoT on a Dragon, or a Warrior, or a Cleric, Paladin, whatever makes them overpowered.

Overpowered to what? It doesn't make you invincible, you can still die, you need to take damage for CoT to work.
    Just leave it as it is and use that precious dev time for solving real problems. That whole balance blahblah is nonsense in a non pvp game where one can play what one wants, combine schools and so on.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Overpowered to what? It doesn't make you invincible, you can still die, you need to take damage for CoT to work.
    Just leave it as it is and use that precious dev time for solving real problems. That whole balance blahblah is nonsense in a non pvp game where one can play what one wants, combine schools and so on.
    It does not make you invincible no, but to take a dragon as example who uses Spiked Scales for only 1 minute the mobs he got attacked by during the active time are near death, this combined with Primal Health every 10 seconds and all the breezes it makes you nearly invincible when using CoT which used to last for 15 minutes.
    Is that not overpowering?

Dragonboy, I would appreciate it very much, if we could stop that dragon vs biped thing NOW. Besides the fact that it makes me very sad to hear such from an experienced player- it is without any logic.
    You will not change the fact that you cannot compare apples with pears,
    even not if you insist.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Not happy.

I play to roleplay with friends, and that's all.

The crafting system sucks. Yeah yeah, you all think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but only because you don't know any better.

The spawn system makes everything ten times more difficult than it should be.

I can't progress in my current batch of quests because they require many items I am unlikely to be able to obtain because 1) they're only sold on the consigner once in a blue moon and 2) MarketPlace and its corresponding forum do not care to respond to my WTBs.

I'm increasingly irritated with Virtrium, but I'm not specifically concerned about the things previously mentioned in this thread.
    All I can say is WOW! I , on the otherhand, find the crafting system to be fantastic. Moreso for the building aspect. And that is why I still have a lot of fun in this world, and will continue to do so for as long as I can!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Dragonboy, I would appreciate it very much, if we could stop that dragon vs biped thing NOW. Besides the fact that it makes me very sad to hear such from an experienced player- it is without any logic.
    You will not change the fact that you cannot compare apples with pears,
    even not if you insist.
    Had you read my post correctly you would have read that I was merely pointing out that this ability in the effect bar of any high damage melee class can be and is overpowering, that I happened to use a dragon as example has nothing to do with any dragon vs biped discussion. As far as I am concerned they make it self-cast and use only for a druid class and make it do double damage with its old 15 min timer.

I was told to suck it up and adapt after the beetles got changed, the same situation is valid here for everyone...

If you use dragon as an example on pretty much anything biped, things get screwy right off.

As far is CoT being overpowered, I don't think so. It's about the only abilitiy druids are known so let them have their toy. Personally with this nerf I don't see a point in playing druid in groups. It's not like we can see if someone's CoT came off during a fight to rebuff them. I still don't know the new cooldown timer and spamming isn't that interesting. Might as well go Healer and use Spirit Bolts. That's what the t6 content is all about anyway.

Thread Information