Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blasted blizzard!

Default Re: Blasted blizzard!

lol, i was not serious about the world ending in 2012.
    however, i am very serious about the horrendous world pollution being far more than just the burning of greenhouse gasses. i'm not convinced global warming is more than normal temperature variations of the earth, but i am convinced we are destroying the earth's ecosystems as we know them - and faster than we as a race can adapt without employing extensive technology.
    imo, we need to learn to clean up after ourselves globally, but there are many who would rather just be slobs.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

personally, i already have my viewing spot all picked out and i hope the world does end in 2012 (after my bithday of course, i need to get my loot first)......
    i am ready to start over in a new life!

but that's just me, and i certainly don't expect it to happen, i can't be that lucky - god doesn't love me enough for that kinda thing....

or is that too much of a downer?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I try to do my part. Since I heard CO2 was a greenhouse gas I just sit at home...and try not to breathe.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

imo, we need to learn to clean up after ourselves globally, but there are many who would rather just be slobs.
    Well, you see cleaning up takes MONEY to do.

Many people (especially those in charge) do not like spending a cent more than they have to, to get a job done.

I know someone IRL who is an example of this. They will not replace anything until it is absolutely unusable or just not worth keeping around. They don't seem to care that the stupid thing is annoying when it doesn't work right, they don't want to spend the few bucks to replace it.

This applies to anything from a 10-year-old shop vac that has several holes in the hoses and only has 3 wheels, to a mop handle that is kludged with wire to keep the mop head in place (though that fails half of the time), to a mop bucket which has 2 bad wheels and half of the time refuses to go anywhere (because the faulty wheels are turned in the wrong direction and won't turn without having to manually reach down and turn them). You try to push the stupid thing and it doesn't want to go, causing the water to splash everywhere....

People don't want to spend any more money than they absolutely must.

But then it'd help if everyone didn't try to charge ridiculous prices for some things, too....

Thread Information