Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What The World Needs Now

Default What The World Needs Now

I like to thank VI for making us new stuff and stuff. I know the Labyrinth is old stuff but I guess it's new. Some things I like to point out, though.

From my angle, per discussion with many players in game is things have gone is along making multiclassing less potent, nerf items/abilities/spells and so on to bring the need of groups and interdependency - On the adventure side only though - crafting they won't do that to because the logic is: if you earned your stripes in crafting and able to overcome your craft encounters it's great even if you can go it alone no groups required - but not the same if you adventure. This hurts a lot of players in the game.

My thinking is, we need these here:

1) Art assets - The model of my plate armor is 6 years old...I can say this to a LOT of things. I'm truly baffled as to why art assets is such a commodity in this game.

2) Epic gear - The kind that requires crafting which we have now. More art assets please. Gear means armor, weapons, spells, jewelry and TOOLS. I mean c'mon, how about an epic cargo disk or sack or something. Note I'm talking epic not the regular stuff.

3) Epic fluff - We have some of these like masks and etc. We need the epic kind - like nice clothes - remember lady Kendra's dress? Like THAT. (Rare drop one-shot recipes with high-end comps required and no power whatsoever. Just a pretty dress.)

4) Structures - I've been wating for buildable elven structures for 6 years. How about a pond? Firepit? Guardhouse? Feel free to add.

5) A persistant war - Not an event like Dryad or Satyr and stuff like that. A WAR. Once Istaria was a happening place. Now it is not. Today, the WA wait to be killed. Back then they came for us.

(You know by habbit, I still at all times have inventory pouches by organization: full set of potions, full armor (3 sets), 5 diff types swords, 2 shields, 6+ sets of jewelry, 2 pouches of crystals (edibles and sockets) - and my hotkeys are set up ready to roll - I don't change these not for crafting sake no nothing. At a single tell we group ready and able, no "hey man I gotta go change" or "let me fix my hotkeys" or "dang the shield is at the house" ...That's what it means to be a Defender back in the days when this place was hopping. And yeah, we had a population.)

6) Make T2+ gear/items/tools easier to attain by new players. Currently it's beyond frustrating.

Feel free to add more.

Default Re: What The World Needs Now

An epic onehand crush and onehand slash weapon for warrior types would be good. The ones ingame all seem to be 2 handers except for the spear. An epic crossbow perhaps? an epic shortbow maybe?

As far as structures go, some that would be really desirable for adventurers might get the building economy moving a bit. At the moment most structures are craft oriented or basic storage.
    One idea would be a structure that "links" attuned items to the player like a magic conduit or some such so that you can "pull" attuned items from your vault to your inventory no matter where you are in istaria , make it one way vault to player only.
    Some sort of short term buff building (sparing yard or archery range ) might be another desirable building , or one that generates an item once per whatever time period , potion like or food or something (attuned so you only have one at a time).
    Some buildings any adventurer would really want and Lair equivilants.

What about a Craft Epic Tool ?
    like:
    -A adamantium Mining Pick Gather/quarrying delay -5%, +50 mining/quarrying skill
    -A adamantium toolclaw Gather/quarrying delay -5%,+50 mining/quarrying skill

-A Heavy Cargo Disk 20000 bulk, small speed/fly reduction, prevents recall/teleportation

"Furniture" because our buildings look way to empty.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

This thoughts sound good.

And what is about Dragons attaking from the Sky?

It would be nice if Dragons have a firebolt attack from the sky, like oldschool dragons!
    Hail Malganival Lunus !! How can I serve YOU?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

always liked the furniture idea. i understand that it prolly can't happen, but it is a dream nevertheless.......
    fluff of any kind is good with me tho - i love fluff!

and more high end weapons would be sahweet - i love opener, but its pretty low powered for a mith weapon....i could go maul like snake, i guess, but a level 90s warhammer would be so awesome!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I dunno about furniture, one we'd have to recode the whole building system, and two, try walking through Tazoon.... now imagine each building having 5-10 pieces of furniture that has to load...

Now imagine how much of this stuff bored players would put in their plots...

Would you enjoy using T6 crafting machines at 5 frames per second? lol.

So don't put furniture in.
    Make it a part of the house model like NPC housing. Yeah, you won't be able to customize it but at least you'll have a bed, a rug and maybe some bookshelves or a table or something.

I find large taverns kinda creepy. All those empty rooms...

Empty rooms in large taverns are for newbies dieing to get in...and as yet having no plot structure of thier own to hang thier hat.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; February 8th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Make it a part of the house model like NPC housing. Yeah, you won't be able to customize it but at least you'll have a bed, a rug and maybe some bookshelves or a table or something.

^
    i like this.

hmm more scale colors, fur colors, player customization!

*ddreeeamsss*

new flying animations.

I'd love to see a dragon structure give a tavern buff.

Even if they are not customizable, they are still objects and still need to be drawn.

Some furniture exists, true. But they usually exist in small clusters of buildings that won't lag up too much, well, unless you count Lagzoon.

But that gives us a good reason as to why there isn't a bunch of furniture in player-created houses.

I don't like it any more than you do, empty rooms everywhere, but I do understand why they are like that. Players tend to cramp as many buildings onto a plot as they can and oftentimes fill up the rest of the space with decorations, walkways, etc (some plots are an absolute MAZE to navigate!).

A group of player plots looks like.. I don't know, a cluster*beeep* of bushes, walkways, fences, and as many buildings crammed near each other as physically possible. You don't even see buildings that close together in an RL town. Now, if each of those buildings had 10 pieces of furniture each, even if they were NOT customizable, that is quite a bit more load on the game to draw and keep track of.

Meanwhile, towns that were not built by players (Dalimond, etc), the buildings are spaced out pretty evenly, and there's not a million objects laying around like bushes, walkways, etc. Well, except for, again, Lagzoon.

What this game really and only needs right now is lag reduction. Dramatic and full scale lag reduction..
    While I am no programmer and have no idea how to accomplish this, but porting to playertowns like Selen or Last Stand in particular is a huge pain in the *bleep* for me.

As a side note and saying this hurts me a little since I am not a biped-player...
    The second thing that this game needs is to finally give bipeds their furniture even if it is the same for everyone and cannot be changed. I totally love walking into a plot build library building with the bookshelves and the chess/checkers table and that makes me wonder... How much more lag would it give to add beds, tables, bookshelves, armor stands and whatever else people want to have in their buildings if they are build at exactly the same time as the structure and are loaded at the same time as the structure.

Maybe add an option in the options menu to allow players to activate or de-activate the furniture in structures.

Eventhough these 2 points are contradicting they are still both needed...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I vote for more fluff!

I understand why, the devs have said it plenty of times, we can't have furniture. Might as well give that one up - it ain't gonna happen - its not possible.

Neither I believe are dragon attacks from the sky - not possible given the current engine (I believe this was the explanation given once upon a time..).

But fluff - come on - you can put fluff everywhere, for crafters and adventurers (want that interdependency - there ya go!), all types of fluff - it effects NOTHING important (i.e. game balance) but certainly gives people things to play for.

Titles, badges, emblems, should pets, unique outfits, unique colors (poor dragons), unique BUILDINGS (yea think of that - buildings that are fluff buildings - look pretty, unqiue and do nothing!!) or unique lair chambers (hoard chambers anyone ). The list is ENDLESS on the fluff yhou could put in game and people would go NUTSO for it.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FLUFF!! Seriously - fluff is addictive.

*suddendly imagined "cargo pets" - cute little fluff pets that people equip like a cargo disk that runs around with them while adventuring - does nothing (no speed debuff either) but zomg can you imagine the squee?*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

my vote too- give us more fluff please
    Some could be rare, or even unique. Others as a "must have"^^ for everyone. A reward for a quest, or killing a mob or crafting whatsoever.
    Or a as a sink for silver or IBMs.
    E.g. I`d love to add useless but nice looking things on my plots
    how about a new kind of tree? Or colored hedges? Or a bird to sit in the tree/on the roof- ahh I can imagine a lot..^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Even if they are not customizable, they are still objects and still need to be drawn.

Some furniture exists, true. But they usually exist in small clusters of buildings that won't lag up too much, well, unless you count Lagzoon.
    Ummm... no. Perhaps you misunderstood. the items would be part of a structure, not individual pieces.

(if you play with loadscreen off) You don't see each wall of a house, then the roof load do you?
    No, it is all one object and only requires one load: the house.

This was explained to us a while ago. Even the NPC houses are one item. Furniture is not separate. Elaborate clothing like what Kendra wears isn't actually a piece of clothing. It is part of her body texture.

This was explained to us a while ago. Even the NPC houses are one item. Furniture is not separate. Elaborate clothing like what Kendra wears isn't actually a piece of clothing. It is part of her body texture.
    Furniture in NPC houses are separate objects, not part of the House model. Very few structures are setup with furniture built in, just like only a handful of NPCs (Ryson, Kendra, a couple others) are one texture.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Meh. :/

Thread Information