Thread: Idiots....

Angry Idiots....

Everyone is complaining about the next few deltas....Why of why ??!?!? Some of the reasons i perfectly understand, such as the CoT, while I loved the timer it seems right for it to be a sponge as are Pulsing Spectrum and Quills. I was sad when the spell linking came but kinda late now.

BUT...

WHY ARE PEOPLE MADD ABOUT THE F****** DRAGON EVASION BUFF?
    And yes I say buff because thats what it is. A Buff. I will say this once. DRAGONS. COULD. NOT. EVADE. BEFORE. EVASION. WAS. BROKEN.

It makes perfect sense.
    1) Evasion helps evade enemy blows.
    2) Dodge skill activates Evasion.

So basically currently Dragons evasion is 0 and has been since launch BECAUSE they did not have dodge to activate it.

NOW your getting dodge + 600 Evasion (because it was 0 before w/o dodge) and your COMPLAINING!!!

Your an idiot.

And not all bipeds have 1000 evasion, in fact i would say that quite a few have 900 or less.

/rant off

and i will not be replying to this so if ya want a comment from me pm me
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Default Re: Idiots....

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia
    Everyone is complaining about the next few deltas....Why of why ??!?!? Some of the reasons i perfectly understand, such as the CoT, while I loved the timer it seems right for it to be a sponge as are Pulsing Spectrum and Quills. I was sad when the spell linking came but kinda late now.

BUT...

WHY ARE PEOPLE MADD ABOUT THE F****** DRAGON EVASION BUFF?
    And yes I say buff because thats what it is. A Buff. I will say this once. DRAGONS. COULD. NOT. EVADE. BEFORE. EVASION. WAS. BROKEN.

It makes perfect sense.
    1) Evasion helps evade enemy blows.
    2) Dodge skill activates Evasion.

So basically currently Dragons evasion is 0 and has been since launch BECAUSE they did not have dodge to activate it.

NOW your getting dodge + 600 Evasion (because it was 0 before w/o dodge) and your COMPLAINING!!!

Your an idiot.

And not all bipeds have 1000 evasion, in fact i would say that quite a few have 900 or less.

/rant off

I'm impartial to this change although that might change after we see how it works.

No, dragons didn't have dodge, but I was able to get decent misses, on lower tier mobs, especially. It remains to be seen whether the misses with lowered evasion + some minor dodging will be equal to the misses with 800 evasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I guess I'm not an idiot then, 'cause I've complained about upcoming changes but not about the evasion/dodge/whatever thing.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    Your an idiot.

/rant off

/facedesk

Man it up and reply here. You started it. =/

Other than that, I'm all for the evasion. =)

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

lol rizo- feeling better now? good!

I do not mind that you call me an idiot if I am complaining,
    patch notes sometimes are..confusing.
    It needed to be discussed!

You explained it good so even that blonde dragoness now gets the point.
    If it will work like that, and its a real improvement, I`ll pack the "idiot" in my inventory, and give it back to you, next time we meet ingame, with a nice ribbon around it

Isen`t it a cool feeling to be that perfect?

(hehe- I could write everything I want here- cause rizo won`t answer )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Dragon Evasion was not lowered and will not be lowered. I reported it in a previous patch, but it turns out I changed the wrong school (I lowered it on a dragon aegis school). It has been at 800 for a level 100 Dragon on Blight the entire time. So, you are keeping your evasion AND getting dodge.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 5th, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

In that case, is it now best to respond with:

QUICK! NERF DRAGONS!

Thank goodness this can be put to rest lol
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

LOL.

I never, ever thought I would see Istaria's forums turn into WoW's o-boards (only, on a smaller scale).

Honestly.

I always thought this community was a nice, well-behaved one... hopefully this is just some sort of fluke and people will go back to being normal soon....

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee the slightest whiff of draggie vs ped and we get all crazy, dhal!
    its def our hot button topic - sometimes its amusing........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

While Amon has stated that evasion will remain at 8/level for dragons, it's still worth noting that evasion works even without dodge. (Those of you on Chaos and Order can reallocate your training points to see for yourself...)

The effect of evasion shows up as a miss in combat spam.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    While Amon has stated that evasion will remain at 8/level for dragons, it's still worth noting that evasion works even without dodge. (Those of you on Chaos and Order can reallocate your training points to see for yourself...)

It is also worth noting that dodging (evading) an attack is not the same as a miss. A miss is simply that, a miss because the monster's to-hit roll failed. A dodge is a hit that you then performed a successful dodge on.

For the former you will never see any message other than "X missed you". While with the latter you will see "You dodge....".

Evasion does, however, factor into both.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post

Haha and I get the last laugh over all those other dragons who told me I was a fool to put training points into evasion years ago.

Dracaena

<<Throws some oil on the fire>>

Dragons can evade and dodge?

I can understand that a hatchling gets evasion and dodge but adult and acnient dragons are massive they should suck it up:-)

How could you ever miss something as big as an adult or ancient?

Their armor should be high enough due to their hoard which will lower the damage done.

..and beside that they can always fly up when the heat gets too much.

Ever seen a biped do that:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    <<Throws some oil on the fire>>
    I can understand that a hatchling gets evasion and dodge but adult and acnient dragons are massive they should suck it up:-)

Sigh... What is the point of putting oil on the fire? That could be said for quite a few mobs in Istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    Easy, said mob is hacking away at a dragon's front leg. Dragon simply lifts leg, mob misses. Or dragon merely sidesteps and now the creature has to run a few meters just to get back to where it was.

Thread Information