Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What The World Needs Now

Default Re: What The World Needs Now

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    *suddendly imagined "cargo pets" - cute little fluff pets that people equip like a cargo disk that runs around with them while adventuring - does nothing (no speed debuff either) but zomg can you imagine the squee?*
    Holy ****, is that possible?

Would LOVE a pet that could actually move and follow behind me.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

they have them in wow, so i am conflicted....on one hand, i love the idea of pets, they are really kewl, but on the other, no wow in my istaria......
    split on this one like batman and catwoman, right down the middle....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    they have them in wow, so i am conflicted....on one hand, i love the idea of pets, they are really kewl, but on the other, no wow in my istaria......
    split on this one like batman and catwoman, right down the middle....
    >_>

WoW has a shaman class, should we remove shamans from Istaria?

Saying that we should forgo a feature just because another game has it (and not just WoW) is really silly. Fluff pets are not going to turn Istaria into WoW, which was not even the first game to have pets. Locking a biped into one class for good? That'd be way more like WoW than pets.

Besides which, we already have pets, they just sit on your shoulder rather than follow.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

WoW is not the only game with pets, not the first or last.

Anyone remember this:

http://www.derethmuseum.com/images/raffle2.jpg

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

those aren't pets - its a personal army!!

Ugh, yes, more Fluff please.

I can't stress enough how much I want the importance of Fluff to be known to the devs. The more we characters have to play around and goof off with, and the more customization we have to further express and define ourselves and, in the Order shard, our RP characters, the happier we'll all be.

As to wether its possible...

I'm thinking it would be. I mean its as "simple" as changing the cargo image to an animal image (that's in the most simplest idea/form). I"m not saying the pet would bark or growl or run around, but its a basic idea.

And no - just cuz one game does it that you may not like doesnt make it automatically bad. FLUFF itself has been in since day one of gaming lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

o don't get me wrong, i adore fluff! bring on the fluff! the more fluff the better! fluffy fluff fluffiness!

The mentioning of epic armor.

This could be done in the way of a quest in which you require to gather pieces from the lands.

For example thistlefist ordered the treants to steal a specific item and now you would have to go kill treants to find this item.

This would mean that for these quests we need to kill large amounts of monsters. The drop could be placed on a specific random timer. Each item could have a requirement of 5 or more items.

To make these quests take enough time to make it really epic it could be set on 1 quest a day and then the final part of putting these items together into the epic piece could take 2 days so the total item would atleast take a week.

These quests could be made for both adventure and craft gear.

and example for craft epic quests could be being send out to get a specific amount of resources for one quest or digging for a specific rare ore. In case of organic parts it could be a special tree\plant\animal which spawns at a location which could be all over istaria.

The sky is really the limit here.

The quests could be given either by a wandering NPC or by the empire.

Just made an additional sub to buy an additional plot
    to put all these baskets on
    thy devs- nice idea
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

BRING ON THE FLUFF daddy needs a new hedge/banner/colored tent/well FLUFFINESS!

Is color part of the model? can we at least PAINT our buildings? or tents?or walls?

Birds?? what about gargoyles for walls? or baby flame drakes? or what about different walls? Statues? I was headed to corvus and saw GREAT looking ice walls /ice arches along the road. I live in acul would LOVE ice walls need 20k snowballs AND stone wall mats to make em .

enough for now. SO MANY FLUFFY POSSIBILITIES so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Even if they are not customizable, they are still objects and still need to be drawn.

Some furniture exists, true. But they usually exist in small clusters of buildings that won't lag up too much, well, unless you count Lagzoon.

But that gives us a good reason as to why there isn't a bunch of furniture in player-created houses.

I don't like it any more than you do, empty rooms everywhere, but I do understand why they are like that. Players tend to cramp as many buildings onto a plot as they can and oftentimes fill up the rest of the space with decorations, walkways, etc (some plots are an absolute MAZE to navigate!).

A group of player plots looks like.. I don't know, a cluster*beeep* of bushes, walkways, fences, and as many buildings crammed near each other as physically possible. You don't even see buildings that close together in an RL town. Now, if each of those buildings had 10 pieces of furniture each, even if they were NOT customizable, that is quite a bit more load on the game to draw and keep track of.

Meanwhile, towns that were not built by players (Dalimond, etc), the buildings are spaced out pretty evenly, and there's not a million objects laying around like bushes, walkways, etc. Well, except for, again, Lagzoon.
    You mean to tell me that showcase house outside of Dalimond with all the furniture and everything was never implemented? There aren't hooks in the house code for the eventual addition of player-crafted furniture? Furnishing a house was the second-best part of owning a house in Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot (the first being storage), and the BEST part of owning a house in Vanguard (storage there was lacking).

Solution:

Make it so that the furniture doesn't paint in unless you step onto the plot.

You can still walk around a player town, will experience a bit of a hitch when you step onto a plot, but it's the best of both worlds.

People clutter because they want distinctiveness. So limit the number of "items" one can place on a plot. More buildings/fountains/trees, then less furniture, and vice versa. Being able to craft and place custom furnture (for which there is already art in the database) will encourage larger single houses, which in turn will decrease lag (at least for those who haven't stopped at each plot along the road to see what THAT owner did with their space...).

Quote Originally Posted by Meddwyn View Post
    You mean to tell me that showcase house outside of Dalimond with all the furniture and everything was never implemented? There aren't hooks in the house code for the eventual addition of player-crafted furniture? Furnishing a house was the second-best part of owning a house in Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot (the first being storage), and the BEST part of owning a house in Vanguard (storage there was lacking).

Solution:

Make it so that the furniture doesn't paint in unless you step onto the plot.

You can still walk around a player town, will experience a bit of a hitch when you step onto a plot, but it's the best of both worlds.

People clutter because they want distinctiveness. So limit the number of "items" one can place on a plot. More buildings/fountains/trees, then less furniture, and vice versa. Being able to craft and place custom furnture (for which there is already art in the database) will encourage larger single houses, which in turn will decrease lag (at least for those who haven't stopped at each plot along the road to see what THAT owner did with their space...).
    Correct, furniture system was never added to the game. At this time there are no plans to add furniture either as the resources (labor) is not available.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

1) Applying more than one dye tint to the same object, ie. Red garment with gold trim, etc.

2) Visible capes. You can't be a hero without a flowing cape. Torn up variations would be nice.

3) An epic cargo-disc that I can ride like the Green Goblin. Bonus points for using the repeating bolt animation while riding.

4) Have different textures that we can cycle through during armor/clothes creation to spice up our appearance.

5) Deconstructing an item gives you a chance to learn the formula if you don't know it already. Obviously the more skill you have the better chance you have of learning the secrets. Do you want to use that rare item or do you want to take the small chance to learn how to make it? Decisions, Decisions!

6) Barbershops so we can change our hairstyles (for a fee of course). On a similar note: more hairstyles that don't look like a crumpled up piece of cardboard.

7) A creature called a Cattywampus...because I just like the word "cattywampus."

I may not be serious about some of the above. I'll let you decide which ones.

Different armor styles just like you can make different shapes weapons and some tools.

Different models of cargo disks. (shapes)

Armor style scales for dragons so they could either look their own style or heavily armored ready for battle.

Hoard dependant scales. For example low hoard makes you have a hatchy smooth kinda scale and high hoard gives you a scale type that clearly shows having more armor value.

Armor/weapon/tool/scale maintenance. This could be a craftable item that's used to maintain your equipment. For example if you do not maintain your armor it can get crack or frail. Of course this only would be visible not actually effecting your gear. Of course it wouldn't be a bad thing to introduce decay as long as there will never be a chance to lose the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by whatbrick View Post
    1)

2) Visible capes. You can't be a hero without a flowing cape. Torn up variations would be nice.

NO CAPES!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68ndaZSKa8

I wondered when, if, this would show up.

I was too lazy to do it myself.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information