Thread: Return of the disco essence

Default Return of the disco essence

First off, I'm not sure if those goes in bugs or rants... so feel free to move if its in wrong section.

This is the third time now.

Disco essence rears it's ugly head.

I delete my cache and it's gone for another week or so, but I have yet to figure out how, when or why it keeps coming back. (I've already deleted cache so why come back?)

(someone tell me I'm not crazy when I see this? Anyone else spot this?)

Default Re: Return of the disco essence

I saw that while wandering around Lesser Aradoth by the essence circle north of Sslanis on Chaos. At the time, I didn't pay much attention since I thought I might have had some stale resources sitting around in my override directory.

*oontz* *oontz* *oontz*
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Hmm.... before I go hunting into that mess that is my override folder, wouldn't I always get disco essence if that was the case? Deleting my cache does seem to work and I see normal essence for a period of time.

Shian,

Since something seems to be "corrupting" your world cache, you may want to try removing whatever map pack you have installed (assuming you do, of course), in your resources_override folder.

We have had some reports of a map pack that is causing players to be completely unable to log in to if their character is left in some areas of the world. The report is from a player who either logged, or crashed, out of the world and when they attempt to log back in, the game simply crashes without generating any specific error. When we ask them to clear the world cache folder and remove any installed map packs, the player is then able to log back in. Thus far no one has written back with specifically what map pack they are using, so we can't "track" it to if it is one in particular.

It is worth a try, though.

I can tell you that the fix that was applied quite some time ago for the "disco essence" still remains on all servers, and nothing else was changed that I'm aware of that would cause the "disco essence" to re-appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The report is from a player who either logged, or crashed, out of the world and when they attempt to log back in, the game simply crashes without generating any specific error. When we ask them to clear the world cache folder and remove any installed map packs, the player is then able to log back in.
    If it makes any difference to pin down what the problem is..

That sounds almost exactly like something that happened to me a week or so ago: crashed at a random time (just standing still near the shop in the NT flax area, not long enough for the "idle logout" to occur), then was unable to log back in as the game would crash as soon as the terrain tried to load. However, I did not have to remove my mappack to get it working. All I did was clear the world cache.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

What the heck is disco essence? I know this isn't helpful to the thread in the least, but...my curiosity feels the need to be satisfied...>.>
    I am known as Morriana Morrigan and Kyairthwen Swordsong on Order
    Cedric: I complain about lack of roleplay.
    DM Kami: I'll get to you.
    Ganshiel: You are going to be eaten by the demon queen Malkuth.

Looks like I don't have a screenie of it.. maybe someone else does, but I can explain it.

Take what an essence residue looks like(watch it move), then turn it inside out and place it on a block of ground texture on the ground.

It basically looks like a black square with tiny white balls of light moving around on this one square patch. Like what the floor looks like when a disco ball is moving.

I think that would amuse the hells out of my at first...and then shortly thereafter drive me insane...:P Thanks for taking the time to explain!
    I am known as Morriana Morrigan and Kyairthwen Swordsong on Order
    Cedric: I complain about lack of roleplay.
    DM Kami: I'll get to you.
    Ganshiel: You are going to be eaten by the demon queen Malkuth.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

would def make you crazy = disco poo always gives me a headache
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information