Thread: Dragon Confectioner - Will we ever get it?

Threaded View

Default Re: Dragon Confectioner - Will we ever get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    I have to ask, are there any plans at all to add a dragon confectioner class?

For the past two years, i have hardly logged in at all because i find that the new DP fade timers have destroyed the fun i got out of hunting, and i am rarely in the mood to just sit around and craft.

My main beef is that the current system forces me to pick between the lesser of three evils:

A) Only hunt until i die once, then spend 28 hours doing something else while i wait for the DP to fade. this leaves me personally with a maximum of about 45 minutes hunting each day, as that is the longest i can go without some factor causing me to die.

B) hunt until i have enough points that the penalty becomes a severe problem, then find some way to spend my time waiting for the 1+ hour penalty timer (usually end up calling it a day and logging off, since a 20% debuff kills crafting capability as well). this means that for day 1, i have as much hunting time as i can stand, punctuated every 45 minutes by a longer and longer penalty cooldown.

C) run to a biped to get food and eat my penalties away.

Of the three, C is absolutely not an option, for various reasons i have made plain in the past and are not open for discussion here. that leaves A) maximum hunt time of 45 minutes per day, or B) suck it up and deal with the monster penalty cooldowns.

B is fine if i only want to hunt once every other week. gives me a solid day of hunting before the penalty becomes truly debilitating, but by the time i have enough points for the penalty to be a serious problem, it will be two weeks or more for them all to fade.

So i have to ask, will this problem ever have a solution? Will i ever be able to get food without debasing myself before a biped? If so, when?

This is a tolerably critical question (to me anyway) as my sub is up for renewal on the 28th, and my decision to renew will be based on the answer to my questions.

PLEASE NOTE: The purpose of this thread is to inquire as to the possibility of a Dragon Confectioner class. My play-style is NOT the subject of this thread, and i will not debate it in this thread. I merely gave a truncated version of it in order to illustrate why i feel a Dragon Confectioner class is needed. I know i am not the only person who feels this way, even if i am the only one who feels this way and still stuck around after the change went through. Please keep responses related to Dragon Confectioner class ideas or queries. I won't hesitate to report anyone who tries to derail this thread.
    Non derailing part of the post:

I do not want a dragon confectioner. I do not require a dragon made way to remove deathpoints. I do not think we dragon players will ever get one.

I have a few solutions to the problem.

None of these discuss tactics, player skill, or tell anyone their opinion is wrong.

1. Take the time to look at craft schools and completely flesh out a blanaced version of Dragon Confectioner with skill gain per level, recipes, etc. Submit on suggestions.

2. Play a biped to level ones own confectioner to 100.

3. Find a dragon who has spare fish fry's, pies, and ambrosias. No bipeds needed. (pleasse note, I haven't played in a while, if some of those items are attuned they are obviously NOT an option. My mistake, I apologize in advance.
    Last edited by Silverblaze; February 9th, 2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: removed a large part of the post, decided not to derail, suffice it to say I found the bold in the bottom of the OP offensive
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Thread Information