Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heyall!

Default Re: Heyall!

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Will all of the above please go into detail about what happened? As I would love to see it since you guys seem to be responding with such clear cut opinions on the matter, so I assume you must then know all of what happened to be able to come to such positions in the matter. Though in reality I've got the feeling that you, in fact, do not. Which leads me to wonder why judgment has already been made about the situation.

I've already gone out of my way attempting to personally resolve the issue on one side of this mess (As it was the only side I was able to do so with) and I don't know what's irking me more, the fact that such a personal matter (That I thought was resolved the day it happened) has been brought public in the first place, or the fact that there are people now making stances and picking sides on an issue they absolutely no knowledge of in the first place. Either way I'm now annoyed because prejudice is now pushing people into the 'bad side' (When, if you had ANY idea of what happened, you would know that there is no 'bad side' in this situation).
    I don't have enough informations about what happened there, and I have no claim to judge it. I was not talking about it in my message, but about a verified thing: experienced roleplayers stay away from new ones because they are, for a large part, harsch when someone tries to help them to RP better, this is sad. As I said, I'd like to know how, with that fact to stay away, to get new close friends and do social interactions by RP, or OoC, with new players.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    I don't have enough informations about what happened there, and I have no claim to judge it. I was not talking about it in my message, but about a verified thing: experienced roleplayers stay away from new ones because they are, for a large part, harsch when someone tries to help them to RP better, this is sad. As I said, I'd like to know how, with that fact to stay away, to get new close friends and do social interactions by RP, or OoC, with new players.
    First of all, that's not an issue that's being raised in this thread, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up here. Secondly, I know I personally do not "stay away" from new players. Haven't you seen me in Dragon Chat answering questions all the time? The only thing I am not willing to do anymore unless a new player directly asks for it, is to try to directly teach anyone how to RP better because it more often than not is met with hostility.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I won't come back on the topic of the experienced roleplayers staying away from the ones who annoy them. But... can you tell me, then, how you can get new close friends, explore new ways of thinking and promote social interaction, while staying away from others, OoCly as well?
    LungTien, you can find all of the reasons why some - let me say that again - some, very few even, of the more experienced roleplayers stay out of the general channels in the rant threads (See here). That's all that needs to be said about that as going further into that tangent only begs for derailment.

As I said, I'd like to know how, with that fact to stay away, to get new close friends and do social interactions by RP, or OoC, with new players.
    Like Raptress, I'm also been relatively active in DC. I've been pushing Ikaron (IC) into DC quite a bit lately, a lot more in the past week than I've seen Lung (IC) in DC the past month to be honest, so what's your excuse?

Besides, this has absolutely NO RELEVANCE on what we're talking about here, so why was it even brought up?

Edit: Not responding to anything else that has nothing to do with what Malendryn brought up in this thread after this point.
    Last edited by Akrion; March 8th, 2010 at 11:10 PM.

Wow, wow, and just ... WOW! Good lord, What the heck can of worms have I opened up here? I think we need to petition some major TV network for a new soap opera at this point!

Raptress, I don't recall any 'harsh words' between me and 'x'. I was informed they logged for something in RL to deal with and would be back later. If that is indeed not the truth, as has been suggested, and if 'x' logged because I offended, that just simply strikes me as 'odd' given our history ...

Granted everyone is capable of percieving everything they read in their own level of context (which is quite frankly how this entire conversation came into existance to begin with!)

'x' in the past, would never /ever/ have reacted this way, if I was crass, 'x' would have been every bit, equally as crass, but 'today' this fundamental 'change' in reaction has me flabbergasted and I am slammed with the forefrontal brunt of this change of which I was not forewarned of. (This is no one's fault by the way, it simply is natural progression! One cannot come back into an environment they've not been a part of for years, literally, and expect to just up and 'know'.)

Frankly and simply, so be it! As I have already stated, I am not compatible with things the way they are, as has been made blatantly obvious, and for which I totally and completely accept!

I'm sorry I offended, Yes I did indeed open my unwise mouth here on the forums about something that was technically in-game, but as I won't BE in-game there is no way for me to 'in-gamely' air my woes, so I aired them here instead. the one 'Static' means by which I can do so, because in-game does not have email, so if you want to know why I aired it here, that is precisely why, because it is impossible to engender the audience within the game due to a lack of facility within game to do so.

I certainly had no intent to create this kind of response, and I sure as heck didn't expect nor intend for this thread to balloon into a forum virus such as it has!

edit: this kind of bickering is certainly NOT the way to engender any desire for me to return, to be honest...

edit2: it might be wise to point out I havent been in any chat channels, I dont even know what channels are available at this stage. 'dragon chat' is a channel who's name is alien to me. Just trying to give an example of how 'out of it' I am these days, reguarding the current state of affairs and how I am not in the loop.
    Last edited by Malendryn; March 9th, 2010 at 01:28 AM.

Okay, seriously.
    I am the second party here. I have kept silent because I simply don't have the words.
    Malendryn, if you wished to speak your woes, there's a perfectly tactful way of doing it. I won't be upset if you PM me, and I still won't be.

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

I wasn't talking about you, Raptress, or you, Akrion, especially. I was just responding to Hraefn's words, below.
    Hraefn, I have understood this, and I was only looking for understand your words below.
    Akrion, I'm glad to hear that you RP on DC more than I do, but I'm sometimes busy with something else, in the game, like to help friends or new players,...
    Anyway, Malendryn, Dragon Channel is the channel where most of new players tend to go, and where they can ask for help. Players are sometimes roleplaying there, but there is OoC discussions as well. You are still welcome there, and I'm sure that many players would like to explain you the changes.

Just because they're not in the public channels doesn't mean they're not interacting with people, Lung. There's /say and /tell and both of them are often utilized by those types of players.

Many of my characters enter the public channels for roleplay, but if I'm not feeling up that sort, I often send a tell to another player or find some action in an actual place in the game. A person doesn't need to be in a spotlight or in plain sight to make friends.

Can you tell me your alts' names? I don't know these characters...

Akrion, I'm glad to hear that you RP on DC more than I do, but I'm sometimes busy with something else, in the game, like to help friends or new players,...
    I'm sorry about my last post, it was angrier than I would have preferred to make it, I've just been in the middle of this whole conflict mentioned in this thread trying to keep relationships from ripping apart, and to see it come public really got to me because it was going to make things infinitesimally more difficult to help come to a resolution.

The point of my post to you, Lung, was that you haven't been around very frequently for the past few weeks, but you have reasons. Just like everybody else. Everybody has a reason for not being around in public. So perhaps instead of trying to find those that are currently staying away from the public scene, you should pay more attention to those that are coming back to the public scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    I'm sorry about my last post, it was angrier than I would have preferred to make it, I've just been in the middle of this whole conflict mentioned in this thread trying to keep relationships from ripping apart, and to see it come public really got to me because it was going to make things infinitesimally more difficult to help come to a resolution.

The point of my post to you, Lung, was that you haven't been around very frequently for the past few weeks, but you have reasons. Just like everybody else. Everybody has a reason for not being around in public. So perhaps instead of trying to find those that are currently staying away from the public scene, you should pay more attention to those that are coming back to the public scene.
    I'm open to everyone who wants to interact ICly or OoCly with me

I'm PMing for clarificaiton on my point to certain parties but for the sake of public knowledge .

I do wish to say I was not posting to judge anyone on the personal conflict - which everyone who knows the details is RIGHT that it should have been taken to PMs to begin with and not brought up here. I had no intention nor wish anyone to think I was commenting on something I know perfectly well I know nothing about! HA!

My comment was more directed at the sad feeling I had that with such a low population on Order already, anyone would recommend someone leave the server. I don't know, nor do I care, the reasons for the recommendation - I don't need to know. The ONLY part I was responding to was "I was told Chaos was better for that" - and I was sad to see this. Not because it isn't necessarily true *sigh* but because to me if one person has said it then others are saying it. And I'd hate for the population to suffer even more because multiple players are recommending people just go to Chaos...

That's what I meant to comment on, and nothing more.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Yesh, it's me, do ye not all groan in unison now!

This seems like a good thread to attach myself to, after all I engendered it

More than a year has passed and yes, I once again rear my ugly head, but such is the way of dragons!

And just as before, I am once again, bored! but I don't know if my current-day computer can support gaming. (I'm switching to a laptop-development environment for the sake of portability)

I have a 9gig core-i7 GTX260 in the closet, -literally- because I really NEED to know this works on a laptop for where my Real-Life future progresses sooooooo....

I am trying to decide whether I need to keep 'Malendryn' retired though, for the sake of the many, at least while I test things out at a minimum.

Hello, and if you return, welcome back. There is new content, and new and older players coming these days. Feel free to ask if you need help.

Thread Information